Export thread

The Generations Thread

Zappit

Zappit

This thread is for all CHUG lines. Post photos, news, and any other things you want to discuss about the main lines.

chris

chris

Does that mean everything that falls under Generations over the past years or just the current War for Cybertron line?

Zappit

Zappit

Generations includes all the non-movie main lines from around 2006-ish to the present day.

The War for Cybertron trilogy is part of that.

Zappit

Zappit

Speaking of War for Cybertron, I just got this figure today.

3679F2DA-6427-4BCA-A6FD-9FBFEC9312F5.png

grub

grub

The generations line was what brought me back to transformers. I bought most of the first few waves with the excuse that they would be for the kids to play with. That hasn't happened.

Zappit

Zappit

I had picked up the odd Universe figure here and there, but started going all-in on Combiner Wars. I ended up with Superion, Bruticus, Defensor, Devastator, and Optimus Maximus. I bought upgrade kits for most of them, too. I’ve been collecting heavily ever since.

chris

chris

At the time Combiner Wars came out I was unemployed and didn't have the money to buy the figures. Finding Generations toys here in Germany is hard anyway and they are ridiculus expensive.

Now that I have a good job and money I buy figures again.

These three hanging out in my office desk at work right now
IMG_20200423_070639005.jpg

BErt

BErt

I’m really thinking about selling most of my Generations and just keeping a few that I like and my Masterpiece figures. I havent bought anything in a long time due to $$ so maybe its time to pare down. I have most of Combiner Wars and Titans I think, after that i kinda stopped.

chris

chris

War for Cybertron is an awesome line and got me back into buying figures.
IMG_20200425_105720742.jpg

This is actually the first Optimus I ever owned. I never found one as kid and the Primes that came over the years never interested me. Well maybe Primes' Prime. The Beast Hunters Optimus looked good but became expensive fast ( and I was stupid and not fast enough to pick one up). Anyway, this time I knew I had to get him and I'm super happy with this G1 looking guy.

And than Hasbro released the Earthrise version. Oh well.

Zappit

Zappit

I love upgrade kits, especially when they make a significant difference. Normally, Combiner Wars Defensor looks like this - squat and a bit dopey.
29948B08-0791-4954-996D-2D249EEFCFE0.jpeg

This is mine, with the C+ Customs kit. It was the most expensive upgrade kit I’ve ever gotten, but I think it was worth it.

589CA4ED-3186-4C58-8879-BB3A6C859178.jpeg

He looks so much better. It was quite a project too. I had to disassemble Hot Spot and install new parts. The basic leg ratchets that come standard can’t handle the extra weight from the combiner pieces. Now the stands like a champ.

chris

chris

Not much happening here. Let's change that.
IMG_20200425_110050060.jpg

IMG_20200425_110825383.jpg

IMG_20200425_110731002.jpg

IMG_20200425_110944524.jpg

Zappit

Zappit

I just completed my Seacons set. I’ve gotta get some pics of those up here.

Zappit

Zappit

16A399C8-6299-4CD3-942D-68B57964BB69.png

chris

chris

I was a little bit irresponsible with my money.

IMG_20200613_141304403.jpg

Zappit

Zappit

That’s a very good Magnus, though.

chris

chris

Oh that's for sure. I really like the figure. He is a massive guy.

chris

chris

Any thoughts on the upcoming figures? I don't think I will get all of them but Trailbreaker and Sunstreaker will be an instant buy for me. Not sure about Smokescreen yet. I already have Siege Smokescreen. I will also buy Arcee. Yes, even if she is riding part of her alt mode as a "hoverboard".

Oh, Runamuck, too. There are not many deluxe Decepticons in WFC and he looks really interesting.

Zappit

Zappit

I am watching this listing like a hawk.

They’re going to be doing the Conehead Seekers, too.

And did someone say “dead Optimus Prime?”

Seriously, this is a thing you can buy, and I tracked down a preorder link.

Zappit

Zappit

Argh! The Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp figures are a two pack Target exclusive. They went on sale last night at 1:45AM, and were gone in less than a minute.

Really hoping they restock, because I won’t miss out on getting the main three jet Seekers.

chris

chris

The Seeker two Pack is one I will probably never get. No Target in Germany and it's unlikely that it will be released over here anywhere else.

Zappit

Zappit

I’m looking at it like the Rainmakers. They were scarce at first, then heavily restocked.

