[Movies] The Lone Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, at least the Lone Ranger is going to be dangerous in this version... but it looks like he'll be a killer though. Of course 50's morality is a little bit long gone.

Eh, I'm getting some Wild Wild West vibes from this. Definitely not a good sign.

Also, if the movie is called The Lone Ranger, why does Tonto's actor get top billing?

Jerry: Hey Johnny, casting said your audition was great so your on for Tonto.

Johnny: Good, now about my terms...

Jerry: Hey buddy if you want some more zeros to your check thats fine with-

Johnny: No not that, how much face-paint or make-up will I be wearing?

Jerry: ....what?

Johnny: Because I won't do it unless I'm at least wearing eye-liner that would look gay on anyone else but me.

Jerry: Does it really matter?

Johnny: YOU BET YOUR ASS IT MATTERS! You think I'd star in a piece of shit like "Alice and Wonderland" or "At World's End" if it wasn't for the crazy make-up they let me wear? MY FACE MUST LOOK WEIRD!

Jerry: All-right christ, you can have as much make-up as you want!

Johnny: Good and make sure they dunk my face with white paint, I gotta reputation to make.

Jerry: Man, the shit me and Tim deal with.

Don't know about this movie, but I like the production team. I also can't help but think that they would do a phenomenal job making a movie about the Lone Ranger's great-nephew.

Britt Reid. The Green Hornet

Does that count as a spoiler? That's been public knowledge for years.

Also does "That's" count as a contraction for "That has", or is it one of those things only said in conversation? I'm only asking on a forum topic about the Lone Ranger because its 11:55, I'm caught up on my home-work, I'm drunk, and I FEEL GOOD!

Does that count as a spoiler? That's been public knowledge for years.

Also does "That's" count as a contraction for "That has", or is it one of those things only said in conversation? I'm only asking on a forum topic about the Lone Ranger because its 11:55, I'm caught up on my home-work, I'm drunk, and I FEEL GOOD!
I didn't know that stuff but then I'm not into comics or superhero stuff *hangs his geek card in shame*

And I totally don't have a problem with spoilers, so I'm just here to wish you the best with your homework and a good time!

Cajungal

Staff member
Wait a minute. You're telling me that Helena Bonham Carter is playing a woman with a pale face and wild hair? What a stretch.

Seriously, though, it doesn't look extremely terrible, but I'm just not interested.

I love that they're embracing the campiness of the original series, rather than trying to reinvent it as a serious work.

Dave

Staff member
They couldn't find a real Native American actor? He says he's like 1/64 Indian, but that's a real damned stretch.

Does it count as racist if I'm part Native American and don't really care?
No. Tonto has always been a pretty racist depiction of Native Americans. We'll see what Depp and the writers do with it, but it's a tough role to turn around.[DOUBLEPOST=1372393296][/DOUBLEPOST]
They couldn't find a real Native American actor? He says he's like 1/64 Indian, but that's a real damned stretch.
That's what bugs me about him doing this. It looks like he's trying to be funny and do an over the top interpretation of it, but I don't think it will have the right effect.

Ah, our good friend whitewashing in Hollywood.

As for the bird on the head thing, it was very common for shaman in Native American culture to wear talismans of transformation. It was commonly believed that by dressing as certain animals, one could channel their power.

Depp puts asses in the seats. There are at least ten women in my office who are going to see this movie strictly for that reason. I can see why they chose to go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.