[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Rescued from the latest forum hiccup:
Frank said:
I have to say this about it, Kaley Cuoco is easily the best Harley Quinn since Arleen Sorkin. No offense to Tara Strong, but Kaley doesn't go horribly over the top with her Harley. The whole voice cast is really great and I'm especially stoked on bringing back Diedrich Bader as Batman, because I 100% love his Batman.

I have never watched any of the DC TV shows, but I still thought this is pretty cool. Possible spoilers for The Flash show.

figmentPez

Staff member
Okay, let's talk about that WTF moment at the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice.....

Gleek? They hear monkey noises, and the camera pans to an empty cage with banana peels, the cage is labled Star Labs Test Subject GLEEK. I can't even.

We've been planning since the release date was announced to go opening weekend because, but Julie is sick and unless her cough is gone by tonight, we'll have to wait until next weekend. And while I think we who've been looking forward to it should get to see it before all you tasteless naysayers :p I hope you have a good time.

Loved Birds of Prey. It was ‘all over the place’ as some critics complained, but considering that Harley is the narrator that makes total sense.

Love the cast. Rosie Perez was so good as Renee. I’d love a Gotham Central show on DC Universe with Rosie as Renee. Also, I want more Birds of Prey. And I still want a Harley movie directly based on the Conner/Palmiotti books.

Speaking of (spoilered if you’ve read those books and want to be surprised):
My husband thought I’d lost my mind when I laughed out loud: “Oh my god, it’s the beaver!” Then I had to explain the beaver to him after the movie. But the fact that they put the beaver in (and had Harley tell it not to judge her) makes me love this movie even more!

I got chills when Canary finally did her thing. Did I mention I want more Birds of Prey? With Oracle!

Kinda, sorta an after credit.
I’ve seen speculation about what Harley was going to say about Batman, with people thinking it’s a clue for The Batman or Suicide Squad 2. Pretty sure that was a reference to the Harley Quinn cartoon, and she was most likely going to tell you that Batman fucks bats.:rofl:

I liked almost everything about it except the climax, which was kind of a wet fart. Also felt like too many characters which left some (Huntress mainly) with almost nothing to do. Still probably my favourite of the modern DC movies.

I'd also like to say I'm waaaaay into Robert Pattinson being an obstinate dick about keeping up his workout regime during these at home times. Stuff like this fucking makes my day. I can only imagine how angry execs at WB are at him.

Snyder cut is happening, is going to cost 30 million dollars, might be a 4 hour movie or 6 chapters for HBO Max.

I would rather eat glass than watch another Zack "Neck snap gif" Snyder super hero movie (or movie in general) again.

Snyder cut is happening, is going to cost 30 million dollars, might be a 4 hour movie or 6 chapters for HBO Max.

I would rather eat glass than watch another Zack "Neck snap gif" Snyder super hero movie (or movie in general) again.
Apparently Weadon's doing it, not Snyder. Whatever, the fact that it's going to cost -30 million- to do it means...

- there was no Snyder cut
- This is unfinished footage
- they are going to record all new stuff

Whatever. DC's in a rut... the only movie of theirs I sort of liked was Birds of Prey and Shazam... and Shazam 2's at least 2-3 years away.

There's a joke going around on Twitter that's a fake post from HBO Max saying the Snyder Cut is being brought to you be Joss Whedon. Maybe that's what it's referring to.

I just hope the cowards do it justice and give us the scene where Supes and Batman compare peens. ("Why did you call it Martha?")

Whedon's not mentioned anywhere in the press release by Warner.

Ahh. I was looking at some reporting earlier before the press release. Someone must have jumped the gun. My bad.

Regardless, Synder himself is saying this is going to be an "all-new thing", so whatever. I've seen Justice League; recutting it couldn't save that movie.

I can't think of anything I'd want less.

It's hard to figure out who likes women less. Frank Miller's definitely more of a misogynist, but Zack Snyder is more a nihilistic misanthropist.

I wish this would mean the end of their toxic campaign, but let's be honest. Even this won't shut them up.

Once it comes out, they'll demand a sequel. And all this shit starts all over again.

I'm just glad it's coming out so people can finally see how nothing-burger of a difference it would have made and shut up about it.

I mean they won't but still.

I'm just glad it's coming out so people can finally see how nothing-burger of a difference it would have made and shut up about it.

I mean they won't but still.
No matter how bad it is, they'll continue to push it as a great movie. They have to at this point.