fade

Staff member
Given the amount of comic book villain dialogue I read when I was a kid, I was under the impression that the word "henceforth" would be used a lot more than it is.

GasBandit

Staff member
Given the amount of comic book villain dialogue I read when I was a kid, I was under the impression that the word "henceforth" would be used a lot more than it is.
When I was a kid in school, people would sometimes mock my verbiage because I used words in normal conversation that I first heard in british comedies. Words like "burgled" instead of robbed, or "milling about" instead of "standing around." Thank god I never said "jumper" instead of "sweater" or anything quite so egregious.

I just had an argument I'd never would have guessed I'd have in a million years. I literally argued with someone about Alexandra Daddario's attractiveness. He said she was below average and I said, after picking my brains off the floor because my mind was blown out of my ears, that I want to live in his maniac, insane world where she's the below average.

I just had an argument I'd never would have guessed I'd have in a million years. I literally argued with someone about Alexandra Daddario's attractiveness. He said she was below average and I said, after picking my brains off the floor because my mind was blown out of my ears, that I want to live in his maniac, insane world where she's the below average.
While I can definitely understand if someone doesn't think she's the hottest woman in the world, I too am dumbfounded that someone could consider her below average.

When I was a kid in school, people would sometimes mock my verbiage because I used words in normal conversation that I first heard in british comedies. Words like "burgled" instead of robbed, or "milling about" instead of "standing around." Thank god I never said "jumper" instead of "sweater" or anything quite so egregious.
Sure hope you didn't own any rain boots.

I find Alexandra pretty, but I wouldn't say she's arrestingly so. Much like Jennifer Connelly.

--Patrick

She's pretty. Significantly above average. But she's also pretty in a sort of generic way that makes her less memorable.

After careful review and consideration, the committee has come to the tentative conclusion that if I were so propositioned, I would, in fact, have sexual intercourse with her.

fade

Staff member
I didn't know who that was. I googled her. Eh. She's attractive. Not below average, but not any kind of stand-out either.

I didn't know who it was either, and had to go look it up. And, yeah. I mean, she's pretty, but fora tv/movie-star/celebrity, she's nothing special. There's different yard sticks for regular people and celebs :p

I guess it's because I'm older. Or maybe it's because I've sown all of my wild oats. But I'm past the stage where "she's pretty" and "I would have sex with her" automatically go hand in hand.

I mean, what if she's just no fun to be around in real life, or we have nothing in common, or she holds viewpoints I find abhorrent, or I just don't have that spark of attraction when I'm around her. "Pretty" is just one characteristic. I've been in love with and been physically attracted to people that others might consider "below average"--looks are just one part of the equation (and seem to be becoming a much smaller part of the equation as time goes by).

This isn't to say that I'm looking down on those folks who see her and go "Oh yeah, I'd hit that," but I just haven't been that guy in quite a while.

But, for the record, I think she's pretty. And I think her eyes are amazing.

Last edited:
I guess it's because I'm older. Or maybe it's because I've sown all of my wild oats. But I'm past the stage where "she's pretty" and "I would have sex with her" automatically go hand in hand.

I mean, what if she's just no fun to be around in real life, or we have nothing in common, or she holds viewpoints I find abhorrent, or I just don't have that spark of attraction when I'm around her. "Pretty" is just one characteristic. I've been in love with and been physically attracted to people that others might consider "below average", but looks are just one part of the equation (and seem to be becoming a much smaller part of the equation as time goes by).

This isn't to say that I'm looking down on those folks who see her and go "Oh yeah, I'd hit that," but I just haven't been that guy in quite a while.

But, for the record, I think she's pretty. And I think her eyes are amazing.
She's more than just pretty. She's also rich.

Wake up to a hearty, lip-smacking bowlful of nutritious, nourishing Ubik toasted flakes, the adult cereal that’s more crunchy, more tasty, more ummmish. Ubik breakfast cereal, the whole-bowl taste treat!

Made my daughter cry because I wrote the truth in the academic concerns space on her getting to know you form for school. (Truth being that she works to the bare minimum expectation instead of pushing herself to excel)

Am I truly doing the thing again? I'm not sure I've ever done the thing once...much less, again. :rolleyes:[DOUBLEPOST=1502920255,1502920222][/DOUBLEPOST]
Made my daughter cry because I wrote the truth in the academic concerns space on her getting to know you form for school. (Truth being that she works to the bare minimum expectation instead of pushing herself to excel)
Tough love

I'm so fucking glad I don't have to go to school anymore. I get that my parents were the way they were for all the right reasons but Jesus Christ it sucked.

I'm so fucking glad I don't have to go to school anymore. I get that my parents were the way they were for all the right reasons but Jesus Christ it sucked.
My parents just assumed I was getting shit done because I could get good grades without trying. I did so much homework half assed in a panic on the bus, or during class when the teacher wasn't looking.

@Tinwhistler The fedora comment goes back to a meme about neckbeard trilby wearing asshats who sit on the internet talking about chicks who are "well below their standards"

19wj2s.jpg

fade

Staff member
I wouldn't say any woman was beneath my standards, but there are definitely some women I find more physically attractive than others. I don't even really have control over that. It just is.