Zappit

Zappit

The Seeker two Pack is one I will probably never get. No Target in Germany and it's unlikely that it will be released over here anywhere else.
And you’re in Germany? I’ll see if I can wrangle up an extra when (and if) I get my hands on them.

chris

chris

And you’re in Germany? I’ll see if I can wrangle up an extra when (and if) I get my hands on them.
Thanks for the offer, that would be nice.

Edit: As long as it is not too much of a hassle for you. How much do they cost anyway?

Zappit

Zappit

Thanks for the offer, that would be nice.

Edit: As long as it is not too much of a hassle for you. How much do they cost anyway?
$60

chris

chris

That's not a bad price for two Voyager class figures.

chris

chris

I saw that a german online store I ordered from before has the decepticon clones for preorder. So I did a bit of research and found out that some online stores here in Europe also sell the exclusive toys. Found two from the Netherlands and one from the UK. The UK store Kablow Toys ships to Germany. The prices are good, even cheaper than ordering locally and the shipping rate is low ( £9,75). The seeker two pack is sold out right now but maybe I'm lucky enough to get a notification and fast enough to preorder.

Zappit

Zappit

Still waiting for a Seeker restock over here.

I got the clones from the first run. They’re okay.

Zappit

Zappit

News -

New Generation Selects Rotorstorm, Tiger Tracks, and Centurion Drone up for preorders at Hasbro Pulse. The Centurion, a repaint of Brunt, comes with a special accessories box with pieces for multiple figures.

This is also the first time Tiger Tracks, a repaint of Sideswipe, is being released outside of Japan. Rotorstorm is a repaint of Spinister. Perhaps a 3rd party company will make a replacement head, because it’s the perfect figure for that repaint.

chris

chris

Not sure if I will get these figures. At least not all of them. The Centurion Drone is on my list however. And maybe Rotorstorm.

Zappit

Zappit

Just got really lucky. Had a restock alert on the Seekers, and got one just before they sold out again. I’ll keep an eye out for another set for @chris and see if I get lucky twice.

chris

chris

Got myself something.
IMG_20200704_150457396.jpg

Man, if I had a girlfriend she would be mad.
Unless, of course, she'd like Transformers too.
Btw, Jetfire was on a discount, so I didn't paid much.

Zappit

Zappit

Oh, that’s a very, very good figure, @chris

I’m waffling right now on “Alternate Universe” Prime right now. I preordered it, but it’s a dead Optimus figure. It’s the Earthrise figure with a different head and paint job. And he’s a robot corpse. I’m...feeling like I don’t really want that.

chris

chris

I have also mixed feelings about "Alternate" Optimus. Earthrise Optimus Prime is a good figure (I haven't bought him yet) but he they call him "Alternate Universe" Optimus as much as they want but a will still be a corpse. I'm not sure what the play pattern is suppose to be. Play with him like he is a zombie? Or "Weekend at Bernies" style?
Why not make a true alternate version of Optimus and make a Shattered Glass one?

mikerc

mikerc

So, is it just Zappit & Chris that are allowed to post here? Because I may have just picked myself up someone whose figure is almost as magnificent as he is...

IMG_0274.JPGIMG_0282.JPG

chris

chris

Some pics of Jetfire / Skyfire. Man, this figure is great.
IMG_20200708_182207937.jpg

IMG_20200708_182743952.jpg

IMG_20200708_182904798.jpg

"It seems the time has come for me to change from science to war."

Zappit

Zappit

So, is it just Zappit & Chris that are allowed to post here? Because I may have just picked myself up someone whose figure is almost as magnificent as he is...

View attachment 34538View attachment 34539
WANT. Still waiting on BBTS to get their stock...

Zappit

Zappit

There was a TON of new figures announced today.

A bunch are Walmart exclusives - Elita-1, Bumblebee, Earthmode Soundwave, and the Netflix Siege repaint figures. It looks like the spoiler box will be a Nemesis Prime.

Amazon has two two-packs: Earthmode Ironhide and Prowl, and a Ramjet/Dirge pack.

There were also three new Generations Selects: Greasepit, Hubcap, and Exhuast. (Yes, that’s how they’re spelling it.) The Rotorstorm repaint of Spinister is also confirmed to be getting a new head sculpt, too, which is really nice.

chris

chris

Saw the pictures of the reveal. Bumblebee looks good. It's great they made him look like a VW. But him being a Walmart exclusive is annoying.

