The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Seriously, what THE fuck?

Okay, that was pretty dark, but on the other hand, it's not any different than the main plots of Cinderella, Snow White, Hansel & Gretel, etc., which we read to kids that age. I think it just seems darker in a modern context.

figmentPez

Staff member
Okay, that was pretty dark, but on the other hand, it's not any different than the main plots of Cinderella, Snow White, Hansel & Gretel, etc., which we read to kids that age. I think it just seems darker in a modern context.
To me it was dark because the child was taking on the dark role, and doing so in a very adult way. I wouldn't have been nearly as shocked if it had been a child's idea of a wicked stepparent, or if they'd been playing with two dolls and not taking on the role of stepparent themself.

To me it was dark because the child was taking on the dark role, and doing so in a very adult way. I wouldn't have been nearly as shocked if it had been a child's idea of a wicked stepparent, or if they'd been playing with two dolls and not taking on the role of stepparent themself.
It could also be the tone of it. I didn't think she said anything worse than what we've heard Wednesday Addams say, but it seemed more disturbing because of the over-all tone of it.

I didn't find it funny, per se, and maybe even a little sad, but I've been reading some classic stories to Li'l Z lately (from the Sesame Street Encyclopedias, of all things), and I've had to stop myself mid-sentence because I couldn't believe what I was about to say out loud. Some of it was almost word-for-word what that little girl said. I'm going to chalk this one up to sometimes we use comedy to talk about hard things, and hopefully people would have the good sense to help if they saw signs of this in real life.

Dave

Staff member
I personally thought it was funny, especially when the parents were fighting at the end. It was a very well done skit and I hope they end up airing it.

fade

Staff member
I don't know what you guys are talking about to be honest. Didn't seem any worse that something I'd see even on a kid's show.