The Dream Thread

fade

Staff member
It's been said that some of the most boring things you can talk about are your dreams. If you concur, there's the door. I really like hearing about others' dreams, so go for it here.

Here's one of mine to start. I have a lot of zombie dreams. I remember one which was clearly patterned after the new Dawn of the Dead. I was stuck in a Best Buy with some others at the beginning of the zombie outbreak. I believe I'd made it there somehow. I have vague recollections of the beginning of the dream, and hiding under floorboards, etc. Anyway, the BB was secure, but a horde of zombies knew we were in there. We had to get out before they got in. I had discovered that you could rig up an LCD screen to emit a frequency of light that would destroy a zombie. So we spent the night modding a bunch of digital cameras (to use as grenades), TVs and monitors. It so happened that there was a vehicle of some sort in the BB as well. We rigged up a bunch of the tvs and monitors all over the vehicle, and threw a generator in the back. The whole thing was controlled by a laptop (mac of course) that could flash each monitor individually, or in a panic, all at once.

Anyway, we busted out... there's dim spots to the dream ... somehow the zombie war ended, and we one. But as we celebrated, the inevitable horror movie gotcha happened. There were stragglers, and one wandered out into the ocean. It was attacked by a shark, who became infected. The carrier shark swam north, and froze. The dream ended cinematically, with a boat carrying the frozen shark back toward a futuristic city, as the shark began to thaw...

I dreamt I was making out with a really hot girl I met last year, but who moved back to her native country this January. It was an amazingly realistic dream.

Also, I hope my girlfriend isn't secretly a HFer, because otherwise I'm gonna be in trouble.

Cajungal

Staff member
I recently had a dream that I opened a gateway to a zombie apocalypse alternate universe. One of the zombie people got Danny de Vito. :( It was sad.

M

makare

This week I dreamed about a purple cat with black stripes that had three green eyes. In another dream I married this alien guy who had spider fangs for legs. In that same dream I was sewing something with a little kitty in my lap and I accidentally stuck the needling into the kitty's head. I freaked the fuck out but besides crying some blood tears the kitty seemed fine.

figmentPez

Staff member
I haven't been remembering a lot of my dreams lately, mostly just waking up with a sense that horrible things happened in my sleep.

One night recently, though, I did have three dreams I remembered. First one was good, second one was mixed, and the third was very unpleasant.

1. I was either in the future or found a book from the future. Either way it was a coffee table art/fashion book. Big heavy thing full of pictures. The dust cover was in tatters, but I could make out that it was from 2022. The fashion included everything from high fashion to cosplay, and everything blurred inbetween. I found a lot of pictures from one of my favorite cosplayers CatalystSirene. There were pics of her in cosplay, but also pics of clothes designed by her. I flipped to the index to see if I could find any other cosplayers I know, but I can't read in dreams.

2. There was a lot to this dream I couldn't remember. I only remember the middle of the dream. A young girl had developed a crush on me, and told me so. I said that I was probably too old for her, but she replied that she was 19, older than she looked. When I told her that I was 32 she realized I was right and backed off. It was flattering to have a pretty girl attracted to me, but I wasn't attracted to her.

3. This was the nightmare: I was wearing pants in a sauna. (Hey North_Ranger you ever have that nightmare?)
Okay, so there was more to the dream than that. I was at a hotel on some sort of trip. I don't know why but I walked into the sauna fully clothed, and there was a group of college students in there sitting around in towels and bathing suits. I took off my shirt, and they proceeded to mock me for being fat. It felt a lot worse than it actually was.

I haven't had a good action packed dream in years, at least not one i can remember... SAD FACE!

Best one i remember was me helping Sailor Moon and then there where bouncy balls everywhere, mostly blue... guess who was my fav sailor senshi...

I have a recurring dream where I'm trapped in a speeding car with the accelerator stuck wide open and no brakes, and all I can do is try and swerve around traffic until I hit something at high speed, and everything goes black, then it starts again. And there's nothing I can do.

I rarely remember my dreams. When I do they tend to be a disjointed mess of images and impressions. I have been told by my fiance as well as exbed partners that I have screamed in my sleep as well as moan and groan (not in the happy dream way). Basically I have had night terrors since I was a child and not remembering my dreams is how my psychology copes with thirty-three years of nightly terror.

That said I do remember some things, especially from my childhood before I started blacking them out.

1) A reoccurring dream. To understand this I have to explain my childhood a bit. My mother was employed in the family business of running an antique store. This store had the parking lot border a railroad track. A large amount of my young years were spent sitting on the loading dock door and watching trains go by. I liked them as much as any little boy but the horns they blew when they went by hurt my ears. Consequently I would have many dreams about trains jumping their tracks and driving through streets (much like the scene in Inception) blowing banshee-like horns in an effort to eat me. Once I was finally cornered the trains would some how turn in to giant metal snakes and I would then awaken terrified.

2) Another reoccurring dream from childhood that has followed me to adulthood. I am in the passenger seat of a car. It is driving fast and recklessly, but there is no driver. I somehow work my way in to the driver seat but no matter how I turn the wheel the car goes as it pleases. Then one by one the car begins to run down various people I know exploding them exploitation anime style all over the windshield.

3) The only other vivid and repeated dream I have had is one from my teenage years. I wont go in to gory details, I will leave it at I was watching detached as I did unspeakable things to women. I was outside looking in so to speak. I was horrified by what I saw but had no control over the actions of the "me" I witnessed.

