The "I Just Exercised" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 stability ball crunches
several flutterkicks (I didn't keep count because my husband was explaining how to do them properly)
30 wall squats
30 push ups
30 calf raises on the stairs

I might do a costumed 5k fun run/walk/ride/skip-to-my-lou next weekend. A friend told me about it today, but I haven't been able to find any information about it.

Jogging!! Yay!

I did try, this time, to really notice what my body was doing while running and to keep a good form. If that makes any sense. No randomly flailing about anymore. :)

Jogging!! Yay!

I did try, this time, to really notice what my body was doing while running and to keep a good form. If that makes any sense. No randomly flailing about anymore. :)
Makes perfect sense to me. In the past I have hurt my knees because I didn't think about form at all. Now I while I'm running I have this kind of checklist in my head to keep from making past mistakes.

Cajungal

Staff member
Been doing nothing but elliptical this week, because I was sick. I couldn't stand to just do nothing, but the elliptical doesn't make me cough or feel dizzy like jogging or zumba. It's something, at least. About 180 minutes total this week on very high resistance.

The company I work for now offers a personal trainer, for free, for employees!

I'm kind of excited/nervous to check it out! So...I may be doing that now, wooo! Updates to come. :)

I have had the next best thing to pneumonia for a week and a half now, so no exercise thus far... I'm hoping by the end of this week I should be over it... I hope... dammit, all the conditioning I'd built up is slipping away...

Oh ye of little faith. Your conditioning will stay with you for a while. I didn't run (or much of anything else) for two months because I had hurt my foot. When I went back to it my time was about the same as when I stopped. And I know you're in better physical condition than I am to begin with, Devil Dog. So get over this thing and then get back on the exercise pain train -and I mean that in a good way- with the rest of us.

Gym or road run? Decisions decisions.

Treadmill at the gym was the winner since I didn't feel like dealing with the pleasant weather. I did 30 minutes and somewhere around 2 miles. Eventually I'm going to learn how to work this newfangled touch screen thing on the treadmill so I don't delete my stats or stop my workout before I'm done.

I did hear back from the personal trainer! And, as I thought, a bunch of people were also interested, so they said if we don't a session before they go on vaction, we'll get together after they return. So, either this next week, or after Nov. 11th. Eee, I can't wait!!

Decided on the treadmill this afternoon. I did just over 3K, running half a kilometer and walking the other half, for 32 minutes. I would have stayed longer, but it was getting late and I had to get home to start dinner.

And I just figured out that it means I have gone from running about 1/4 of a mile nonstop to running close to 1/3 of a mile non-stop. WOOT!

So since I'm trying to gain some strength and not do anything that will make me re-injure my leg (like the walk I ended up taking yesterday because I was lost looking for the new salon I was trying out), this is what I did today. I used a 50 oz water bottle with a handle in the place of weights.

waterbottle.jpg

(When I did the full-sized image it was way too big!)

*clears throat to get your attention*

One hour and ten minutes, non-stop, YRG. I am sore and exhausted now, but goddamn did it feel good to kick this program's ass. Take that Black Diamond Dozen.

BANG!

I feel like I'm destined to never meet the personal trainer. She emailed yesterday morning saying she was out sick and would have to cancel her appointments for that day, which included mine. So, yet again, no personal trainer.

Yesterday was so frustrating though, a rage run suited me just fine. It's definitely to cold to go running, but I felt SO much better afterwards that I was glad I went.

GUYS!! It has happened. For real. I finally met the personal trainer! And she's so nice and friendly, which made it less scary for me.

We just did a fitness test today, to gauge where I'm at; We did squat jacks, lunges, burpees, moutain climbers, push-ups, sit-ups and..a few others I forget. But I was very pleased, she didn't need to correct my form at all and told me that I was doing well! So, yay! It is so on now.

2nd meeting with the personal trainer tomorrow!! I imagine we'll do an actual work out this time instead of just a fitness test. I'm so excited! I'm actually looking forward to being sore.

I'll probably try to squeeze in an interval work-out today and will update with that later. :)

Met with the personal trainer today and...it didn't really go well.

I don't know what was wrong with me, but a half hour into the workout I got light-headed and couldn't continue. I felt so silly and embarrassed. That has never happened to me before so I'm not sure what was wrong with me. Boo-hiss.

She told me it was fine and not to worry, but I felt like I let her down and myself.

I'm 'required' to do the work out twice more before we meet next tuesday, so hopefully I can turn things around by then. :(

Same ting happened to me last week LittleKagsin , I've started going with my girl to the gym but the second time I did I got all light-headed after half an hour and had to stop. Felt pretty silly.

All you can do is keep on tryin'. :)

Sweet little Randee asked that I reschedule our appointment for today....SO! If it happens, I will update you guys and let you know how I'm doing...:)

BananaHands

Staff member
Getting back in the swing of things. Went yesterday and did shoulders, going today and pumpin' the ol' chest. Gotta get back on the four-five days a week.

Last month has been a bit lazy of me. I've still been going about two times a week, but I've definitely been prone to more snacking/drinking than usual.

Woo, second meeting with Randee and I actually did all of it! I'm quite excited about that. No light-headedness or sickness. I feel so happy having finally completed a workout. And I can't wait to do more.

I'll hop back on the wagon with you BananaHands! *brofist*

What's a great way to kick off the new year?

How about the 54-minute YRG Diamond Cutter workout?

BANG!

I'm going to start writing my workouts out on a calendar to keep track of how often I'm exercising. Thinking I should include my walks to and from work, since it's about 1.4 KM one way.

Started going to a kickboxing gym - mostly bagwork and cardio exercises as it's focused more around personal fitness than fighting (though they also offer those classes, just less often). Going once a week for now, but they're opening another branch that's literally a couple blocks from me in late January, so I may actually get a membership then instead of paying per session now.

Status
Not open for further replies.