[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

So is Wonder Woman bulletproof or not? And can she fly or not? They keep giving powers and taking them away again. They really want her to be a Superman with breasts but they are just not consistent with how they portray her.

Oh yeah, and the final WW trailer is out.

Her origin story hasn't even been consistent. Gotta take each version as it appears, so I guess we won't know if in the movie she's bulletproof until she's hit, or if she can fly until she does so.

Her origin story hasn't even been consistent. Gotta take each version as it appears, so I guess we won't know if in the movie she's bulletproof until she's hit, or if she can fly until she does so.
They lost me when they moved it to World War One. Huh? :confused:

I suspect part of it is to escape the shadow of Captain America. Part of it is the utter brutality of that war (GrimDark ho!)
There's plenty of room in WWII for more than one superhero. :p

Where's the Wonder Woman who's a fan of dinosaurs and birthday cakes? And why is my google-fu so weak I can't find the picture that proves that? :(

Call me crazy, but they could just not make it a period piece and stop being hung up on a 42 year old tv show.

Although looking at the last 3 Superman movies we're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

There's plenty of room in WWII for more than one superhero. :p

Where's the Wonder Woman who's a fan of dinosaurs and birthday cakes? And why is my google-fu so weak I can't find the picture that proves that? :(
An origin story set in World War II that results in flashing forward to the hero in modern day is just asking for critics to draw parallels to Captain America. If you are saying it is possible to tell a different story in that vein, of course it is. But that might require a degree of finesse that the DCEU can provide at the moment.

An origin story set in World War II that results in flashing forward to the hero in modern day is just asking for critics to draw parallels to Captain America. If you are saying it is possible to tell a different story in that vein, of course it is. But that might require a degree of finesse that the DCEU can provide at the moment.
But it's not World War II.

It's World War I. :cool:

Yeah. I have been explaining why it is not set in WWII. Because it would draw comparisons. I think you jumped into the middle of the conversation there and thus the confusion.

Yeah. I have been explaining why it is not set in WWII. Because it would draw comparisons. I think you jumped into the middle of the conversation there and thus the confusion.
I thought it was a typo and was being stupid, and this is what I get for thinking I can skim a thread real quick on break and still participate.

Also, I'm honestly up for World War I as the setting because I feel it would be more fitting, considering the fact that (I believe) Ares is supposed to be the main villain for this film.

Okay, so, she participates in World War I, but fucking sits out (as per her 'stood aside for 100 years' bit in Darkbat vs Supergrim: Dark of Grimdark) World War II? Really?

I'd also like to mention that if they REALLY wanted to do WWII in the dc universe, you'd do the Vandal Savage version involving time travel. Bonus points if we get to see the Black Hawks.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd also like to mention that if they REALLY wanted to do WWII in the dc universe, you'd do the Vandal Savage version involving time travel. Bonus points if we get to see the Black Hawks.
You mean the one where Jon Stewart goes back to the 40s and experiences NO RACISM WHATSOEVER? :D

I kid, I kid, I liked that episode of JL too.

You mean the one where Jon Stewart goes back to the 40s and experiences NO RACISM WHATSOEVER? :D

I kid, I kid, I liked that episode of JL too.
To be fair...

- It was Europe.
- He was a Marine with Marines, wasn't he?

Though really, they could have had him interact with a segregated unit I guess.

Already seen one comment that said something to the effect of "I bet his daughter killed herself because she finally saw BvS."
For fuck's sake, Internet. :facepalm:

Sorry to hear this about Snyder's daughter. I personally didn't hate MoS and BvS, they weren't great films but I found enough in them to enjoy. I would've been ok with Snyder staying on, but now this happens, and ugh... it's all so shitty.