The Internet will never satisfy its lust for Net Neutrality and Bandwidth

It won’t even come to that. The House isn’t on the same page as the Senate, last I heard. Even if they get it passed in the Senate the House will kill it.
Net Neutrality isn't in the Bible. Nor is the internet, for that matter. That will be enough for at least a handful of House members to kill it. And you can bet Fox and Friends would defend that position.

Oh good, there was a YouTube version. I so want more people to see this.
"We have chicken sandwiches."
"But I don't want a chicken sandwich!"

--Patrick

His voice makes me want to give him a wedgie and stuff him in a locker.
He's deliberately pushing his voice into a lower register and making use of vocal fry, things which speakers do when they are trying to sound convincing. But he'll never become a YouTube star if he keeps doing that.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
That's great but unless democrats take over the house by a veto-proof margin it won't matter.

Well, since they put the repeal on hold until they can pass laws that stop states from implementing their own NN laws (can't have native examples of it working better then tiered and capped internet), you might not need a veto proof margin, or this law, just enough votes to not allow Reps to pass aforementioned laws.

Man, that's going to make forum posts take longer than snail mail!
It's not the time that's the issue, it's that everything will need to be compared against a database, and the database will only spit back "approved" or "rejected," has no appeals process, and also has insufficient oversight over what gets put in the database in the first place. So if something gets rejected, there's no real way to argue it, it's just "well it's in the database so it must belong to somebody."

--Patrick

Sorry, can't help you. This is what the people voted for.
I know you’re probably referring to the Presidency, but it’s not even that. In just the Net Neutrality thing, for instance, the polling and comments showed something like 80% popular support for maintaining the current regulations, Pai just decided to blatantly ignore the public opinion and rule instead according to his interests.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I know you’re probably referring to the Presidency, but it’s not even that. In just the Net Neutrality thing, for instance, the polling and comments showed something like 80% popular support for maintaining the current regulations, Pai just decided to blatantly ignore the public opinion and rule instead according to his interests.

—Patrick
Also, Ajit Pai was an Obama appointee.

—Patrick
No, mainly I was sniping at a certain other poster who frequently says "that's what the people voted for," as an excuse for all of the completely horrific abuses of power, decency, and anything resembling humanity that are constantly being reported in the politics threads.

And I’m using it to mock the last two presidents who used “mandate” language to expand their power and control:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...4/trump-mandate-history-presidential-politics

I seem to remember a few on here defending the ACA and other Obama regime (language is fun!) decisions simply by saying, “he was elected so it’s what the people want”.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, from now on, this shit is hilarious.
When was it ever not hilarious? I started laughing when Democrats voted in republican primaries to sway the vote towards a candidate they felt couldn’t possibly win.

Also, Ajit Pai was an Obama appointee.
He was required to have two republicans on the FCC. Pai isn't some outlier, he's a traditional republican. Anti net-neutrality is the standard republican policy. Republicans are universally bad. You continue to pretend both sides are the same in the face of overwhelming evidence. Stop doing that.

And saying 'the last president did it' isn't justification for horrible policies. Each president should IMPROVE, not continue policies which aren't working of the previous administration. Instead, it's being used as a justification for stupidity and bigotry.

It's not funny, and we see through it. I know we are all better than that.

And saying 'the last president did it' isn't justification for horrible policies. Each president should IMPROVE, not continue policies which aren't working of the previous administration. Instead, it's being used as a justification for stupidity and bigotry.

It's not funny, and we see through it. I know we are all better than that.
"The last DEMOCRAT President did it." And if he didn't it's a statistical anomaly, and you're upset over nothing. Also HER EMAILS.