The Elder Scrolls VI - Anticipation Station

So parts of Tamriel haven't been covered by a main series game yet?
As far as I know, none of the games have taken place in Valenwood, Elswyr, or the Black Marsh.

That said, they went back to Cyrodil for Oblivion, so we could end up in a previously visited location this time too, but I would hope not.

The environment looks too green to be Hammerfell, and not really all that marsh-like so it's probably not the Black Marsh. It's also probably not snowy enough to be High Rock, because High Rock is approximately as far north as Skyrim, so I'd imagine they'd have a similar climate. Elsewyr and Valenwood are possible candidates, as are the Summerset Isles.

If the next game keeps to the alphabetical naming order that's appeared so far (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) then Valenwood and Summerset Isles are possible candidates. Personally I'd put my money on the Summerset Isles, with the Thalmor being the main antagonists, and the game's main storyline being to end the Thalmor threat once and for all.

Summerset Isles seemed logical to me too, but if that's coming to ESO...we'll have to wait and see.

That said, if they make it as mod-unfriendly as I expect it'll be a disappointment with a short life span, and they won't understand why. The idiots.

It looks like it could be High Rock, and it gives me a Wrothgar/orc vibe. Mountainous and the music is kind of harsh and “orc-ish”. In ESO, some of Wrothgar is snowy, but there’s also temperate areas. Most of High Rock is portrayed as temperate forest outside Wrothgar and the mountains.

There’s a Wrothgar DLC in ESO, but it’s a small one (not like the box-set releases of Morrowind and Summerset), so there’s still a lot they could do with the orcs and not repeat themselves.

I’d really love if it’s set in an area we’ve never explored before, like Akavir. Or goes into the past and features the Dwemer.

GasBandit

Staff member
Here's hoping (probably futilely) for drop-in-drop-out 2 or perhaps even 4 player co-op in the SP campaign, a la Saints Row or Borderlands.

Here's hoping (probably futilely) for drop-in-drop-out 2 or perhaps even 4 player co-op in the SP campaign, a la Saints Row or Borderlands.
Here’s hoping that if they DO implement it, that players who join a hosted game have the option to NOT be forced to auto-download whatever mods the host is using, because that could be ... revealing.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Here’s hoping that if they DO implement it, that players who join a hosted game have the option to NOT be forced to auto-download whatever mods the host is using, because that could be ... revealing.

—Patrick
Well, no worries about that, Bethesda has decided they hate any mods you didn't buy from them directly.

Dave

Staff member
I have to stop myself several times a month from reloading any Bethesda games. The Fallout & TES games are some of my all-time favorites. I do have ESO loaded, but I don't pay anything for it.

I’d really love if it’s set in an area we’ve never explored before, like Akavir. Or goes into the past and features the Dwemer.
Who says it has to be in the past to feature the Dwemer? By some theories, what happened to them (or they did to themselves, or whatever) is the same thing that happened to Alduin. He came back. Who's to say they can't?

As for location, despite them doing it in ESO, I'm hoping for Summerset and the other islands around there, possibly even to http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pyandonea as well, as that could be interesting. The main problem for such though would be how to structure the game for the possibility of naval combat without turning it into "The Elder Scrolls: Sea of Thieves" or the like, as IMO it wouldn't be an Elder Scrolls game then.

Speaking of such though, wouldn't it be awesome to HAVE such a game in the ES universe? That could be cool. Just not TES 6 is all.

What I've expecting: (Assuming High Rock)

- Knights and knightly orders. Big thing in Breton lands.
- Lots of druidic stuff with the Weiress'es.
- Vampires being a big fucking deal up near Rivenspire.
- Return of the Bad Man? That'd be cool; minor daedric god rampaging through the farm lands.
- Finally... FINALLY telling the Thalmor to GO FUCK THEMSELVES. That should have been a thing in Skyrim.

Who says it has to be in the past to feature the Dwemer? By some theories, what happened to them (or they did to themselves, or whatever) is the same thing that happened to Alduin. He came back. Who's to say they can't?

As for location, despite them doing it in ESO, I'm hoping for Summerset and the other islands around there, possibly even to http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pyandonea as well, as that could be interesting. The main problem for such though would be how to structure the game for the possibility of naval combat without turning it into "The Elder Scrolls: Sea of Thieves" or the like, as IMO it wouldn't be an Elder Scrolls game then.

Speaking of such though, wouldn't it be awesome to HAVE such a game in the ES universe? That could be cool. Just not TES 6 is all.
I was thinking the origins of the Dwemer and all their cool toys, but I'm fine with Dwemer in any time (with their cool toys).

I'm also all for kicking Thalmor ass, no matter what the setting. Since that wasn't done in Skyrim, hopefully we'll be able to do it in this one.