[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Bubblegum needs to be part of whatever the Legion of Doom's variant of the League of Super Pets is. I know it's got Bud and Lou the Hyenas and Dex-Starr the Red Lantern, but I can't remember the others.

They are working on a movie. This needs to happen.

Bale
Keaton
Affleck - I thought he made a good old bat...
West
Kilmer
Clooney

Y'all can trust me, I was nicknamed Mattman all my life.
Affleck was the hardest one to rank & I'm still not actually convinced I've got him in the right spot.

Best live action movie Bats? Keaton. Second best? Bale. Worst? Clooney. Those were easy.

West I ranked above Kilmer because of Batman and Robin. Generally speaking the Batman of a given movie won't translate well to a different movie even though they're supposed to be the same character. Keaton's Batman wouldn't have worked in the Nolan films & Bale's wouldn't have worked in the Burton ones. Adam West though would have improved B&R. It still would have been a terrible movie, but it wouldn't have been quite as bad. So that got him the nod above Kilmer.

That just left me with Affleck and though I ended up putting him in 5th place he could just as easily be in 3rd or 4th. I couldn't argue against either of those places.

I'm still torn on the ranking of Clooney. I feel like he clearly got the worst movie, but on the other hand, his casting is far closer to the comic's depiction of a "handsome, millionaire playboy who has a weird side". And though Keaton was probably the biggest Batman impact in my lifetime, I still remember "fans" bitching and moaning about his casting because he was kinda short, not traditionally handsome, and known for comedies. But like @mikerc said, he was given a Burton Batmovie that he perfectly fit the aesthetic.

I think I'm going to rank mine on their lasting impact on the role, and how they make people see/hear Batman, rather than the movies:

Conroy
Keaton
West
Arnett
Bale
Affleck
Clooney & Kilmer- honestly, both were forgettable, but Clooney get the edge for "Batnipples", which is still an infamous reference

I'm going to rank mine on their lasting impact on the role, and how they make people see/hear Batman, rather than the movies:
Since we're talking about degree of influence, where would you rank Olan Soule? (The voice of 80's cartoon Batman)

--Patrick

A little while back I stumbled on some clips of Batman Forever on Youtube. Hoo boy, that movie did not age well, and I didn't think it was all that good to begin with.

I was kinda sticking to those who have had a theatrical release, but...probably lowish. Possibly above Affleck.
You know, I said 80's because I thought the switchover (from Batman to Firestorm) didn't happen until the early 80's.
I was right, that was in 1984...but they apparently hadn't done any new full Superfriends episodes since 1979, just little 7-min shorts off and on until the 1984 revival.

--Patrick

I have zero interest in an Ayer cut, especially since I never bothered seeing it. But WB did screw with the original movie and there were apparently a lot of cuts and reshoots made without his say.

Even though I doubt it'd still be any good, I still support the idea of a filmmaker getting to see through their original vision.

Similarly, even though I hate the cult-like harassment campaign behind Snyder's films, and my dislike of his work, that applies to his Justice League, too.

Last edited:
Even though I doubt it'd still be any good, I still support the idea of a filmmaker getting to see through their original vision.
I could possibly be convinced to sell my soul for a Fincher cut of Alien 3. At the very least I'd be willing to sell your soul for it.

Sadly even if the studio agreed to it there's no way Fincher himself could ever be convinced to go back to anything connected to the film.

I could possibly be convinced to sell my soul for a Fincher cut of Alien 3. At the very least I'd be willing to sell your soul for it.

Sadly even if the studio agreed to it there's no way Fincher himself could ever be convinced to go back to anything connected to the film.
I don't know if it was part of the original Fincher cut, but there was a comic based around the original screenplay by William Gibson. That movie was such a mess with multiple changes and cooks in the kitchen, I'm not sure if it's the same thing.

I have zero interest in an Ayer cut, especially since I never bothered seeing it. But WB did screw with the original movie and there were apparently a lot of cuts and reshoots made without his say.

Similarly, even though I hate the cult-like harassment campaign behind Snyder's films, and my dislike of his work, that applies to his Justice League, too.
The Snyder Cut of Justice league is a bad movie. It's in desperate need of an editor with some restraint. However, I still found it to be much better than the original because at the very least it had a consistent vision. There was actual artistic merit behind it rather than being a soulless product (or as close to artistic merit that Snyder can achieve)

The Snyder Cut of Justice league is a bad movie. It's in desperate need of an editor with some restraint. However, I still found it to be much better than the original because at the very least it had a consistent vision. There was actual artistic merit behind it rather than being a soulless product (or as close to artistic merit that Snyder can achieve)
Oh, I have no doubt it's not good. But I'm totally find with Snyder being able to see through to his vision. My issue with the "Snyder Cut" nonsense has ALWAYS been it's cult-like harassment campaign.