The "I Just Exercised" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to keep posting guys! Sorry I was gone for a few days.

I've just been jogging, lots and lots of jogging the past few days. I even ran up the canyon near my house, did a woods run just for funsies.

I'll work on posting more accurate workouts in the next few days. Keep it up!

Ran 1.5 miles yesterday. My pace was horrific. I didn't drink enough water over the weekend, I was upset over this whole friendship thing, my calf started hurting halfway through, I had the first math test of the semester on my mind (it's coming up at the end of the week) and I was having a very negative conversation with myself. I was drained by the time I was done instead of feeling the happy endorphins.

And today was a much better day! 1.72 miles in about 37 minutes. I started running distance intervals instead of timed intervals. Me likey. :D

12.2 mile run and now i'm out of energy

I should get some food but I don't know if I can drag myself to the fridge

Running day! I did 1.14 miles in 18:54 (does not include warm up and cool down time or distance). My fastest interval was 13:53 min/mi with an overall pace of 16:36 min/mi!! I made the mistake of wearing a hat today. I have thick curly/wavy hair which already holds in heat, so I started to get overheated by my second running interval. I had to walk part of my second 400 yard interval because of it. So no more wearing a hat for me!

For those who are running on here, I posit this question: I've heard it said that one should run with food in one's system, eating about a half hour before the run. Anyone have any input on this, one way or another?

Unless you're like me and it makes you barf. I usually have to run well after eating. Sucks because you hit the wall way faster but my stomach is a little bitch sometimes.

For those who are running on here, I posit this question: I've heard it said that one should run with food in one's system, eating about a half hour before the run. Anyone have any input on this, one way or another?
I always try to eat something light and carb-y about 30-45 minutes before I run/skate, and I also try to drink about half a liter of water at least an hour before so I go in adequately hydrated.

I usually went without, mostly because I'm too lazy to get up early enough to eat before running. Never noticed a difference between eating/not eating beforehand, though. I would think this generally holds true unless one is running heavy mileage.

For me, I wait an hour after eating and drinking (water) before I go running. And if you are going to eat, it should be, like HowDroll said, something light and carb-y. :)

I can't handle much food before a run.

At the weekend before my morning long run I will have a small carb-y breakfast (Currently porridge with fruit) and then I will wait for about an hour before going out. Too much food or going out too soon just doesn't sit right with me.

During the week I will run directly after work and if I eat anything at all it will be very small, a few bites at most.

Half a liter of water is a fair bit :confused:
I tend to carry some water with me for the longer runs.

Cajungal

Staff member
15 minutes of Zumba and 20 minutes of elliptical machine this morning before work. The gods of discipline rewarded my be letting me spill coffee all over my clothes and sneakers*after* getting to school. :mad: That's the last time I wake up before 5:30.

Anyway, I'm gonna repeat this evening when I get home. I'm glad I have enough energy to do it again.

Rest day today. I have had a headache since yesterday afternoon, I have homework to do (I don't understand why I'm in this math class since it feels like I am in a remedial class -btw), and there are things I need to do around the house so we can go to the beach tomorrow.

I knew the air quality was sucky today because of the weather pattern we've had lately. I decided to go running anyway. 45 seconds into my run and I started feeling my throat tighten up a bit. Figured I was just getting dry since I wasn't chewing gum. I almost always have a small piece of gum in my mouth because I get such a dry mouth when I run. Then a guy drove past in a beautiful classic Chevy truck that was blowing out bad exhaust. I should be ok once I get into cleaner air, right? No. My eyes started stinging. My nose was burning. I totally lost control of my breathing. And by this time I was only on the 1 minute mark of my second running interval. So I went home, used my inhaler, and called it a day. Now my throat's sore, I'm hacking like a cat with a giant hairball, I have post-nasal drip, and my eyes are running. At least I've got pancakes and a plan to try an indoor cardio workout later.

It's the vog -aka: volcanic emissions. Usually it's not bad here on Oahu, but this past week there have been no tradewinds and then Friday night we started a Kona wind pattern that pushes the emissions right to us. Some people aren't sensitive to it. It gives me breathing trouble and headaches even when it's not that high. It's the major reason why I don't want to visit the Big Island.

It may say beginner work0ut, but I am sweating like I just finished running. It didn't say anything about a break in between, but I took about 30 seconds to catch my breath between every 3rd or 4th exercise.

You go Wasabi!!

I went jogging today - the weather is way to perfect to pass up. Besides, in a few weeks it will be too cold to go running, so I'm getting it in while I can.

I know that feel, bro...

As for me? Back running after needing to kick myself in the ass... 3 weeks has been too long of an off-time. Still managed 2 miles in 17:02, so... not bad. Not great, but not bad.

I think I'm going to have to break down and use the treadmill or elliptical machine at the community center. The vog has been awful here. Every day the weather prediction says it's going to clear out on the following day and it doesn't. After Sunday's attempted run I haven't wanted to go out in it. But I *need* to run. :/

I have never done one (I can barely run 1 mile let alone 26.2), but I know people who have run them and then some. We have one friend in San Diego who does ultra-marathons. He did 100 miles in 24+hours. I have another friend here in Hawaii who does triathlons. She's like my unofficial coach.

First run since the vog finally cleared out. Did the timed workout.

4 minutes running, 2 minutes walking - x2
6 minute run, 3 minute walk

10 minute warm up
5 minute cool down

I don't know if the app lost the gps signal or what happened, but it had my running pace 5 min/mi slower than my walking pace and showed I only did 2 miles when I'm sure I went farther than that based on previous runs.

Went on a, nearly, 2-hour walk with Fly yesterday.

He must've been the happiest dog ever because when we got home, he wouldn't leave me alone. He just stood next to me wagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.