[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

I liked 300. It was a weird stylized action movie. This is all style and no substance. Not a single practical effect to be had, everything looks CG'd to death, and it feels like it's going to be chock full of one-liners.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. DC should stick to animation.
Because I must...

I liked 300. It was a weird stylized action movie. This is all style and no substance. Not a single practical effect to be had, everything looks CG'd to death, and it feels like it's going to be chock full of one-liners.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. DC should stick to animation.
The Arrowverse is kind of knocking it out of the park in live action, so I think we need to blame this more on the creative forces behind the movies than the medium.

They decided to make Zach Snyder the standard that all movies should fit into.
The problem is that DC movies were practically dead after the 90's fiasco that was Batman and Robin. Christopher Nolan came along with a good idea to do a darker, grittier, "realistic" take on Batman. This worked well because it countered the stupid cheesy tone of the previous Batman films, and because it was well-written/planned (Nolan's first two were, anyway).

And because the studio execs for Warner Bros. are dumb, all they took from that is "dark and gritty + CGI = money" so they have been making the movies with that formula. They ignore thoughts like good writing, dialogue, pacing, a balanced approach to CGI, etc.

And yes, Zach Snyder just perfectly captures everything wrong with that mentality. He's the wrong fit for what these movies should be.

I've watched a few episodes of Flash and Arrow, but they're too cheesy t.v. for me, or they're for a younger audience. I don't know. I can't connect with either show.

To be honest, when he said he wanted Summer Glau as Diana, I was so glad he got dropped from it. Nothing against Summer, but Joss needs to look up "Amazon" and get over his "tiny girl, big fight" fetish.
Wait, what? He would pick Summer Glau over Gina Torres as Diana? :confused:

I think I would have rather seen Whedon's take on Wonder Woman, but this could be cool if he is allowed to do his own thing.

I didn't know they were planning a Nightwing film. That's interesting.

GasBandit

Staff member
College Kids react....

and basically everything we didn't like about the JL trailer, they're SO STOKED about.

Right down to "I love the choice of music for the trailer!"

:facepalm:

Yeah. It's shit. But Teens and Twentysomethings love to eat shit.

College Kids react....

and basically everything we didn't like about the JL trailer, they're SO STOKED about.

Right down to "I love the choice of music for the trailer!"

:facepalm:

Yeah. It's shit. But Teens and Twentysomethings love to eat shit.
If it makes you feel better, those are scripted and most likely paid for by Warner Bros.

Dwayne Johnson let some details fly this week. Essentially the plan seems to be to have a fun corner of the DCEU. A Captain Marvel movie, a separate stand-alone Black Adam movie, and then a Captain Marvel movie where Black Adam is the villain. The characters may appear in other DC movies.

I'm still uncertain for the DCEU's future, but I really want this to work out for him.

Meanwhile, WB executives listened to the interview and were confused by this strange word he used. "What's this 'fun' thing he's talking about?" they asked.