Former President Trump Thread

Dave

Staff member
See @Dave that's funny. You could learn a thing or two from Pat.
I certainly could, but I'd have to unpack it from several layers of pedantry before I got to the creamy center.

Pat is a pretty funny guy when he wants to be, although (in Discord at least) he does tend to rely on movie/TV quotes.

"I was promised dystopia by the end of the year and I don't need you dragging it out and cutting into my Christmas shopping."

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member

Biden camp cancels multiple Texas events after a "Trump Train" surrounded a campaign bus

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into a Friday incident in which a group of Trump supporters, driving trucks and waving Trump flags, surrounded and followed a Biden campaign bus as it drove up I-35 in Hays County, a law enforcement official confirmed to The Texas Tribune Saturday. "

"When reached for comment, the Texas GOP Chairman Allen West dismissed questions regarding the incident. 'It is more fake news and propaganda. Prepare to lose ... stop bothering me,' West said in a statement. "

("Fake news" that the President retweeted video of, and praised.)

"According to Hays County Sheriff Gary Cutler, the Biden campaign did not notify his office that it would be passing through the county to allow law enforcement to prepare for any possible confrontations. 'The planning of this was questionable,' said Cutler, a Republican running for reelection on Tuesday."

Worst yet, here in Texas, the Republican's are trying to get all the drive-thru votes nullified. What is the difference between the drive-thru votes and normal station votes? One, you didn't have to leave you car.

They use the same ID confirmations, the same machines, the same ballot drop off. But once again, it was allowed in Harris County, and they are going to do everything they can to make sure one of the largest, most democratic counties can't vote or isn't counted for votes.

They even tried to stop it before the early voting even started, but the Texas Supreme Court told them no, that drive-thru voting would be allowed. They are taking it to the feds now to get the votes that have been counted nullified. Over 100,000 votes.

Last edited:
Even better is the reason they're giving for why those votes shouldn't be counted, which is that drive-through voting violates the US constitution:
Republicans alleged that the state Legislature has sole authority over election law under the U.S. Constitution. They also claimed that the [state] Legislature never approved drive-thru voting. As a result, they argued, the procedure is an unconstitutional usurpation of the Legislature’s power, meaning every ballot cast via drive-thru voting is illegitimate.
source

There are so many arguments against this that it is almost comical, not least of which is the fact that they waited a full four months before bringing suit.

--Patrick