Ok, Bear sharing time is over...sorry this one isn't my usual brand of inane insanity...it's just dirty real insanity.

S

SeraRelm

Had a dream tiny little worms were everywhere like an ant infestation, but these ones would burrow most of the way into your skin then gorge on blood until they swelled way too big to pull out of the skin. I can't even call it a nightmare though since I don't have a fear of that at all. If anything I found them interesting, but annoying.

Hospitals mess with your head.

BananaHands

Staff member
I had this dream I was in this gigantic mall that was more or less a maze. Kept trying to find my way out and every time I turned a corner there was a guy waiting with chocolate eclair samples. They were delicious, but I just wanted to find this girl who I've never seen in real life.

M

makare

I dreamed I completely forgot how to do my call center job. That is completely ridiculous, of course, because it is a job a trained monkey could do. It was a real nightmare but had no teeth.

I dreamed I completely forgot how to do my call center job. That is completely ridiculous, of course, because it is a job a trained monkey could do. It was a real nightmare but had no teeth.
I have a completely wide-awake mini panic attack right before all of my call centre shifts, like I'm going to completely forget how to talk on the phone. I totally get it.

M

makare

Did we both just happen to overuse the word completely or is that a side effect of call center nightmares? :)

fade

Staff member
Please be patient. I will reply to this thread in the order in which it was received. Your post is important to us.

M

makare

do you have to tell the customer you appreciate them? we have to do that. It is a lie. The customer is a moron. I hate morons.

S

SeraRelm

I could barely sleep last night and I think it's from the oxycodone. Every time I'd start to drift off, I'd get this seizing fright in me. It felt like getting anxiety attacks, and the half remembered parts from just as I was drifting off were completely unnerving.

Cajungal

Staff member
I had a dream that Jake told me he thought he might be an exhibitionist. So, like a good girlfriend, I found a support group that helps ease you into that lifestyle. That is the second-largest amount of johnsons I've ever seen in a dream. :confused: It was like we were in a therapy room with a group, and then it became this holodeck situation where it turned into a forest right next to a highway. It's fun to wake up giggling.

S

SeraRelm

I had a dream that Jake told me he thought he might be an exhibitionist. So, like a good girlfriend, I found a support group that helps ease you into that lifestyle. That is the second-largest amount of johnsons I've ever seen in a dream. :confused: It was like we were in a therapy room with a group, and then it became this holodeck situation where it turned into a forest right next to a highway. It's fun to wake up giggling.

ElJuski

Staff member
I dreamed I saw Avengers, and it was frustrating, because it was about some sort of weird "dream world", and in this "dream world" Scarlett Johanson was some sort of political figure, and then a dream figure came and shot people, and I swear to God, I sat in my dream (that I knew I was controlling) and whined and said, "WHEN THE FUCK IS IRON MAN GONNA BEAT UP CAPTAIN AMERICA".

Here's the kicker. Again, had half-way understood I was controlling the situation, so when Iron Man FINALLY came, I started to become Iron Man in the dream, but my dumbass dream self said, "No I am watching this this is a movie I cannot be Iron Man".

And then I woke up.

Last night I dreamed that every single one of my friends and family told me that I was worthless and that they never wanted to see me again. One by one, walking out of my life, for good.

My subconscious hates me.

I had a dream last night that I met Oancitizen from TGWTG. It was weird. I'd won some sort of contest to meet someone from the site and he took me to this hotel where there were all these people dressed in top hats. That's about it.

I already shared my worst dream in the worst fears thread, so I'm not going to go over it again.

It's been said that some of the most boring things you can talk about are your dreams. If you concur, there's the door. I really like hearing about others' dreams, so go for it here.

Here's one of mine to start. I have a lot of zombie dreams. I remember one which was clearly patterned after the new Dawn of the Dead. I was stuck in a Best Buy with some others at the beginning of the zombie outbreak. I believe I'd made it there somehow. I have vague recollections of the beginning of the dream, and hiding under floorboards, etc. Anyway, the BB was secure, but a horde of zombies knew we were in there. We had to get out before they got in. I had discovered that you could rig up an LCD screen to emit a frequency of light that would destroy a zombie. So we spent the night modding a bunch of digital cameras (to use as grenades), TVs and monitors. It so happened that there was a vehicle of some sort in the BB as well. We rigged up a bunch of the tvs and monitors all over the vehicle, and threw a generator in the back. The whole thing was controlled by a laptop (mac of course) that could flash each monitor individually, or in a panic, all at once.

Anyway, we busted out... there's dim spots to the dream ... somehow the zombie war ended, and we one. But as we celebrated, the inevitable horror movie gotcha happened. There were stragglers, and one wandered out into the ocean. It was attacked by a shark, who became infected. The carrier shark swam north, and froze. The dream ended cinematically, with a boat carrying the frozen shark back toward a futuristic city, as the shark began to thaw...
I once thought there was a zombie outbreak happening outside Best Buy. Then it turned out there was just a Wal-Mart next door.

S

SeraRelm

He's a bit resigned now, being in the lake near the ra- OH YOU SAID RESINED...
:awesome:

I have had nightmares that I was back at my old call center job. Not even anything out of the ordinary, just that I was back at my desk, talking on the phone all day. I woke up screaming.*

*That's a lie, I didn't really wake up screaming, but I feel like I should have.