The third line of War for Cybertron was also revealed: "Kingdom".

Looks like next will be Beastwars.

chris

chris

I was lucky and was able to order the seeker 2 pack set.

Zappit

Zappit

I was lucky and was able to order the seeker 2 pack set.
Fantastic! Every time I’ve checked they’ve been out of stock. I was really trying for you, though.

At least the Coneheads are easier to get...

chris

chris

Fantastic! Every time I’ve checked they’ve been out of stock. I was really trying for you, though.

At least the Coneheads are easier to get...
thanks for looking out

chris

chris

the Seeker two pack has arrived (a lie, it arrived last week, three days after ordering !! I just forgot to post about it) They look really good. The colors of Thundercracker and Skywarp really pop out.

IMG_20200808_120944717.jpg

IMG_20200808_122045855.jpg

chris

chris

Got a new Earthrise figure, Bluestreak.
Wasn't so sure if I should get him but the new mold is really good.

IMG_20200925_204132171.jpg

IMG_20200925_204210145.jpg

Zappit

Zappit

He’s not available in the US yet, but every review basically is saying he’s a mini-Masterpiece figure.

BErt

BErt

Well if there’s anything the masterpiece line is missing, it’s a bluestreak sculpt

chris

chris

He’s not available in the US yet, but every review basically is saying he’s a mini-Masterpiece figure.
Oh, I absolutely agree with that. The engineering is simpler but the figure doesn't feel cheap. Lots of nice little details sculpted on it.

Speaking of masterpiece figures, I saw the first pictures of Beast Wars Megatron and he looks great. I'm not really interested in Beast Wars but maybe I will get him

Zappit

Zappit

3F624E71-2FE8-4AD4-8F38-11E9B574CEB5.gif

mikerc

mikerc

Normally I don't go for the smaller figures but gods damn it if the little baby Prime doesn't just look adorable.

Zappit

Zappit

I really hope tiny Prime is a sign of an improved Legends (small) class of figures. The third party offerings in that scale have blown away the official stuff for years, and it looks like Hasbro has been trying to step up their game.

I’m sooooo excited for Kingdom. The Beast Wars figures look amazing.

chris

chris

I haven't updated in a while. She is not a bad figure but suffers from her original design.

IMG_20201011_154134089.jpg
IMG_20201011_154250015.jpg

IMG_20201011_154454645.jpg

Zappit

Zappit

I haven’t been disappointed by any Earthrise figures yet, but yeah, Arcee is an absolute shellformer of a figure. There’s just no way to work that bot mode into a car otherwise.

chris

chris

I haven't post pictures of the new figures I got the last months. Time to change that. My office toy this week is Sunstreaker
IMG_20210309_084321991.jpg

IMG_20210309_084332998.jpg

IMG_20210309_095038035.jpg

chris

chris

This weeks office toy: Trailbreaker. Yes he's Trailbreaker again, not Trailcutter.
IMG_20210316_070518929.jpg

IMG_20210316_070606266.jpg

Really Like his head mold. Gives him character.
IMG_20210316_071046533.jpg

But his vehicle mode is also not to shabby.

chris

chris

The first pictures of Galvatron were leaked. His robot mode a few days ago:

And his cannon mode today:
Kingdom-Galvatron.png

Zappit

Zappit

It looks really good. They’ll have finally done Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge Justice in plastic form.
Post automatically merged:

0A6D6B21-167C-4847-A6CF-5CFDB44136A9.jpeg

Beast Wars Megs is a very good figure.

mikerc

mikerc

Beast Wars Megs is a very good figure.
Obligatory yesss.

chris

chris

Office toy for this week: Studio Series Hot Rod
IMG_20210322_100514270.jpg

IMG_20210322_133213211.jpg

Another amazing figure with great pose abilities and a ton of accessories and gimmicks. Including his visor/shades.
IMG_20210322_133903555.jpg

And of course a matrix with effect parts.
IMG_20210322_133528116.jpg

And than he turns into a overpriced bigger version of himself.

If I have a complain, it's the size of his tail fin. It's enormous, especially in car mode it's looking too big. But that's a minor issue

Attachments

BErt

BErt

I was perfectly fine not owning the big expensive unicron until everyone on twitter who got it started posting pictures

Zappit

Zappit

I’m still okay with not owning it. Something that big is definitely going to suffer from loose joints within a couple years - the limbs would just be too heavy. The color changes around the planet-mode maw and the unpainted teeth really look throw off the whole look for me, too.

chris

chris

Owning Unicron looks like a chore. Price aside, he is a big guy and needs a lot of space. And I have neither the space or the will to spend so much money.

chris

chris

A short character for a short week. WFC Bumblebee, one of the more expensive deluxe figures, at least for me. The other one was Ratchet, stupid exclusivity.
IMG_20210329_094501671.jpg

The fact that he is a licensed VW figure in the main line is already awesome. But all the little details is what makes him stand out. The VW logo on the hubcaps and the hood, the bumbers, the painted head and taillights, painted windshieldwipers and door handles and the single sidemirror on the drivers side
IMG_20210329_094919236.jpg

IMG_20210329_095035204.jpg

IMG_20210329_135315343.jpg

He is more a darker yellow than the pictures might suggest but that's ok. I wish his head would be more movable and his eyes a bright blue to give him a bit more live. The backpack/shield is ok, too. I mean it don't bother me as much like others.

Zappit

Zappit

Lots of new stuff - the Arc as a titan! Black Zarak!

Zappit

Zappit

Oh, and you thought Unicron was expensive and tempting? Here’s a $700, voice-activated, 19” self-transforming Optimus Prime capable of walking, talking, has programmable movement...

mikerc

mikerc

Oh, and you thought Unicron was expensive and tempting? Here’s a $700, voice-activated, 19” self-transforming Optimus Prime capable of walking, talking, has programmable movement...

Hang on - the voice activated command to get him to transform is "Convert"? :facepalm:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hang on - the voice activated command to get him to transform is "Convert"? :facepalm:
"Autobots...CONVERT!"

I guess they didn't want it to be mistakenly activated. "Yeah, this is my newest Transformer WAIT STOP"

--Patrick

mikerc

mikerc

Greatest fan mode ever?

chris

chris

Haven't posted new pictures of my new figures in a while.

First Cyclonus. He has a fun transformation.
IMG_20210427_095217592.jpg

IMG_20210427_094537018.jpg

chris

chris

A couple of weeks ago the new toyline Transformers Legacy was announced and the first figures were shown. The new line will have fan favourite characters from other toylines. The first figures of wave 1 are Skids, Dragstrip, Prime Arcee, Prime Bulkhead, Kickback and Laser Optimus Prime.

Looking at the figures it's noticable that all looking like G1 designs. I'm a bit surprised. I thought that the Transformers Prime figures will be updated with new mechanics. And not new designs. Skids looks really good and I'm happy that we will finally get him.

Any thoughts?

Zappit

Zappit

We’re getting a new, improved Menasor. I can’t wait!

We‘re also getting the Insecticons at Deluxe size. The retool possibilities means we might finally see Chop-Shop, Barrage, Venom, and Ransack. It would be a perfect Generations Selects entry.

I also like the Prime characters getting a modernized update to fit with the current lines. Plus, we are FINALLY getting a Blaster that’s in scale. Yes!

BErt

BErt

I got my bats yo
8B9256E7-250C-4C73-B7CC-BC7223F757BF.jpeg

BErt

BErt

Well hello there

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's like fanfic come to life.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

And now for something completely different...

Tranformers: BotBots

PatrThom

PatrThom

I watched this without sound, and I can’t decide if it reminds me more of Teen Titans: GO! or The Smurfs.

—Patrick

chris

chris

First review of Legacy Blitzwing is out and of course people are up in arms complaining about all sorts of things.

For my parts I wait until I see more reviews are up later the year when the toy is actually released. But so far I like what I see.

chris

chris

Transformers Kingdom Blaster

Such a simple but effectiv transformation. Basicially the G1 figure with updated engineering.

IMG_20220316_063759268.jpg

IMG_20220316_064148025.jpg
IMG_20220316_064513284.jpg

I really like this little detail and non Transformers reverence. Ever wonder how loud Blaster can go? He goes up to 11:
IMG_20220316_063853298.jpg

Zappit

Zappit

Cannot wait for mine to come in.

Frank

Frank

I haven't collected Transformers since I gave my collection to some kids 20 years ago now (almost) but my aunt got me Draculus for Christmas and I fucking love him. The bat transformation is kinda janky, but by God he's cute with his little Dracula tux robot form.

