The Rocky Horror Picture Show

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Tagline: A Different Set Of Jaws.

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Musical[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jim Sharman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Meat Loaf[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Susan Sarandon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barry Bostwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard O'Brien[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonathan Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patricia Quinn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nell Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tim Curry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charles Gray[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1975-09-29[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]100[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]It's the weird and wonderful as newly engaged couple Brad and Janet encounter a problem when they car halts in the rain. They both look for contact only to find themselves at the castle of Dr. Frank-N-Furter a transvestite. A place to stay is offered, but will Brad and Janet want to remain there? Especially when a large group of Transylvanians dance to the 'Time Warp', Dr. Frank-N-Furter builds his own man and a whole host of participation for the audience to enjoy.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

But listen closely...

----------------

This movie is awesome, especially if you go to one of these viewings with all the paraphernalia and shouting at the screen and singing. Seriously, it's a great experience. Super fun. (I'm lucky we have a few such viewings each year in Barcelona)

Not for very much longer!

(I started going to Rocky back in high school with friends, both at the theater and the live stage production, full costume and everything! And when we were too young to drive, my mother would chauffeur, bless her. I made sure get got to "Time Warp" at my wedding, too!)

Honestly, I don't think the film is that good, but it's worth going to a midnight screening of it sometime.
Good is relative, and I'd not call RHPS anywhere near Oscar material. But it's a great movie for the hilarity it gives, the weirdness and the cheapness; also those Flash Gordon serial lasers are awesome!
:)

And here's the story how I lost my 'virginity': Back in (I think 1984) when RHPS aired on german TV for the first time...

Of coure it was under the week, a schoolday for little me. So I pretended to go to bed and later I sneaked out while my parent's sat in the living room. I snatched the small portable black and white TV to my room and there I was.
Hunched under my blanket, walkman headphones plugged to the small b/w screen, said screen about 20 cm from my face and the movie in english with german subtitles.

I never saw and felt a more brilliant movie ever after this!

Honestly, I don't think the film is that good, but it's worth going to a midnight screening of it sometime.
It's not a good film. At all. But that's the appeal; it's a bad film that leads to a great experience when shared with other people. It's why people love MST3K.

It's not a good film. At all. But that's the appeal; it's a bad film that leads to a great experience when shared with other people. It's why people love MST3K.
Pretty much. My main memories of the screening aren't related to the film, it's related to stuff like going to get my clothes after the underwear run and finding a Goth couple making out on top of them. At least they had the courtesy to roll over when I gently asked if I could get my clothes.

...Okay, that may have been a bit much to reveal, but most Rocky Horror screenings probably have something TMI for most folks.

Last edited: