[Question] The "Hey! ____________ is missing from the boards!" Thread

Dave

Staff member
So now that we're up and stable again, what thing that we had before is now missing that I have to fix?

Still have the ratings thermometer beneath everyone's name
Names don't show the status update field
Oh, and round reputation buttons.

--Patrick

I think at some point @GasBandit changed the Alert tab's blue colors to be a bit more contrasting between read and unread alerts. It's back to being almost the same, on the default theme at least (I've never tried the others).

-> Emrys
-> Calleja
-> CajunGal
-> ZenMonkey
-> JCM
-> Vytamindi
-> SeraRelm
-> ....What do you mean, this isn't a thread about that? :p

That @$^*&%#! 2-step authorization wouldn't work on my phone all morning. I'd put in the number from the email, it would say, "Oops! Something went wrong!" and send me another email with another code.
ALL. MORNING.

GasBandit

Staff member
That @$^*&%#! 2-step authorization wouldn't work on my phone all morning. I'd put in the number from the email, it would say, "Oops! Something went wrong!" and send me another email with another code.
ALL. MORNING.
It should no longer require 2FA to log in.

Ok, fresh alert notifications should now stand markedly out from old ones in XenBlue and its child styles.
Yeah the quotes are finally back to not being garish blue boxes again.

I don't know what changes were made to do this, but when I make a post, hit the "New Posts" button to go back to the main page, and then realize I forgot to add something and hit the "Back" button, it takes me back to the page where I posted, but I have to refresh it in order to see the post I just made. I don't know what changed, but before the wipe I was able to hit "Back" and my post would still be there without needing to be refreshed.

--Patrick

Maybe I'm being an idiot, but all the specialized forums (Media Madness, Games & More, etc.) are gone. I could swear they were there yesterday, though...

Edit: Never mind, just saw in the other thread what happened. It had just defaulted to not showing them for whatever reason. Back now. Yay!

Maybe I'm being an idiot, but all the specialized forums (Media Madness, Games & More, etc.) are gone. I could swear they were there yesterday, though...

Edit: Never mind, just saw in the other thread what happened. It had just defaulted to not showing them for whatever reason. Back now. Yay!
One of our fearless admins should probably change it so that the subforums are visible by default, because otherwise new people might come here and think we only have the General forum.