It's making me itch. Maybe if at some point I'm better financially I'll finally go for it and try to collect every Thundercracker. He's my favourite of all time.

Zappit

Zappit

They did just give Thundercracker one hell of a Masterpiece figure.

Frank

Frank

Whoa, I did not know they revamped the seeker Masterpiece to actually look good. I do not have 255 USD though for a toy, ha ha ha.

Fuck, it even has a faceplate with his little smile.

mikerc

mikerc

They did just give Thundercracker one hell of a Masterpiece figure.

Don't all the seeker Masterpieces have massive QC issues? Or have they managed to fix those?

evilmike

evilmike

Optimus Prime has been given new life once again as a fully transformable 1508-piece LEGO set. LEGO The Transformers 10302 Optimus Prime will be available June 1st, for US $169.99 | CAN $TBD | UK £TBD (BrothersBrick)

Lurker

Lurker

Lego Optimus Prime is now available!

Zappit

Zappit

Could not get him...

Gotta wait for a restock...

evilmike

evilmike

It looks like he's available from Lego S@H with free shipping.

Zappit

Zappit

Just tried again. I got it!

evilmike

evilmike

Just tried again. I got it!
Awesome. Will we get pictures when you've got it built?

Zappit

Zappit

Awesome. Will we get pictures when you've got it built?
YES

chris

chris

IMG_20220819_201036.jpg

IMG_20220819_201047.jpg

chris

chris

Look what got today.
IMG_20220922_165447.jpg

I can't believe I found one at normal retail price (or what's normal retail price now) and no shipping cost.

IMG_20220922_165700.jpg

IMG_20220922_170903.jpg

Frank

Frank

I had no idea he was rare. I saw a few at Walmart here the other day.

chris

chris

He is a Walmart exclusive like all Speedia 500 figures and shortpacked. We don't have Walmart here in Germany.
Smyth Toys is selling some toys of the line right now. I saw Cosmos last week on their website to my surprise and ordered one.

Zappit

Zappit

Sonuva...I haven’t been able to get this guy at all.

chris

chris

Any Transformers Animated fans here?

chris

chris

My Christmas stuff this year.

"Laser" Optimus Prime is a bit of catharsis for me. Back in the 90s I saw the original toy in a store in Germany but wasn't allowed to get him for Christmas or birthday because it is a "war toy".
IMG_20221225_093026.jpg
IMG_20221225_094358.jpg
IMG_20221225_100401.jpg

IMG_20221225_131400.jpg

IMG_20221225_131307.jpg

Attachments

Zappit

Zappit

Are the elbows loose on your Laser Prime? I got him and Scourge and the right elbow is very loose on both.

chris

chris

Are the elbows loose on your Laser Prime? I got him and Scourge and the right elbow is very loose on both.
No, none of the elbows are loose. Friction keep them in place. Even when I'm shaking him nothing moves. Guess I was lucky.

chris

chris

Hasbro showed new figures this week.

Paradise Parakeet and his accessoire Beachcomber

F7196_DIO_TRA_GEN_LEGACY_DLX_BEACH_COMBER_0005_Online_2000SQ.jpg

Frank

Frank

I just learned that Street Fighter Transformers exist and I've never wanted anything more.

Zappit

Zappit

Fair warning on those - they used Thrilling 30 and Titans Return molds as bases. Some of them aren’t that great.

drifter

drifter

The Arcee/Chun Li one looks dope. Wish they were sold as singles.

Frank

Frank

Fair warning on those - they used Thrilling 30 and Titans Return molds as bases. Some of them aren’t that great.
I'd be honest I think they look pretty bad but the inbox pose sells them for me. I probably would never open them.

Zappit

Zappit

There’s a second Jurassic Park set coming out and the Jeep is supposed to be Wayne Knight.

Attachments

chris

chris

There’s a second Jurassic Park set coming out and the Jeep is supposed to be Wayne Knight.
I know, it's weird. He even has the fake shaving creme can.

mikerc

mikerc

Okay, the Frankenstein's Monster bot might just be my favourite Transformers X-Over figure. I'd say he wears the mold better than the original Impactor toy did.

Frankentron.jpg

Even his effect part is pretty nifty!

FrankentronAlt.jpg

grub

grub

16995966800232338718664435322440.jpg

I really love the new mini dinobots!

Zappit

Zappit

Nova wears this mold very, very well.
DDFF6494-7E71-4713-BDD1-4762326D366D.jpeg