The EPIC WIN Thread 2: EPIC HARDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My college graduation ceremony was yesterday, and--although I've had my degree since mid-March--I did it for my parents, and they couldn't have been prouder (first person in my family, on both sides, to have received a four-year degree). We then went out to dinner with my high school math teacher (still keep in contact with him; he's a great guy) and got good Mexican food, then went to my dad and stepmom's house and had cake/celebrated for a while.

Today I put my graduation gifts to good use and ordered myself Left 4 Dead 2, a year of XBox Live, and a Super Street Fighter IV tournament edition stick for $150 total. Let the good times roll!

North_Ranger

Staff member
The "publiikki" - or the formal graduation ceremony for Masters of Arts - was Friday. Woke up early, attended the ceremony with my parents and girlfriend (first time they met and nobody was brutally murdered, woot ;) ). Like Enresshou, I actually earned the title MA in April; the publiikki is just a formal but optional celebration of the fact. Afterwards, coffee and cake for the relatives at my place. My prezzies, however, were mostly functional: the master's ring, a hip flask... and a cast iron cauldron. People know I love to cook ;)

I'll slap some pictures online tomorrow.

Met Chad Sexington today in Amsterdam. Got him to try ''Hollandse Nieuwe haring*''. He didn't like it.

*for those not in the know, ''hollandse nieuwe'', otherwise known as ''haring'' (herring), is a dutch delicacy. The fish are cleaned and served raw, on a bun or with some diced onions.

I never thought I'd miss old computers until I got nostalgic over Tie Fighter.
Tie Fighter was the reason I bought my first computer.
Tie Fighter was a truly awesome game. I bought a big Logitech Flightstick just for that game. Actually, I think it was one of the first Sidewinders with throttle 'n stuff.

Aaah, nostalgia.[/QUOTE]
If I was ever in a rotten mood, I'd put on the headphones, crank up the old school Fear Factory, and do a few flight missions wiping out other ships. It truly was a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.