The Generations Thread

Zappit

Staff member
This thread is for all CHUG lines. Post photos, news, and any other things you want to discuss about the main lines.

Does that mean everything that falls under Generations over the past years or just the current War for Cybertron line?

Zappit

Staff member
Generations includes all the non-movie main lines from around 2006-ish to the present day.

The War for Cybertron trilogy is part of that.

The generations line was what brought me back to transformers. I bought most of the first few waves with the excuse that they would be for the kids to play with. That hasn't happened.

Zappit

Staff member
I had picked up the odd Universe figure here and there, but started going all-in on Combiner Wars. I ended up with Superion, Bruticus, Defensor, Devastator, and Optimus Maximus. I bought upgrade kits for most of them, too. I’ve been collecting heavily ever since.

At the time Combiner Wars came out I was unemployed and didn't have the money to buy the figures. Finding Generations toys here in Germany is hard anyway and they are ridiculus expensive.

Now that I have a good job and money I buy figures again.

These three hanging out in my office desk at work right now
IMG_20200423_070639005.jpg

I’m really thinking about selling most of my Generations and just keeping a few that I like and my Masterpiece figures. I havent bought anything in a long time due to $$ so maybe its time to pare down. I have most of Combiner Wars and Titans I think, after that i kinda stopped.

War for Cybertron is an awesome line and got me back into buying figures.
IMG_20200425_105720742.jpg

This is actually the first Optimus I ever owned. I never found one as kid and the Primes that came over the years never interested me. Well maybe Primes' Prime. The Beast Hunters Optimus looked good but became expensive fast ( and I was stupid and not fast enough to pick one up). Anyway, this time I knew I had to get him and I'm super happy with this G1 looking guy.

And than Hasbro released the Earthrise version. Oh well.

Zappit

Staff member
I love upgrade kits, especially when they make a significant difference. Normally, Combiner Wars Defensor looks like this - squat and a bit dopey.
29948B08-0791-4954-996D-2D249EEFCFE0.jpeg

This is mine, with the C+ Customs kit. It was the most expensive upgrade kit I’ve ever gotten, but I think it was worth it.

589CA4ED-3186-4C58-8879-BB3A6C859178.jpeg

He looks so much better. It was quite a project too. I had to disassemble Hot Spot and install new parts. The basic leg ratchets that come standard can’t handle the extra weight from the combiner pieces. Now the stands like a champ.

Any thoughts on the upcoming figures? I don't think I will get all of them but Trailbreaker and Sunstreaker will be an instant buy for me. Not sure about Smokescreen yet. I already have Siege Smokescreen. I will also buy Arcee. Yes, even if she is riding part of her alt mode as a "hoverboard".

Oh, Runamuck, too. There are not many deluxe Decepticons in WFC and he looks really interesting.

Zappit

Staff member
I am watching this listing like a hawk.

They’re going to be doing the Conehead Seekers, too.

And did someone say “dead Optimus Prime?”

Seriously, this is a thing you can buy, and I tracked down a preorder link.

Zappit

Staff member
Argh! The Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp figures are a two pack Target exclusive. They went on sale last night at 1:45AM, and were gone in less than a minute.

Really hoping they restock, because I won’t miss out on getting the main three jet Seekers.

The Seeker two Pack is one I will probably never get. No Target in Germany and it's unlikely that it will be released over here anywhere else.

Zappit

Staff member
The Seeker two Pack is one I will probably never get. No Target in Germany and it's unlikely that it will be released over here anywhere else.
And you’re in Germany? I’ll see if I can wrangle up an extra when (and if) I get my hands on them.

And you’re in Germany? I’ll see if I can wrangle up an extra when (and if) I get my hands on them.
Thanks for the offer, that would be nice.

Edit: As long as it is not too much of a hassle for you. How much do they cost anyway?

Last edited:
I saw that a german online store I ordered from before has the decepticon clones for preorder. So I did a bit of research and found out that some online stores here in Europe also sell the exclusive toys. Found two from the Netherlands and one from the UK. The UK store Kablow Toys ships to Germany. The prices are good, even cheaper than ordering locally and the shipping rate is low ( £9,75). The seeker two pack is sold out right now but maybe I'm lucky enough to get a notification and fast enough to preorder.

Zappit

Staff member
Still waiting for a Seeker restock over here.

I got the clones from the first run. They’re okay.

Zappit

Staff member
News -

New Generation Selects Rotorstorm, Tiger Tracks, and Centurion Drone up for preorders at Hasbro Pulse. The Centurion, a repaint of Brunt, comes with a special accessories box with pieces for multiple figures.

This is also the first time Tiger Tracks, a repaint of Sideswipe, is being released outside of Japan. Rotorstorm is a repaint of Spinister. Perhaps a 3rd party company will make a replacement head, because it’s the perfect figure for that repaint.

Not sure if I will get these figures. At least not all of them. The Centurion Drone is on my list however. And maybe Rotorstorm.

Zappit

Staff member
Just got really lucky. Had a restock alert on the Seekers, and got one just before they sold out again. I’ll keep an eye out for another set for @chris and see if I get lucky twice.

Got myself something.
IMG_20200704_150457396.jpg

Man, if I had a girlfriend she would be mad.
Unless, of course, she'd like Transformers too.
Btw, Jetfire was on a discount, so I didn't paid much.

Zappit

Staff member
Oh, that’s a very, very good figure, @chris

I’m waffling right now on “Alternate Universe” Prime right now. I preordered it, but it’s a dead Optimus figure. It’s the Earthrise figure with a different head and paint job. And he’s a robot corpse. I’m...feeling like I don’t really want that.

I have also mixed feelings about "Alternate" Optimus. Earthrise Optimus Prime is a good figure (I haven't bought him yet) but he they call him "Alternate Universe" Optimus as much as they want but a will still be a corpse. I'm not sure what the play pattern is suppose to be. Play with him like he is a zombie? Or "Weekend at Bernies" style?
Why not make a true alternate version of Optimus and make a Shattered Glass one?

So, is it just Zappit & Chris that are allowed to post here? Because I may have just picked myself up someone whose figure is almost as magnificent as he is...

IMG_0274.JPGIMG_0282.JPG

Some pics of Jetfire / Skyfire. Man, this figure is great.
IMG_20200708_182207937.jpg

IMG_20200708_182743952.jpg

IMG_20200708_182904798.jpg

"It seems the time has come for me to change from science to war."