Former President Trump Thread

I like the tone of these ads, but they deepen my concern that Biden will win and then spend four years focused on "healing the divide" while Republicans continue doing whatever they need to to continue to amass power and thwart pesky things like people voting or wanting rights and stuff.
I mean, I'd really love for Biden to pull a, "Ha ha, fuck your racism, we're fixing this country", but even if he wanted to, I don't think it's feasible. There's so much damage no one person could do enough about it. Here's to hoping Dems, if given the chance, will learn from the past, but I don't have high hopes.

There's also the fact that the Democrats are much less of a monolith than the Republicans.
Susan Collins and co can say they're allowed to deviate or have a different opinion, but all in all, the Republicans tend to be one big block in politics, as far as voting is concerned. The breadth of the spectrum is also smaller than with the Dems (and than it used to be).
I can just about imagine the Dems gaining complete control over WH, House and Senate, only to spend the next 2 years bickering amongst one another. After all, they're the party that tries to encompass everything from the extreme left fringe all the way to the moderate conservative slightly right of center. Say, Biden and AOC, simply have little in common on how they want to solve issues - though they can probably at least somewhat agree on what the problems are, which the Reps wouldn't agree with.
If Biden was the Anti-Trump and the Democrats voted as one huge block on everything, he could add 4 SC Justices, expand MedicAid to cover anyone who wants to, raise the federal minimum wage to $15, reconnect with Europe and the UN, launch a Green New Deal, tax the rich, dial back the corporations-as-people and money-is-free-speech crap, etc etc. That program would get you maybe 20% of the vote, though, and at least half the Dems in house/Senate would vote against it.

Slow attempts to find common ground, rebuild fractured society, halfway attempts at ficing things, expect nothing else.

figmentPez

Staff member
People think this might be one of the reasons he walked out of the interview, if she called him out on it.
The White House is claiming it's a print out of all the executive orders and other stuff that he's signed in regards to healthcare.

Even if it isn't blank, it's still just a meaningless prop that exists solely for Trump's vanity. It's not a useful reference tool, nor would it be a cohesive health care strategy.

So is anyone here sadistic enough to watch the debate tonight? I already voted, I can ignore all of this fucking shit now. But here is a list of common phrases from r/dataisbeautiful if you need a drinking game. :p

1603407868611.png

I don't understand why trump is still pretending that he's going to release his taxes. Is there even one person on earth who still believes that?

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump, once again, shows that he has no idea what empathy is.

"Talk directly to the families that fear for their children because of racism."

*Trump talks to Biden about how much Trump has done for black people.*

God I hate MAGAts.

"If Biden wins, Antifa is going to invade the suburbs. It will be chaos, with criminals released into our cities to rape and pillage. We won't even have borders, so the cartels will come up to enslave and murder people."

Biden implies we have a dark winter ahead of us with COVID

"Wow Trump is trying to lift us up with how much stronger we are then the virus and here is Biden just fearmongering everything, trying to make people scared. Shame on him."

I just want to reach through my screen and throttle people.

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump came so close to saying something true.

"I ran because of you."

No, Dolt45, you ran because of Obama. Your racist ass couldn't stand seeing a black man in the White House, and you saw an opportunity to fleece money from like-minded bigots who also hate seeing people of color in power.

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump says "Sometimes you've got to talk them into it."

But earlier tonight he complained about how the Democrat controlled congress isn't getting anything done when it comes to a relief bill....

HMMM....