[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Did you fall asleep during the whole Superman conversation? (that's a jerk rhetorical question, I'm sorry)

But that convo in Kill Bill 2 spells it out

Which always bugged me because people would state that as fact for a reason to not like Superman when the whole point of the speech was how BILL perceived the character.

Punisher's a vigilante not a super-hero. ;)

Also Bill's Superman speech in that movie tells me that he gets the character about as well as David Goyer and Zack Snyder.

Which always bugged me because people would state that as fact for a reason to not like Superman when the whole point of the speech was how BILL perceived the character.

I just meant it as proof that The Bride was a superhero / Kill Bill is a superhero story. Not any specific point about Superman.

No word on that, yet. Some believe Nolan's sticking around to convince Bale to return (along with paying him a fuck ton of money).
Wait... what?

The only reason the Nolan and Bale's Batman movies succeeded so well was because of the realistic approach they took to the settling. They even "grounded" very over the top characters like Ra's Al Ghul and Bane so that it didn't become too campy. No lazerus pits, no super-strength venom syrum. The only character that you could say had power was Scarecrow, and his toxin was still grounded in hallucinogenic compounds.

It won't make sense if Bale's Batman comes out of retirement only to work together with an alien space man-god. They needed to refresh him.

Oh, I'm not arguing in the least. I think the Nolan Bat-movies should be left as is without crossing over. I'm just going by what I've heard.

It'd be interesting if they have Batman already existing and well-established in this continuity, without going through the origin story. Just have Superman sitting on his porch, reading a newspaper, when he suddenly gets a startled look on his face. "How on Earth did you manage to sneak up on me?"

And a dark shape from the shadows replies, "I have my ways."

It'd be interesting if they have Batman already existing and well-established in this continuity, without going through the origin story. Just have Superman sitting on his porch, reading a newspaper, when he suddenly gets a startled look on his face. "How on Earth did you manage to sneak up on me?"

And a dark shape from the shadows replies, "I have my ways.I'm Batman."
Fixed.

And a dark shape from the shadows replies, "I have my ways.I'm the Goddamn Batman"
Double fixed

I find it weird that when I used to call Frank Miller out on being a misogynistic homophobe on these boards, I'd get smacked down.

figmentPez

Staff member
Zach Snyder to meet with Frank Miller to discuss this movie.

:facepalm:
Frank Miller is getting input on this movie, and The Flash TV series is going to be a spin-off of Arrow.

Today is making me facepalm almost as much as this DC news.

Still, I guess I'm not completely surprised that Frank Miller has been brought in, considering the dialog line read at the movie announcement was from The Dark Knight returns, and while the movie won't follow that plot, it will be taking inspiration from it.

Not all of Frank Miller's characters are prostitutes. Sometimes they're strippers.

Sometimes those strippers turn out to be prostitutes.

Elektra was interesting once upon a time too, but both those characters were made before he went totally loony toons.

I don't want to ruin a good internet freak out but the article, for all it's "OMG!" factor is basically a non-article (based on a UK article based on a comment by a "friend of Frank Miller's") and they admit it at the end:
Now, there’s no indication that Miller’s meeting with Snyder will be anything else than a couple of friends getting together for a chat, an opportunity to get one another up to date on their respective projects.
So this is some dude-bro who got word of Snyder and Miller, who aren't exactly people who have never met before, are having some lunch or something and now people are turning it into "OMG!!!!11 MILLER IS IN CHARGE OF DC!"

So calm down. It will be okay. They'll probably order some salmon. Maybe some bagels. Who knows.

What I want from DC? A HBO Hellraiser series...

I don't think DC owns the rights to Pinhead and the Cenobites. Unless you mean the John Constantine: Hellblazer series, then hell yes, I'm in.[DOUBLEPOST=1375375467][/DOUBLEPOST]
As much fun as it's been to call Frank Miller one dimensional:

Is a pretty awesome character.

Early Frank Miller was awesome and untouchable. Even though there were still some misogynistic aspects seen in his work, it wasn't as blatant as it later became. I love his run on Daredevil and his Batman work like Year One and Dark Knight Returns are some of my favourite Bat-stories. But Miller went batshit crazy (or crazier) as time went on. I'd be hesitant to say that Sin City was his last, great work. It totally captures that noir style of tough guys and tough women, even if it can be a little male-centric and misogynistic at times.

Everything after that? Hoo boy, Frankie went off the deep end. 300 is just a big (somewhat subtle) love letter to the U.S. and the marines (their battle cry is similar to the marine's "hoo-rah!").

I don't want to ruin a good internet freak out but the article
Look, the internet is made for good freak-out articles. No one here wants your 'reason' or 'research' or 'extra information.' They want to read headlines, form conclusions that validate already-held convictions and see how many words they can make into portmanteaus with -fuck.

I swearfuck, if you so much as tryfuck to stopfuck my irrationalfuck rantfuck again, I'll fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

This simplistic, cynical view of the Internet has been brought to you buy:
Not enough coffee this morning
A sore neck
The letter L
And viewers like you

I honestly don't believe rumours anymore. I'll only believe once I see a trailer. Otherwise, we would have had Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian (no, really), Jack Black in a comedic Green Lantern, a Green Arrow in prison movie, a Joss Whedon scripted Wonder Woman movie, etc.