The LEGO Movie

Dave

Staff member
Song has been stuck in my head all day. (well other then the Lonely Island chorus, that part is kind of meh)

Man, our tastes in music are so far apart it's not even funny. I thought that song was annoying as shit. The Lonely Island stuff was the only thing, in my opinion, that was worth listening to in it.

Amazing how differently people see stuff sometimes.

I would, but I have to be careful about it, because ever since my son was born my wife can be a little more aggressive then she used to be. When I make free time for myself and she has to worry about the kid, she gets angry and then passive aggressive, even though I offer her the same thing in return (she goes and does something fun, I watch the kid). It's been like that for awhile and thus why I can't even play WoW right now, let alone make movie or personal plans. :( Still, going to try tonight and see if I can make time for this weekend. Trying to avoid spoilers like the plague because supposedly the ending is pretty amazing.
I hear you Scythe. My wife is pretty much the same deal, as you probably already know. So don't feel bad. Some people say it's a phase, and should get better as the kids get older.

Man, our tastes in music are so far apart it's not even funny. I thought that song was annoying as shit. The Lonely Island stuff was the only thing, in my opinion, that was worth listening to in it. Amazing how differently people see stuff sometimes.
I grew up in the 80s listening to either rock, metal, techno, and/or pop. I love anything with a catchy beat and a decent vocal harmony.

However, I never got into hip hop or rap, and for awhile actually found some of the styling unpleasant to listen to. I grew out of that stage and now listen to various forms, some better then others, but it's still more a tolerance then a desire.

I enjoy the Lonely Island, it's just when they cut into something I am honestly enjoying, taking it over with their shtick, it's a bit more jarring.

Last edited:
So I was having a discussion about this movie recently and someone said that, even though adults are almost universally loving the movie, kids are HATING it. Don't know why and I don't know if that's confirmed, but it's interesting to consider. A movie aimed at kids that is liked much more than adults? I think that's a first.

So I was having a discussion about this movie recently and someone said that, even though adults are almost universally loving the movie, kids are HATING it. Don't know why and I don't know if that's confirmed, but it's interesting to consider. A movie aimed at kids that is liked much more than adults? I think that's a first.
I'd tend to file that under [citation needed]. If GeekDad's report is any indication, kids enjoy the movie as much as the adults do.

*shrug* my son (6) loved it and has seen it twice so...

I actually felt the side characters were pretty well done (Benny, Metalbeard, Unikitty), even though they were kind of thrown in at what felt like the half way mark.

I think a lot of it was the voice actors fit so well with the roles. I don't think Benny would have worked without the manic, yet loveable voice of Charlie Day.

My kids (8 and 4) both loved. All of my son's friends who have seen it have enjoyed it, too.

I freaking loved this movie!!! SPACESHIP! Not only on my rewatch list, but my list of dvds to buy!

The animation was really good, and I love that they straight up stuck with the lego animation style throughout the entire movie and I don't think they cheated even ONCE.

I freaking loved this movie!!! SPACESHIP! Not only on my rewatch list, but my list of dvds to buy!

The animation was really good, and I love that they straight up stuck with the lego animation style throughout the entire movie and I don't think they cheated even ONCE.
What is lego animation?

What is lego animation?
How everything was lego from the explosions, to the flames, to the water, except for when they were underwater but then it would've been a bunch of water bricks and we couldn't see anything under water and I understand completely. I AM FULL OF CHOCOLATE!

And the SMOOTHNESS of it all, that just showed the kind of dedication that has to come from madness. I also love how Benny's helmet was cracked, that was funny.

FINAL NOTE BEFORE CRASHING- I could not tell Metal beard was Nick Offerman, good on him.

There's no need to keep telling me that these kids or these kids loved it. I was wrong, okay? Christ, it was just something I heard. Obviously, the person who told me was misinformed.

There's no need to keep telling me that these kids or these kids loved it. I was wrong, okay? Christ, it was just something I heard. Obviously, the person who told me was misinformed.
No one is attacking you, they're just confirming that they liked the movie. It's praise for the film, not an attack against you.

Nick, again, I'm sorry you see part of a discussion as an attack on you personally. No one said, "DAMN NICK YOU IDIOT YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!". Instead we pointed out our own experiences with kids and the movie. I think we all understood that this was something you heard some place else and none of us are holding that against you.

This is going to get like Toy Story and really depressing if the kid grows up and the sister goes to college and a 60 year old Will Ferrell is playing with them alone in his basement while his wife has Alzheimer's

I see that that is the largest set in LEGO history.
It is a really massive set, but it is only the eleventh largest retail set by piece count. The top three are:

10189: Taj Mahal

10179: Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon

10214: Tower Bridge

It is also really tall, but there are at least three sets that are taller:

10181: Eiffel Tower

3450: Statue of Liberty

10143: Death Star II