The "I Just Exercised" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dragged the whole family out for a walk/run. I've gotten sick of my husband whining about how he's gaining weight and his back hurts, yet all he does is sit around the house playing on his laptop all day and stuffing his face full of fast food when he is at work. So I went into drill sergeant mode and told him he needed to move because sitting on his ass wasn't going to get him in shape or help him get better any faster. While we were out, I was walking ahead of him and our kids so I called out "C'mon slow pokes!" and then I remembered something. When he was the PT coordinator for his command, there was a guy who couldn't/wouldn't run, was overweight, and always whined about having to exercise. Mr. Wasabi nicknamed him "The Shuffler". So the kids started running to keep up with me and I started running just for kicks. I looked over my shoulder at Mr. Wasabi who was barely exerting himself and yelled, "Hey! Are you trying to be The Shuffler?" He sped up. I told the kids he was a zombie that was going to eat us. That got everyone moving! LOL

20 minutes of Yoga X this morning. Would have done more, but I didn't eat enough breakfast and had too much coffee so my energy sputtered out quickly while doing sun salutations. Going to do my own walk/run later on.

Cajungal

Staff member
15 minutes on the elliptical, then I started coughing again, but it's something. Then I did some core exercises and a some stretching. I think by tomorrow I'll be able to exercise normally.

I dragged the whole family out for a walk/run. I've gotten sick of my husband whining about how he's gaining weight and his back hurts, yet all he does is sit around the house playing on his laptop all day and stuffing his face full of fast food when he is at work. So I went into drill sergeant mode and told him he needed to move because sitting on his ass wasn't going to get him in shape or help him get better any faster. While we were out, I was walking ahead of him and our kids so I called out "C'mon slow pokes!" and then I remembered something. When he was the PT coordinator for his command, there was a guy who couldn't/wouldn't run, was overweight, and always whined about having to exercise. Mr. Wasabi nicknamed him "The Shuffler". So the kids started running to keep up with me and I started running just for kicks. I looked over my shoulder at Mr. Wasabi who was barely exerting himself and yelled, "Hey! Are you trying to be The Shuffler?" He sped up. I told the kids he was a zombie that was going to eat us. That got everyone moving! LOL

Tell your husband that erraday he's shufflin'.

Sorry, I've totally been exercising, just not posting it. Just know that the past week I have been working out. Today was a personal trainer day, it was all legs, I'm so sore. So yeah, I'm back in the game peeps.

Today was back to my own run/walk intervals. I did 1.7 miles doing 4 minutes walking and 1 minute running in about 30 minutes including walking up a pretty steep hill. I decided to start slow since it's been a while and because of my shin. Sure enough the muscle started to complain. It didn't hurt, but I could feel it. I was happy with how I felt cardio-wise though.

GO ME!

BananaHands

Staff member
YEAH. Been exercising again. Getting back on the horse is rough.

I just need to force myself to start doing the MyFitnessPal thing again, but it's such a pain when it comes to drinking. Guilt city.

Cajungal

Staff member
Okey doke. First day without painful coughing fits in a week, so I'mback in the game! I started out with 15 minutes of Zumba. That left me huffing and puffing... and coughing. So I slowed it down with 25 minutes on the elliptical machine. I'm about to do 30 more on high resistance, 3.5 or faster. :)

I was reminded today how much I hate using a stationary bike. It's so dull. But it's been pouring rain and I didn't feel like walking/running on the road because people drive like idiots when the roads are wet. So I got my butt (and the rest of me) off to the gym. 25 minutes on the bike for a total of 5 miles.

You go Wasabi!!

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm seriously just to lazy to post what I've been doing, but I did exercise today! Woot!

Cajungal

Staff member
I haven't gone swimming since before the Christmas break. The guilt! The shame!
3 our fathers, 3 hail marys, and 50 laps.

Myself, I did Zumba... Only about 10 minutes because of coughing... But then I finished up with 25 minutes on the elliptical on 3.7. Followed by a healthy breakfast. ^_^

Ended up going for a run instead of playing with the fitness balls. 1.45 miles with the worst pace I have ever recorded, but my shin isn't bothering me. I needed to get out of my house before I strangled someone.

This past week has not been good for me. I've been struggling with a really bad bout of depression.

Just now, though, I did the 40 min. YRG Strength Builder. And man, do I ever feel better. Everyone with me, now. Nice and loud:

BANG!!

You go Nick! My therapist insists that the dopamine, serotonin and endorphins produced by exercise are better than any pill out there for depression and anxiety. So double good for you! :D

Cajungal

Staff member
30 minute walk and 25 minute vinyasa session. Woke up feeling great. I am feeling good about my weigh-in... About 2.5 weeks to go!

[user] General Specific[/user] and I joined a gym recently. It wasn't because of the new year or resolutions to be kept. Rather, it's due to the fact that I have arthritis in my back and neck, which has been giving me hell, as well as the superpower to hurt my back by lifting as little as 5 pounds of books the wrong way. Losing weight and working out my muscles will help the circulation and build up strength in my back. The General agreed to workout as long as he has a partner there. Although, I must say that I could hardly get through a yoga routine while laughing at his sound effects. He does a wicked airplane and tugboat.

I couldn't take it anymore, I went running.

It's 24 degrees, but I went running. And it was a beautiful mistake. I haven't been since Oct (I think), but it felt so good. I made it through my regular route and only stopped to walk once - and only for half a block.

Surprisingly, the cold wasn't to terrible. It didn't hurt my lungs as much as I thought it would, but legs went numb so fast and stayed that way.

I meet with the personal trainer tomorrow, so I probably won't go running again...for a little while. Hopefully, the groundhogs predictions ring true and it begins to get warmer.

Cajungal

Staff member
I went for a jog and I jogged for FIFTEEN MINUTES STRAIGHT WITHOUT STOPPING! New personal best! I was out for a total of 40 minutes, half jogging, half walking rilly rilly fast. Then I did 20 minutes of yoga. ^_^ Feelin' good.

Went for a walk yesterday with Lily in the jogging stroller. 2 miles at cardio pace. Little did I know the tires on the stroller were flat. My shoulders and chest are so sore.

Status
Not open for further replies.