The "I Just Exercised" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uuuuuuuugh. Mental note to self: do not do a long (20km) bike ride soon after doing 30 minutes of intensive YRG yoga. Had to take a cab back up the hill. :(

Just looking at it makes me feel the release of my muscle tension. That is something I love about yoga. I finish and I feel about 3 inches taller.

I'm so sorry I've been slacking lately! Ugh, my diet and exercise routine got slightly de-railed over the holidays! But I'm getting back on track today, I promise!

I have been biking to work again, even though we have a car. It's not to long of a ride, 20 minutes, but on the way home if I pedal to the medal, I get a pretty good leg work out. So, at least there has been that.

Yesterday I played Kinect games for about 3 hours, which was awesome and now my arms are sore. Also, can we just laugh for a minute at how bad Kinect Star Wars is?? K, thank you! My friend and I seriously just played the dancing section of the game and laughed until we cried.

Today, though, I promise I'll post my new workout! It will happen!

Yesterday I played Kinect games for about 3 hours, which was awesome and now my arms are sore. Also, can we just laugh for a minute at how bad Kinect Star Wars is?? K, thank you! My friend and I seriously just played the dancing section of the game and laughed until we cried.
One day I am going to have to post a video of my son playing Lego Star Wars for Wii. You'd think it was supposed to be a game that you use your whole body to play!

I raaaaan! I ran so far to-daaaay! I just raaaaan and I need to tell you all abou-out it.
5 minute warm up
1.5 run & 1.5 walk
2.5 run & 2.5 walk (x2)
1.5 run & 1.5 walk (x2) - this was only supposed to be one interval set, but I decided to do two.
5 minute cool down

1.89 miles in 31 minutes with an avg. pace of 16:31 min/mi. For some reason it said my fastest speed was 11 mph which I know is bs considering I just broke 5mph last week.

I seriously did not want to work out today. At. All.

But, like a good girl, I did it anyway.

10 exercises, 50 seconds max, 10 seconds rest, repeat twice.
Squat pulse: 76, 58
Squat with weights: 24, 23
Forward lunge + bicep curl: 22, 21
10 in and outs + push up: 4, 4
10 hip pulses + 5 leg raises each leg: 2, 1.5
Jump squats: 48, 47
Step overs: 21, 22
Sandbag toe touch + push up: 5, 5.5
Bicep curl: 22, 21
Back row: 17, 18

Today my head just was not into running. My body was willing! My brain was thinking of how much nicer it would be to relax with a cup of coffee and waste time online. I went and it wasn't my best, but that isn't the point.

1.7 miles
28:31 minutes
16:46 min/mi

5 minute warm up
1.5 run/1.5 walk
2.5 run/2.5 walk (x2)
1.5 run/1.5 walk/2.5 run
5 minute cool down

This app I started using a few weeks ago also tracks my total mileage. Since I started using it on August 26, I've logged 11.82 miles.

Continuing my alternative exercise trend:
Yesterday: Broke down most of Cary's bedroom, loaded it into the car, then drove across the State.
Today: Moved furniture around, brought up and reassembled Cary's bedroom.

I call it the Dad workout.

--Patrick

Yesterday's workout was walking all around downtown. There was a gallery walk all around the city, so some friends and I made the trek.

Today's workout:
4 exercises, 50 sec. max, 10 sec. rest, 3 times through.
Lateral jump + 3 squats: 13, 13, 11
5 bucking bronco + 5 plank knee to chest jumps: 2.5, 2, 2.5
2 wide jump squats + 1 burpee: 4, 5, 5
Plank toe touches: 38, 27, 27

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend, even if it involves exercising. ;)

I will be increasing my runs to 5x a week, and have been debating parking my patrol car at the precinct and walking to and from work.

Also looking into other exercises to do after the run, but... I'll be honest... I'm too bloody lazy to get up early enough to do all that, plus a run, before I have to be into work at 0900. Yup, I'm a weenie...

So today the interval times were all increased by 30 seconds.

2 min run/2 min walk
3 min run/3 min walk (x2)
2 min run/2 min walk
Plus I ran for a bit extra after the last walking interval but I didn't time it. It was about 2 blocks though.

35 minutes total. 2.18 miles.

Cajungal

Staff member
Walked to the vegetable market for some potatoes. I've got a delicious chicken stew in the oven that's brimming with gorgeous, colorful vegetables. I also got a bag of Louisiana brown rice that will go very well with it.

So I did indeed walk, but I'd rather talk about this stew.

Ooof... let my ego get in my way whilst running this morning... never get offended when the guy with the moto-tats passes you, and try to keep up with him, unless you're actually in shape to do so.

I am not. My thighs and calves are letting me know. Vociferously. *whimper*

4 exercises, 50 seconds max, 10 rest, 3 times through.

