The "I Just Exercised" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually haven't tried any of your workouts Doc, but they look very challenging in an awesome kind of way.

If I didn't already have a group that came up with exercises for me - I would definately do yours!

Sorry, that's as much feedback as you'll get from me when I'm still sleepy. Regardless, I like that you post them! I feel like we're workout buddies, cause you post your workout, I like it, then I post my workout and you like it. So now, I must workout so that I can get that 'like'! :)

Ugh....I just realized I didn't post my workout for yesterday...phooey. Will do yesterdays and today's later.

I know it's not a ton but yesterday I did 30 minutes of fairly intensive cardio (15 degree incline at 6mph) followed by 20 minutes of stretching.

I was doing weight lifting instead of the stretching in the past but I have noticed that I have almost no flexibility and when I do stretch it usually hurts a bit while I am doing them. I am not sure if it is caused by my sciatica or if my sciatica is because of my poor flexibility. Although my sciatica hasn't really been acting up to much it still hurts to move in certain positions so I figured I would benefit more from stretching than I would from weight lifting. Part of the reason I want to get more flexible is partly because I hope it will help my overall health and well being and the other reason is because I would like to take some form of self defense course (MMA, karate, or something like that) in the near future and I am fairly certain I am nowhere near flexible enough to perform most of what I would need to (at least not without hurting myself)

Honestly, Docseverin , I'm hoping to show your posts to Mr. Wasabi when he's able to start working out again. Tripler is starting to annoy us both, btw.

Also - Ran 29 minutes, 1.80mi, with run pace of 14:04 min/mi and a walking pace of 16:47 min/mi. I just hit a total of 23.7 miles with my fastest mile being 15:26. I feel like someone poured a bucket over my head because I am so sweaty and I love it!

Sorry friends, the weakness I was feeling the other day has taken a turn for the worst. I'm not able to get around so well without feeling faint, so no exercising today. I feel so bad!

I just wanted to give you all a little encouragement and to tell you I'm cheering for each of you! Keep up all of the good work.

Cajungal

Staff member
Take care of yourself; that's rule #1! Get well. :)

I did an hour of cardio and am eating steamed veggies, rice, and tofu for dinner.

I can't believe how much of a difference sleep can make! I slept yesterday from about 12:30 to 4:30, then putted around the house until 6:45 when I went in and out of sleep until 8:30. And then I went to bed at 9:30. But guess what! I feel SO much better today! My eyes can now look at sunlight (I've been having eye problems for a couple of weeks now.) I can actually use my nose (I haven't been able to smell very well in..months.)

So, I promise you my friends, I will exercise later today! Hoo-ha!

I hate stretching in the morning.

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

But I did it.

Ohh, sad! I LOVE stretching, it feels sooo good. Mmm, so good.

I'm so proud that you did do it though. :)

BananaHands

Staff member
Ohh, sad! I LOVE stretching, it feels sooo good. Mmm, so good.

I'm so proud that you did do it though. :)
I like stretching before going to the gym, but figured I should do it in the morning as well to help wake up... but yeeeesh, any flexibility I thought I had is gone when I wake up.

Thought it would be fun to go for a short run with the kids (Noah on his scooter, Lily in the jogging stroller) tonight after dinner. Big mistake. They both kept talking to me about anything and everything so I couldn't listen to music. Noah kept stopping to look at things. He also has a slight cold so he needed to stop to blow his nose a couple of times. Now my knees hurt because I didn't get a good warm up plus all the stop and go. I didn't plan on going far or fast, so I don't care that I didn't even go 1 mile in nearly 18 minutes. However, it was not as enjoyable as usual. I feel annoyed and my knees are aching so bad that I think I'm going to have to take Motrin before bed. ARGH

Cajungal

Staff member
Walked to the post office and the grocery store. :) The best exercise involves killing many birds with one stone.

