The origin of the poop emoji

After reading the article I am now sad I can not rate this post with the poop emoji.
Next time you want an emoji that you don't know how to type from your computer, do google search for "unicode [emoji name]" and you'll find a page that has it.

Since it's part of most browser's font set, it'll scale just like a font:

But keep in mind that 1) it'll appear differently on everyone's computer/device depending on their browser, operating system, and installed fonts, and 2) some won't see it, but will instead see an empty block or box.

Also, for those curious, the real origin of this emoji is the seventh planet from the sun.[DOUBLEPOST=1461716738,1461716643][/DOUBLEPOST]Although it appears halforums filters unicode characters out. Well then, nevermind. Works on facebook and many other websites.

I thought it was soft serve ice cream.

And Squidleybits needs to read that book before we watch Deadpool together.

In Japanese, "E" means image and "Moji" means character.
...It isn't based on "emotion"? I thought "emoji" was the cute/faux-Japanese way of saying "emoticon", "thing that expresses an emotion". Dang.

fade

Staff member
I would hazard a guess that "emotion" played into the choice of "emoji" though. I've seen enough anime to believe Japanese people a) love puns and b) mix in English a lot.

The thing that was news to me was that emoji are a standard.