The new Kanye West album is a fucking masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bad at music reviews or articulating just why I like an album. But this is so good. I don't skip any tracks on it, I can't stop listening to it, it's just awesome. All memes aside, I love this album, and I'm happy to see him bounce way back from 808s. I highly recommend it.

Dave

Staff member
It's not that I don't believe you....but I don't believe you.

Kanye and masterpiece are two words that should never be uttered in the same paragraph, let alone sentence.

J

Jiarn

And if the bible were written today, he'd be a major part of it. Didn't you hear?

Besides, he's a gay fish.

Hey.

TLB has never been more right about anything. Ever.

The only thing bad about the album is the nonsensical, contrived title.

Also 808's was amazing but that's neither here nor there

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, it's a masterpiece...if you mean an over-mastered piece of crap.

I listened to a couple tracks and do NOT see what you guys are gushing about.

Yeah, it's a masterpiece...if you mean an over-mastered piece of crap.

I listened to a couple tracks and do NOT see what you guys are gushing about.
You need to go back to your grumpy old man avatar when you say stuff like that. :p

Everyone says he's such a genius when it comes to beats and such... I'm just not a fan. It's not even like I'm just anti-Kanye and won't listen to anything he does, I just never like his music. I hear a new song on the radio and think, "Wow what is this garbage?" and then it turns out to be Kanye. :-/ My brother tried to play me some of his new album and some of it was alright, but nothing I'd ever have to hear again.
He's an idiot and I don't care for his music. :-/

Cajungal

Staff member
Glad you're enjoying it. I've never felt the urge to get into him at all, but I believe that for whatever reason you enjoy music--either intellectual or emotional--all that matters is that it does something for you.

Alternative answer: TLB I'm real happy for you and imma let you finish, but... [insert jokes here]

J

Jiarn

Good idea Cajungal!

"Hey Boehner, I'm real happy for you and imma let you finish, but your "Lady Gaga is amazing" music thread was your best sort-of-controversial music thread of all time..."

Dave

Staff member
I gave it a listen. I thought it sucked start to finish. Doesn't take that much to be considered a musical genius these days. Misogynistic, hateful lyrics surrounded by autotune and heavily processed vocals. GENIUS!

Frankly, this show me more about the duality of Charlie than a puffed-up, self-absorbed rap "artist". If this were a country song lyrics Charlie would be white knighting all over the floor.

I gave it a listen. I thought it sucked start to finish. Doesn't take that much to be considered a musical genius these days. Misogynistic, hateful lyrics surrounded by autotune and heavily processed vocals. GENIUS!

Frankly, this show me more about the duality of Charlie than a puffed-up, self-absorbed rap "artist". If this were a country song lyrics Charlie would be white knighting all over the floor.
Oh sure but when I say it, everyone's like -leave Charlie alone- all Chris Croker style :rofl:

Dave

Staff member
Oh sure but when I say it, everyone's like -leave Charlie alone- all Chris Croker style :rofl:
I don't give Charlie as much crap as you do, but I'm not above pointing out the fact that he jumps on anything that is a stretch to be called sexist or misogynistic while at the same time listening to - and glorifying - the very artists and cultures that embody these traits he derides in others. It's very hypocritical.

Dave doesn't stalk Charlie like you do, though.

To be honest, there's not a regular poster who hasn't called Charlie on his bullshit, but you seem to get some sort of pleasure with following him from post to post being just as ridiculous as he is.

I made an addendum to my previous post :p
I can see that, however, I also dont' follow anyone post to post. I simply click -funny- to most of his posts. (You'll notice when he's actively trying to be funny, I don't click anything) I also poke fun at his style of posting because he's hilarious. I've done the same to Gas and Chippy on plenty of ocassions.

Status
Not open for further replies.