Tried doing some single leg squats; looks like I've got some work to do on my left leg. Not entirely surprised, since I wrenched my left ankle something fierce a while back and never did any physical therapy for it, but it was still a bit of a shock when I almost collapsed to the floor. Also, pulled a muscle trying to keep my opposite leg relatively parallel to the floor through the entire range of motion. That part was a lot harder than I expected.

Alrighty!

So yesterday's workout: Went trail riding with my bike. And had the best time, I'm so lucky to live where I do. :)

And today: Interval training plus an ab bonus
4 exercises, 2 rounds of 6 minutes max effort, 1 minute break.
6 back lunge leg lifts: 1st round - 4, 2nd round - 5
6 star jumps: 1st round - 4, 2nd round 4(+15)
6 push ups w/ leg raise: 1st round - 4, 2nd round - 4
6 knee ups (reverse crunches): 1st round - 3, 2nd round - 4

And ab bonus - these were all done with slippery paper underneath my feet so they could slide on the floor in correlation with the exercises:
1 round, 50 seconds max effort, 10 second 'rest' - hold in plank
Straight up abs: 20
Knees to elbows: 16
Straight up abs - knees bent: 20
Around the world abs: 12

I mowed the lawn today in one go without stopping except to empty the bag whenever it filled up. It took about an hour. I'm calling that my workout for today.

--Patrick

I started using a different app for running. I like it because the routine is different, but it doesn't keep track of distance or pace. So tonight I did 28 minutes of walking/running. I figured out, based on my previous times, that I ran close to half a mile. :) Altogether I probably did close to two miles.

We had the first actually nice, sunny day for the first time in a week today. So I went biking:

http://goo.gl/maps/fvQvL

18.8 KM (about 11 miles) one way, making it a total of just shy of 40 KM (24 miles).

Now, if you all will excuse me...

*thud*
*passes out*

Monday! Let's do some endurance, speed and agility cardio!
2 rounds of the Illinois Speed and Agility test
3 rounds max effort:
300m Shuttle run
25m Resistance run (partner assisted, but if you don't have a partner tie theraband around your ankles/thighs)*
Tire flip/jumps (Flip tire, jump in, jump out, jump in, jump out, flip tire etc....)*

* Time the 300m shuttle and the time it takes you to complete that is the time you do the other exercises for.

BananaHands

Staff member
Oh, hey Monday.
Went to the gym and did some benching and other chest exercises (my bench is slowly creeping up there, but still laughable. :confused: )
After the gym decided, hey, why the hell not, and ran approximately a mile outside.

PX90 yoga! Well, I got through 30 minutes of it before I felt like I was going to go face first into my mat if I had to do one more plank. My arms are shaking so bad I can barely type.

6 exercises, 30 seconds max. effort, 10 seconds jog in place - 3 rounds.
Jumping Jacks: 27, 34, 35
High Knees w/ oblique twist: 64, 75, 73
Shuffle Run w/squat: 21, 22, 22
High Heels (Butt Kick): 71, 69, 70
Squat Floor Touch: 23, 24, 24
Mountain Climbers: 58, 54, 57

You guys are such champions.

6 exercises, 30 seconds max. effort, 10 seconds jog in place - 3 rounds.
Jumping Jacks: 27, 34, 35
High Knees w/ oblique twist: 64, 75, 73
Shuffle Run w/squat: 21, 22, 22
High Heels (Butt Kick): 71, 69, 70
Squat Floor Touch: 23, 24, 24
Mountain Climbers: 58, 54, 57

You guys are such champions.

Is that you in the .gif Kags?

Tuesday = Gym day
1 rep max day. Take the following exercises and add weight until you hit your 1 rep max
Bench press: 215lbs
Squat: 295lbs
Deadlift: 235lbs
Seated row: 265lbs
Clean and press: 115lbs

looking forward to improving these.

Cajungal

Staff member
Tuesday = Gym day
1 rep max day. Take the following exercises and add weight until you hit your 1 rep max
Bench press: 215lbs
Squat: 295lbs
Deadlift: 235lbs
Seated row: 265lbs
Clean and press: 115lbs

looking forward to improving these.
Jeebus. I need a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.