Former President Trump Thread

I bet there will a nice letter, ghost written by someone else and put in the desk without Trump knowing. Maybe written by Pence, or whoever else wants to pretend their image wasn't already flushed down the toilet. (Maybe Ivanka will write one and sign it with her own name lol)

After the inauguration and Trump gets on Marine One for the last time I hope it lands at DC Central Detention Facility instead of Andrews Air Force Base.

My first thought was, "Only 15???", but then the article opened with:
Trying to pick the most notable lies from Donald Trump's presidency is like trying to pick the most notable pieces of junk from the town dump.
...very good. Carry on, article.

Speaking of which, any of you Michiganders rescind his "Man of the Year" award yet?

I saw a video I missed before, from Trump's ghost writer, going over how fun Trump was to write for because he says anything, but that as an American it scares him that he is in charge of the country because he will do or say absolutely anything to talk himself up, regardless of the facts. He will never take blame or defeat.

He then told stories like how Trump would buy a golf course, then have a "Tournament" which amounted to just himself and Melania playing golf. Of course Melania would always lose, and Trump would win the tournament, get a huge trophy handed to him, and a plaque on the wall appointing him the victor that year. Even in Tournaments he didn't play, as long as it was at one of his courses, he would call them up, ask who won, and if they were not "well known" he would say he played a better game in some other state that day and thus he should be named the winner. Since he owned the place, they would scratch off "Joe Shmoes" actual victory and put in Donald Trump instead. This is why if you ever go to a Trump golf course anywhere in the country, over half the "winners" plaques for their tournaments have Donald Trump as the name.

I wish I could say I was shocked by this, but I have never been shocked by this. This is pure Trump.

I'm not sure he even cares about HIS constitution that much. There's no shortage of pics showing times he's soiled himself. :puke:

Fucking LOL.

Presidential pardon should be high on the list of things to severely limit or do away with entirely.
It should be a valuable check against wrongful convictions. But I agree, Trump has shown that some kind of limit needs to be put on it. To my knowledge it has never been so grossly abused and corrupted.

It should be a valuable check against wrongful convictions. But I agree, Trump has shown that some kind of limit needs to be put on it. To my knowledge it has never been so grossly abused and corrupted.
Either way, if the problem is that there’s no way for wrongful or unjust sentences to be overturned other than by the whims of one person, that is the problem.
Trump may be the worst example of abuse, but he’s not the only. Clinton, Nixon, and who knows what we don’t know about.

Trump has never seen the office of President as what it's supposed to be. He has always just seen it as a tool to make things better for himself and his rich friends, and as a method of getting the attention his narcissistic fat-ass requires. There isn't a point in his entire time in office where I've ever been like "Oh. He did a good thing here for the sake of making this country better." Even when he pushed for $2000 stimulus checks it was just a last ditch effort to get more people to side with him so he could do something about the election results. Not only is Trump the most corrupt President we've ever had but he is unapologetically so. I have no doubt that history will eventually officially record him as the worst U.S. President ever.

I'm awaiting 12:01pm Wednesday and the Ceremonial Unsealing of the Indictments, to be immediately followed by the Ceremonial Seizing of the Assets.

The incoming President has traditionally offered the outgoing one last plane ride out of town. Only this time, the next stop is Gitmo.

(One can dream, can't one?)

Trump has never seen the office of President as what it's supposed to be. He has always just seen it as a tool to make things better for himself and his rich friends, and as a method of getting the attention his narcissistic fat-ass requires. There isn't a point in his entire time in office where I've ever been like "Oh. He did a good thing here for the sake of making this country better." Even when he pushed for $2000 stimulus checks it was just a last ditch effort to get more people to side with him so he could do something about the election results. Not only is Trump the most corrupt President we've ever had but he is unapologetically so. I have no doubt that history will eventually officially record him as the worst U.S. President ever.
To Americans, maybe, but to many, many people it's going to be hard to match the eternal misery the war on terror has caused. W has hundreds of thousands of deaths he's responsible for.