Former President Trump Thread

My hope is Biden wins by a wide enough margin that night, just so Trump doesn't even get a TV victory, and that the margin gets even wider as more mail-in votes are counted.
Early voting has been insane all around the country, we are already looking to break the total 2016 vote numbers before Election Day even hits.

Pretty much every article I have read has said the Democratic turnout for early voting has been way higher then Republican, but any time I go to Twitter, the conservative sphere keeps saying that Republicans are the majority of early voters, and I keep wondering where they get their numbers from, but none of them post sources. It's always so maddening because I want to get a balanced amount of statistics on whether it really is Democratic voters or a large amount of Republican voters fearful of the first few days of early voting turnouts.

Also I am a bit annoyed by all the cynicism when it comes to Texas. People who have been crunching the numbers say there is a higher chance Biden will win Texas then Trump wins Florida, and yet people who don't even live here are certain the state won't flip. We are working our asses off here to try and make it happen with a 600% youth voter increase and people are just like "Nope, it's Texas. It's gonna be red."

I mean, I get it, I am also cautious optimistic and on the fence if it will happen, leaning on the state still going to Trump in the end due to the mail in suppression, but I still try to keep enthusiasm because this state has terrible voter turnout, and part of that is because voters that would go blue never think they can actually win and thus never vote. We need to keep supporting voters by pointing out that it's possible and getting them energized, not claim defeat before it even happens. If we can even land within 1-2% points we can very likely energize for a total flip in 2024 as more old red voters die off and more young college kids and tech gurus move in due to the new Apple campus.

Early voting has been insane all around the country, we are already looking to break the total 2016 vote numbers before Election Day even hits.

Pretty much every article I have read has said the Democratic turnout for early voting has been way higher then Republican, but any time I go to Twitter, the conservative sphere keeps saying that Republicans are the majority of early voters, and I keep wondering where they get their numbers from, but none of them post sources. It's always so maddening because I want to get a balanced amount of statistics on whether it really is Democratic voters or a large amount of Republican voters fearful of the first few days of early voting turnouts.
I think conservatives have historically turned out in greater numbers for early voting. Probably that is due to a high number of retirees belonging to the Republican party. This year, the pandemic is throwing everything into disarray.

I think conservatives have historically turned out in greater numbers for early voting. Probably that is due to a high number of retirees belonging to the Republican party. This year, the pandemic is throwing everything into disarray.
None of them are speaking historically though, they are saying this election the Republican turnout has been "twice as big" as the Democratic one, and I just wish they would give actual data.

I have to admit, I am still nervous. I keep seeing conservative opinion pieces swearing that Trump supporters refuse to talk to pollsters, so all polls are wrong because they falsely skew for Biden. They are absolutely convinced that Trump will have another surprise victory next week.

I just don't think I could handle it.

I have to admit, I am still nervous. I keep seeing conservative opinion pieces swearing that Trump supporters refuse to talk to pollsters, so all polls are wrong because they falsely skew for Biden. They are absolutely convinced that Trump will have another surprise victory next week.

I just don't think I could handle it.
They probably are. Polls have a HUGE non-response problem. But they are being typically myopic if they think that only Trump supports refuse to talk to pollsters. They likely have no proof whatsoever that Trump supporters are not answering at higher rates than non-Trump supporters.

They probably are. Polls have a HUGE non-response problem. But they are being typically myopic if they think that only Trump supports refuse to talk to pollsters. They likely have no proof whatsoever that Trump supporters are not answering at higher rates than non-Trump supporters.
And again, a lot of these polls are done by phone, or some other obtrusive method that younger generations don't readily respond to.

Yeah I've been thinking about it and while I intellectually realize that there's still a very real chance trump will win, I am 100% not emotionally prepared for it, and I don't think it's possible for me to be.
A 15% or something chance is low, but very possible. I'm not even American, black, lgbtqi, or anything and even so I have honest to God anxiety over what might happen in Trump 2.
I don't understand how someone who is those things manages right now.

All this Hunter Biden nonsense and people like Rudy going fucking batshit insane on Fox.

I legitimately now feel nothing but pity for you folks. My own provincial government is dogshit awful and everyone I know is making plans to leave Alberta, me included, but I wouldn't trade this shithole for your nonsense for all the healthcare in the world.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah. He endorsed Trump.

Dude can vote for who he wants to. It's his choice. I disagree and I think it makes him look really stupid and racist, but it's his choice.

edit: Also, this is not a surprise. He's BEEN an avid Trump fan. He golfs with Trump. He's a rich, old, white guy. Not sure why this would be news.