[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

James Gunn, director of Guardians of the Galaxy 1, 2 and definitely not 3 is in talks to write and possibly direct [strike] Guardians but for DC [/strike] Suicide Squad 2: nowhere to go but up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2018/film/news/james-gunn-suicide-squad-2-1202974224/amp/

He might also be taking Bautista with him.
Yeah, the internet's already trying to think of who Bautista could play.

Some of the ideas I've heard are Bane, Solomon Grundy, and King Shark.

He's more in Superman's wheelhouse, rather than Suicide Squad's.

It'd be like having the Joker without BatmaOHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP
Yeah, but I saw SS as perhaps a sort of lead-in to a much wider galactic universal scope, possibly culminating in a showdown with Thanos Darkseid.

--Patrick

There is a clip from DC Daily that talks about Titans, and there is a brief blink-and-you'll miss it shot of Starfire in (what I assume) is her regular hero costume:

I'm not saying it's going to redeem the show, but it's a hell of a lot better than all the promotional shots they've been using for her.

There is a clip from DC Daily that talks about Titans, and there is a brief blink-and-you'll miss it shot of Starfire in (what I assume) is her regular hero costume:

I'm not saying it's going to redeem the show, but it's a hell of a lot better than all the promotional shots they've been using for her.
Yeah, not looking like she's dressed in hand-me-downs from the local strip club is quite an improvement.

figmentPez

Staff member
I haven't seen any episodes of Titans, but I have to object to the idea that this is automatically Frank Miller level of exploitative writing just because Starfire is working as a prostitute at the start of the series.

GasBandit

Staff member
I haven't seen any episodes of Titans, but I have to object to the idea that this is automatically Frank Miller level of exploitative writing just because Starfire is working as a prostitute at the start of the series.
But given what else we've heard about the series, it would fit the pattern. Still, I'll wait to see what people say about it after having watched some of it before I write it off completely.

Well, of course she is...
I will say this, it was better than the trailers made it seem to be, but it still wasnt good. It did not make me want to watch any further, and like most of DC properties that aren't animated movies, feels like it was written entirely by men with the arrested development of a teenager.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's also especially worrisome, given what Nu-52 did to Starfire's character, what in making her an emotionless nymphomaniac and all. Really, how much more of a hint does DC need that we're long tired of darker, grittier, edgier stuff just for the sake of being darker, grittier, and edgier?

figmentPez

Staff member
But given what else we've heard about the series, it would fit the pattern. Still, I'll wait to see what people say about it after having watched some of it before I write it off completely.
I've been reading what people who have watched it say, and every one of them has said that how the marketing has presented the show, and how the show actually plays out are radically different.

Take, for instance, the "Fuck Batman!" line. In the trailer, it's cut to make it seem like Robin is saying that to criminals before he attacks them. In the show Robin says it to himself after he beats up the thugs. Major tonal difference.

So that means when Batman's in his prime, the Joker will be old enough to be an AARP member. Kind of makes a fistfight between the two really fucked up.

So that means when Batman's in his prime, the Joker will be old enough to be an AARP member. Kind of makes a fistfight between the two really fucked up.
I wonder if they are using the "Joker shot and killed Bruce's Parents" version of the Joker from the Tim Burton movie for that. That would make the age difference make more sense at least.

figmentPez

Staff member
Unless the Joker is some immortal incarnation of chaos... Which is an interpretation of the character that seems to be growing in popularity. In effect, if not outright stated.