[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

I'll give WB some credit--there's no way in hell that Disney would've allowed a movie made under them to jab at the MCU as much as Lego Batman jabs at the DCEU.

I'm honestly curious to see if Wonder Woman will be the one and only movie they put out that turns out to be good. So far, they've yet to knock a single film out of the park like Marvel has a few times. Avengers 1, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Winter Soldier are all nearly unanimously praised (some exceptions, of course). Most of the others all tend to lean more positively.As I said in the Phase 3 thread, even a "bad" Marvel movie is largely enjoyable and re-watchable.

But every one of WB's DC movies have split the audience. Man of Steel was like 50/50, Dawn of Justice was like 80/20 (negative being 80), Suicide Squad about 40/60 (60 being positive, since it did lean more to the positive).

Last edited:
I've read rumors that Wonder Woman is just as big a mess as the other ones, but these are just rumors and the only sources I've been able to find are clickbait sites, so I'm taking it with enough grains of salt to raise my blood pressure ten points.

I'm excited for Wonder Woman. I know that one ex-employee said it was going to be a mess too, but that would've been early in production, and while that hasn't boded well for other projects, it doesn't mean the movie is going to be bad just because. By that logic, Rogue One would've had to be a disaster because it had a level of reshoots on par with Suicide Squad, but Rogue One was solid while Suicide Squad ... I liked Suicide Squad, but it was not a good movie. And for that matter, I liked Suicide Squad despite the movie trying very hard to make me dislike it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I know the odds aren't in my favor, but I'm just hoping DC isn't going to be a bad boyfriend JUST this once. And most likely I'll be there opening night, because dammit, I've been wanting this for almost 34 years!

If these 2 minutes from The Lego Batman Movie don't convince you to go see it immediately, then WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

(This takes place early into the movie. Kinda spoilery, but god, it's so much fun.)

If these 2 minutes from The Lego Batman Movie don't convince you to go see it immediately, then WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

(This takes place early into the movie. Kinda spoilery, but god, it's so much fun.)

I was thinking about taking Li'l Z to a kids showing, since he's never been to the theater before and loved the trailers. As far as violence and intensity, how is it? Is it about the same as The Lego Movie?

I was thinking about taking Li'l Z to a kids showing, since he's never been to the theater before and loved the trailers. As far as violence and intensity, how is it? Is it about the same as The Lego Movie?
Anytime someone fires a gun, they say "pew pew". That's about the level of intensity,

Yup, it's basically on par with The Lego Movie as far as violence goes. If you don't mind being spoiled, the video clip I just shared should show you exactly what to expect.[DOUBLEPOST=1487187262,1487187227][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anytime someone fires a gun, they say "pew pew". That's about the level of intensity,
That cracked me up EVERY time.

Yup, it's basically on par with The Lego Movie as far as violence goes. If you don't mind being spoiled, the video clip I just shared should show you exactly what to expect.
Thanks, guys! I had a feeling that would be the case, but sometimes when the Joker is involved, adults can forget where the line should be for kids. He's not scared easily, but Mr. Z and I try to limit his violence intake to small and parent-approved doses. It'll probably be another year or so before we'd let him see the old animated series. Plus, this means I don't have to wait to see this at home!

Thanks, guys! I had a feeling that would be the case, but sometimes when the Joker is involved, adults can forget where the line should be for kids. He's not scared easily, but Mr. Z and I try to limit his violence intake to small and parent-approved doses. It'll probably be another year or so before we'd let him see the old animated series. Plus, this means I don't have to wait to see this at home!
To be fair, the original Animated Series has some SERIOUSLY dark moments. I don't blame you there.

GasBandit

Staff member
My grandmother was absolutely horrified when she watched Batman TAS with me one afternoon. It was that scene from episode 55 "The Mechanic" where the Penguin gives an accountant a bribe in the form of a check and then puts him in a ducky boat to leave... but it just goes to a whirlpool drain. The hapless schmuck circles down to his death screaming "Excuse meeee! I'm expected back at the offiiiiiicccceee...!"