[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Listen WB, if you're having such a hard time finding a director, then I volunteer for the job. I've never directed anything in my life, I've never worked on any sort of film before, heck I don't even watch that many movies. My version of The Batman will simply be Batman beating the crap out of his rogues gallery for 120 minutes. Batman will be CG and will be voiced by Kevin Conroy. Joker will also be CG and will be voiced by Mark Hamill. Harley Quinn will still be played by Margot Robbie, but her costume will be a bit more faithful to the comics. I'll even keep Deathstroke as the final villain, in the sense that Deathstroke will be the last person to have the crap beaten out of him.

I'll charge 1% of gross. What do you say?

All right, all right. Twist my arm, guys, but I'll direct The Batman. I just want to make a few changes to the script. Nothing major. Just a few little tweaks.

For starters, we need to re-cast Affleck since he's definitely not right for the role of The Batman from the planet Zur-En-Arrh.
Second, who do you guys think should play Kite-Man and Condiment King?
Third, and most importantly, I demand practical effects for both Ace the Bat-Hound and Mogo the Bat-Ape.

Last edited:
All right, all right. Twist my arm, guys, but I'll direct The Batman. I just want to make a few changes to the script. Nothing major. Just a few little tweaks.

For starters, we need to re-cast Affleck since he's definitely not right for the role of The Batman from the planet Zur-En-Arrh.
Third, and most importantly, I demand practical effects for both Ace the Bat-Hound and Mogo the Bat-Ape.
Needs more BatMite.....

How many Oscars has the MCU won? That's right, fourteen films, ZERO Oscars! Clearly the DCEU is superior! Suck it, Marvel!

It's being reported that Max Reeves has "100% percent" control over The Batman, so it seems that was the issue before and WB caved to it. Hopefully this is a good thing. I'm guessing he didn't want there to be a cut of his movie made by a trailer team.

(Also kinda hoping this means we can chuck Deathstroke and get a better villain.)

I want to poke at you, but if I apply your logic to food, I understand.

"Hey Nick, you know how I made those three cakes?"
"The burnt one, the one where the yeast wouldn't rise, and the one where you consulted three other bakers so it came out as a melting sugary mess?"
"Yeah. Well, I made a new one and it's much better."
"It looks better, sure, but after the last three gave me indigestion, I'm not eating this one. Might be full of hornets."

That said, I'm excited for Wonder Woman and really hope it's good.

I liked the trailer, it did a good job of hyping me up.

Though there's a nitpick I want to make... I really like the music in the trailer, and I really like Wonder Woman's theme, but Wonder Woman's theme playing at the very end there felt really out of place.

I liked the trailer, it did a good job of hyping me up.

Though there's a nitpick I want to make... I really like the music in the trailer, and I really like Wonder Woman's theme, but Wonder Woman's theme playing at the very end there felt really out of place.
I'm sorry, but that theme song goes with anything. I want it played at my wedding.

I mean, I'm not getting married, so it's not like I can back that up, but if anyone here wants a sham wedding to help me prove a point, let's do it.

I want her theme to appear with her because that way she can actually have a consistent theme, unlike any of the Marvel heroes outside the Avengers as a unit, but it would clash a little with the time period and setting. That said, if it pops up in the movie, I'll probably too psyched to care. Plenty of period piece movies use instruments that didn't exist yet at the time, and only electric guitar/synthesizer stuff seems to be considered taboo because they're so modern. Yet I'm sure the score to any ancient Egypt movie wasn't throwing out the viola player just because that instrument wouldn't exist for another 3000 years from the setting. I can let slide the few decades between WWI and the development of electric guitar.

Ooooh, I really like that trailer, but I'm still cautious, since...well, all DC films on the last few years.

However, there is one plot rumor that has me kinda disappointed:
I read somewhere that it would be Zeus who created the Amazons and Themyscria as insurance against Ares and...come the fuck on. It's bad enough they're taking away Diana's unique origin and making Zeus her dad, bit you couldn't have the goddesses or even just Hera be responsible for them, like in the comics? I'm sorry guys, but there is no shortage of media that caters to the inclusion of men. We can't have ONE freaking heroine be about the women?! She was created for this specific reason! Goddammit, DC!

I've decided not to watch the new trailer. I've seen enough that I want to see it and I'm probably not going to have a choice but to see it before Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I don't need to see every single thing in a movie, trailer makers.

Likewise, kind of wish I'd missed the new Guardians trailer before Kong. Not seeing anything else until then, but I just don't need to see more. I'm already sold. Enough.