[TV] The General Marvel TV/Streaming Thread

I'm not even sure if she's super powered, is she? I think she's just huge and instead of being a councilwoman she was a corpse trafficker or something.

bless The Get Down, I do enjoy it, but I don't think it gets enough viewers to have any uproar[DOUBLEPOST=1475820851,1475820756][/DOUBLEPOST]
"Fuck Tim Burton and his White Supremacist ass."
wait did I post about Tim Burton in here? if so it was an honest wrong tab situation, I thought someone else brought it up in one of the general movie threads.

They're the MCU Defenders, not the comic book Defenders. The TV and movies aren't doing crossovers, so you're not going to see Doctor Strange involved.

And apparently they're only The Defenders in name only. This one is more in line with Heroes for Hire. I guess Defenders was just catchier.

EDIT: Sweet Jesus this was written horribly. That's what I get for posting on my phone in the middle of an online game.y

Last edited:
And apparently they're only The Defenders in name only. This one is mlre in line with Heroes for Hire.i guess Defenders was just catchier.
Probably. Defenders does have a nice ring to it.

Honestly, the line-up reminds me most of the Marvel Knights team. Yes, that was an actual team. They came together once to deal with the Punisher, with the team made up of Daredevil, Luke Cage, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi, and Dagger.

Probably. Defenders does have a nice ring to it.

Honestly, the line-up reminds me most of the Marvel Knights team. Yes, that was an actual team. They came together once to deal with the Punisher, with the team made up of Daredevil, Luke Cage, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi, and Dagger.
I remember that book! I bought it up until the end of the first arc. I don't think it lasted much further past that.

It's kind of unfortunate that Cloak and Dagger will be going to ABC. Not because Agents of SHIELD is bad, but ABC needs the right material for their style of show and from what little I've seen of them in the comics, Netflix would be more appropriate.

The funny thing is most of the flashbacks featuring Pop, Cottonmouth, and Mama Mabel take place in the '80s or early '90s, which was exactly when Family Matters was at its height.

I hope Pop had a decent insurance policy on his shop. That place got wrecked twice, and it'll probably happen again next season.

I would imagine Farmers insures against superhero-types, since it's run by J. Jonah Jameson Commissioner Gordon.

(Whew! Good thing he switched. Jameson would never pay out an insurance claim.)

Looks neato. I admit I know very little about the character other than the whole Mighty Whitey controversy.
Iron Fist was part of Marvel's attempt to exploit the kung fu craze of the '70s. Luke Cage was Marvel's attempt at blaxploitation at around the same time. It was only natural that the two became bros.