[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Also

David Thewlis having a mustache and looking exactly the same all the time in Aries armour and in flashbacks is one of the funniest, silliest things ever.

Also

David Thewlis having a mustache and looking exactly the same all the time in Aries armour and in flashbacks is one of the funniest, silliest things ever.
When the camera has to cross the doorframe between the window and the doorway and obscures vision of him, I think everyone was expecting him to appear on the other side as a different actor, instead of just disappearing and then reappearing in the same look again. They could've gotten away with the hell armor later, except they had him carve an opening to make sure you could see Thewlis's face.

I am seriously tempted to break my vow and go see it. If only to support it and show DC exactly the kind of movies I want from them. It's that it's tied in to that goddamn same universe.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh, yeah, I forgot to say: I went to go see it last night, and I almost never go see movies on weeknights, but I didn't want to have to dodge spoilers all week.

Really good movie. Enjoyed it greatly. Just had a few gripes about it -

1) Themiskyra is in the English Channel, within the flight range of a mortally wounded Fokker E from Belgium?
2) Diana didn't wake up when they changed ships?
3) Ares would have won if he'd just stayed quiet and not shown his hand after Diana killed Ludendorff. She was in the middle of her Heroic BSOD and he interrupted it. Yet another instance of a villain snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by having to talk to the protagonist at your moment of triumph.
4) The Lynda Carter theme song was not in the end credits! :mad:

Also, for anyone still going to see it, there's no after-credits scene, so you don't have to wait around when the credits start rolling.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, I forgot to say: I went to go see it last night, and I almost never go see movies on weeknights, but I didn't want to have to dodge spoilers all week.

Really good movie. Enjoyed it greatly. Just had a few gripes about it -

1) Themiskyra is in the English Channel, within the flight range of a mortally wounded Fokker E from Belgium?
2) Diana didn't wake up when they changed ships?
3) Ares would have won if he'd just stayed quiet and not shown his hand after Diana killed Ludendorff. She was in the middle of her Heroic BSOD and he interrupted it. Yet another instance of a villain snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by having to talk to the protagonist at your moment of triumph.
4) The Lynda Carter theme song was not in the end credits! :mad:

Also, for anyone still going to see it, there's no after-credits scene, so you don't have to wait around when the credits start rolling.
They didn't change boats; they got a tow from a faster boat.[DOUBLEPOST=1496770566,1496770496][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just want to say that I am going to be extremely disappointed if this year's go-to female Halloween costume isn't Wonder Woman.
I am seriously tempted to break my vow and go see it. If only to support it and show DC exactly the kind of movies I want from them. It's that it's tied in to that goddamn same universe.
If it doesn't happen and Nick hasn't seen it, we blame him.

I have several bathing suit patterns if you just want to teach yourself. I'm sure it won't be traumatic. :whistling:
I would take you up on this, but my sewing machine is still busted. I really should bite the bullet and buy a new one, preferably one made in this century. Both of mine have been from the 60's.

Last edited:
You know, I wanted to write a longer post about this earlier, but I think if you're going to break your vow, this is the movie to do it. You'll either be thrilled they remembered what it really means to be a hero, or even more p.o.'d that they could have gone this route with Superman and got lazy.

Not exactly a spoiler, but if anyone hasn't seen WW yet and doesn't want any hints:
I read an article earlier today that said Patty Jenkins had to fight the execs to get the "No Man's Land" scene made. The execs "didn't get it" and wanted to skip it. I think it may go down as one of the most iconic superhero scenes of all time.

Last edited:
There you go, @Celt Z - you're not buying a swimsuit. You're buying a Halloween costume with versatility.
I've got a birthday in a few days. If I end up with some money, I may be making an investment.:D

EDIT: I mean, like, a family member sending me check, which is likely. I hope that didn't come off that I was looking for a hand-out! :oops:
[DOUBLEPOST=1496773322,1496773258][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's like when I played Lego Batman 2 and John Williams' theme played while Superman flew around.

I NEVER got tired of that.
I LOVED that. I'd use Superman even when I didn't have to just to hear it.

Last edited:
I would take you up on this, but my sewing machine is still busted. I really should bite the bullet and buy a new one, preferably one made in this century. Both of mine have been from the 60's.
We had three Bernina 1008's left over when Kati's mom's business closed up. One of the former employees bought one, her sister got another, and she kept one but hers is just sitting in a closet, gathering dust. If you're interested in starting a dialogue with her about it, let me know.

--Patrick

We had three Bernina 1008's left over when Kati's mom's business closed up. One of the former employees bought one, her sister got another, and she kept one but hers is just sitting in a closet, gathering dust. If you're interested in starting a dialogue with her about it, let me know.
Aw, thanks! But I'm almost horrified to think what the shipping would cost.

Like I said earlier, let me do some research and really evaluate my sewing needs first. I think that will help me decide what model is going to work best.

You know, I wanted to write a longer post about this earlier, but I think if you're going to break your vow, this is the movie to do it. You'll either be thrilled they remembered what it really means to be a hero, or even more p.o.'d that they could have gone this route with Superman and got lazy.

Not exactly a spoiler, but if anyone hasn't seen WW yet and doesn't want any hints:
I read an article earlier today that said Patty Jenkins had to fight the execs to get the "No Man's Land" scene made. The execs "didn't get it" and wanted to skip it. I think it may go down as one of the most iconic superhero scenes of all time.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! That was the best part of the movie! Even the people with more gripes than others have described that sequence as flawless. There's a reason I gushed about it in my review. I had friggin tears in my eyes over a damn action scene of all things.

Executives are fucking stupid.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! That was the best part of the movie! Even the people with more gripes than others have described that sequence as flawless. There's a reason I gushed about it in my review. I had friggin tears in my eyes over a damn action scene of all things.

You can read the whole article here. It would also explain why we keep getting a lot of sameness in our movies (well, DC mainly, but Marvel does run into a similar problem with their villains/climaxes, sometimes).

Good on Patty for sticking to her guns* and having the insight to know what really needs to be included in a hero's journey.

*Pun!

Yeah, that sequence was great...... except for the slow mo.... can we please stop with the slow mo.

Yeah, that sequence was great...... except for the slow mo.... can we please stop with the slow mo.
I could've done without it, but it was at least used less extensively than in a Zack Snyder movie, and it didn't do the fast-forward after the slow-mo. It was also just one scene of the larger sequence, so didn't keep me from loving it.[DOUBLEPOST=1496793366,1496793156][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can read the whole article here. It would also explain why we keep getting a lot of sameness in our movies (well, DC mainly, but Marvel does run into a similar problem with their villains/climaxes, sometimes).

Good on Patty for sticking to her guns* and having the insight to know what really needs to be included in a hero's journey.

*Pun!
It's like they don't understand superheroes.