[TV] The General Marvel TV/Streaming Thread

Ok so I watched iron fist. It's not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Sure, it's no Daredevil, but it's still a damn sight better than most of the crap on TV. I really like Ward, actually. He does a really good job of showing you can be a douchebag and sympathetic at the same time.
"It's no Daredevil, but at least it's no Daredevil."

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
Don't get me wrong, there were certainly annoying things. Like bad foleyed in blade sounds on Wing's katana. Danny claiming that he has mastered his emotions, while having a temper tantrum every five minutes.

As best as I can recall, The actor for Danny didn't get cast until about 2 months before shooting started. He never really got a chance to get physically ready for the role, ripped/fight choreography wise. I thought he did alright with the character aspects of it. The writing for his character could have been handled a bit better.

fade

Staff member
There's actually an in-universe explanation for Luke Cage's clothes, though. At least his jacket. It was subjected to the same experiment, and has the same qualities as his skin.

fade

Staff member
I have finished Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Daredevil season 1. I'm starting Luke Cage now.

It's a slow start so far. And that's saying something, because one of the biggest faults of the Netflix Marvel universe is the glacial pacing. And geez, they must've had this show bought and paid for before they started filming, given the sheer number of product shots and callouts in the first scene alone. Knicks, the entire NBA roster, Carhartt, Kumon...

GasBandit

Staff member
I have finished Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Daredevil season 1. I'm starting Luke Cage now.

It's a slow start so far. And that's saying something, because one of the biggest faults of the Netflix Marvel universe is the glacial pacing. And geez, they must've had this show bought and paid for before they started filming, given the sheer number of product shots and callouts in the first scene alone. Knicks, the entire NBA roster, Carhartt, Kumon...
You're watching them out of chronological order, too, which might cause some confusion. It goes DD1->JJ->DD2->LC->IF

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Whups, I don't know why I did that.
That's okay. I went on a rant today talking about how the FCC doesn't give a shit about consumers and only listen to lobbyists and conglomerates, etc. The guy responded, "I said the FTC."

Oh.

GasBandit

Staff member
How is it there are a jillion Marvel intellectual properties on Netflix, including Captain America Civil War, and yet not any of the early MCU movies? Avengers is not there, for example. Why am I paying for this again, instead of just pirating, when a 4 terabyte drive is just $120?