V up abs: 22, 26, 21
1 leg squats, 5 each leg: 2, 2.5, 2
Star planks: 47, 40, 44
Inch worm: 13, 14, 14

3 minute abs:
Reverse crunches - 50 seconds: 28
Bicycle - 50 seconds: 34
Sit up w/ sandbag - 50 seconds: 19

Then a half hour of yoga.

Yay!

1.6 miles in 27:30 minutes.

5 minute warm up
3 minute run
2 minute walk
1:30 minute run
2 minute walk
Repeat all intervals
5 minute cool down

I need to do some yoga, too.

Rode a bike for 165 miles today.
...well, not really. Actually, I drove 165 miles back home from a visit, during which I set the cruise control and (alternating about once per second) pushed my right and left feet against the floor of the footwell as if simulating a steady bike ride...for 3 solid hours (not counting traffic jams, pit stops and other need-my-feet-for-other-things moments). When my thighs got tired I'd switch to hamstrings, and when they got tired I'd move to glutes. When I wanted a change I would lift my feet off the floor to see how long I could hold them suspended (a great ab workout), press my knees together, or press the edges of my feet against the sides of the footwell. Basically I tried to keep my legs active for the entire trip. Upon arriving home I was rewarded with toasty warm legs and a healthy appetite.

If this sounds too "lite" for you, I encourage you give it a shot and see for yourself. Exercise is where and when you find it.

--Patrick

BananaHands

Staff member
Been doing pretty good! Increased my bench to 135 pounds, which is still laughable, but it's an improvement from when I started and could barely do 115.

Cajungal

Staff member
Yesterday: Walked fast for 18 minutes, jogged for 10, walked again for 5 minutes. Then I went home and did 15 minutes of Zumba. Feeling good today!

Did a few minutes of vinyasa flow since it is also part of Mr. Wasabi's physical therapy this week. I didn't do the whole routine since he had already started before I got back from dropping our son off at school. Felt good nonetheless.

I don't know what was wrong with me, but I was just having a bad day yesterday, I was so cranky.

So, I went on a 'rage run'. I run until I can work out my thoughts, however long it takes me, then run home. I'm not sure how long I ran, I just know I've figured things out and feel much better today.

Also, I can see some improvement with my flexibility! Sitting on the floor, legs straight out, I can now almost touch my toes! I could barely grab my ankles when I started. :)

Hopefully I can squeeze a workout in today - Nate has today off and I normally slack when he's home, so we'll see.

BananaHands

Staff member
Hey! I went on a rage run yesterday too.

Actually went further than I thought too, but today I'm going back to the gym. Still, I need to put more cardio in my workout.

Also, dropped down to 206. My goal was 200 by October so I'd be really excited if I exceed that. :cool:

I don't know if I am going to work out today. It's supposed to be my run day, but my son's had a cold and was up at 3:30 this morning coughing his brains out. I ended up sitting up with him for about an hour so he could have some warm tea and honey to help soothe his throat. I am so tired. I really want to run, but I am drained. Hopefully a nap will help me recoup my energy.

Update: So my running bug caught up to me and I went out tonight. I did not do the interval set I should have done, but one from a few weeks back instead. I figured a lighter run was better than sitting on the couch anyway. So...

1.42 miles in 21:32 minutes
15:09 average pace

12 exercises, 50 seconds max, 10 seconds rest. I only did this once through...I wanted to do it twice, but..that just didn't happen.

Jump squats: 36
Lateral jump: 49
5 high knees, to the ground + tuck jump: 7
Push up core rotation + burpee: 4
2 side jumps, 2 squat jumps: 10
Commando up and down, 2 kick outs: 6
V abs roll left and right: 18
Super man abs: 16
5 high knees, 5 jump lunges: 5
2 dive bombers + chicken jump: 4
Surfer kick outs, 2 jump tucks: 3
2 push ups, 5 mtn. climbers: 4

Ab bonus, 50 seconds max, 10 rest
V ab roll left to right: 23
Superman abs: 20
V ab roll left to right: 20

I did Ab-ripper X yesterday. Got through 90% of it, but I cannot do the V-up/Roll-up exercise. I can get the V part, but I can barely do the roll up (which is like an old fashioned sit up with straight legs) after doing several sets of other ab exercises.
Today I'm going to try some other form of cardio instead of running. Two weeks ago, when I was helping Noah learn to ride his bike without training wheels, I hurt my ankle or pulled something in my calf while running and pushing him on the bike. I've been pushing myself to keep up my running program, but my leg isn't getting better (or worse thankfully). Of course that is why I'm running slower and slowing down has put a damper on my motivation. So I'm going to see if switching to a different exercise for a few days helps me get my mojo back.

Haven't been updating lately as I've been busy with school and been so tired by the end of the day to exercise. Tonight?

40 minutes of YRG strength builder, baby. BANG!

Additionally - and I apologize if I've mentioned this before - in downward facing dog, I can almost get my feet flat on the mat. My right foot is there if I push it or if I'm in a one-legged downward dog. My left foot's still got some work to do. But yeah, overall? I'm starting to feel my heels touch the mat.

Status
Not open for further replies.