[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Of all the Squad members from the first film, I wouldn't have picked Boomerang to be one of the returning ones. But hey, I like Jai Courtney, so oh well.

The Batman

Not gonna lie. I'm looking forward to this. I kinda wish we could have a lighter take on Batman again, but Pattinson is gonna kill it in this role and Matt Reeves is a heck of a director. I'm in.

I am not immediately turned off by the Batman, though whats with the duct tape? Is that supposed to be Riddler?

JL extended cut... couldn't care less.

And Zach Snyder's Justice League if you want a good laugh.

1) Jesus-tapdancing-Christ, Snyder, there are other songs than "Hallelujah"!! Stop putting it in your movies!

2) And as a follow-up, stop using it so badly! It doesn't match the action in that trailer, it made the sex scene in Watchmen (more) laughable. Learn another song! Beg James Gunn for help if you need to.

1) Jesus-tapdancing-Christ, Snyder, there are other songs than "Hallelujah"!! Stop putting it in your movies!

2) And as a follow-up, stop using it so badly! It doesn't match the action in that trailer, it made the sex scene in Watchmen (more) laughable. Learn another song! Beg James Gunn for help if you need to.
Not to mention that it's a whole lot of cool looking shots strung together without any kind of cohesion, and not really in line at all with the song.

So you know, a Snyder movie!

Not to mention that it's a whole lot of cool looking shots strung together without any kind of cohesion, and not really in line at all with the song.

So you know, a Snyder movie!
To be fair to the trailer, I'm pretty sure its purpose was to showcase content that wasn't in the theatrical cut.

... I suddenly had a thought, what if all the new scenes were all in the trailer?

Yet another origin movie? I'm out.
“It’s not an origins tale, but you’re meeting him in the early days. A lot of the other (cinema) stories showed he had to master his fear and himself, to become Batman,” said Reeves, but in his movie “we met in the middle of this criminological experiment and watch him make mistakes.”

The Batman

Not gonna lie. I'm looking forward to this. I kinda wish we could have a lighter take on Batman again, but Pattinson is gonna kill it in this role and Matt Reeves is a heck of a director. I'm in.

I honestly miss the Batman where the threats are a little more extravagant. While most of Batman's rogue gallery do not deal with SUPER powers, they do have a flair for theatrics in a lot of other media such as the animated series. I would love to see this kind of Batman on the screen again. While the gritty, realistic Batman worked very well for Nolan, I feel like they're just treading the same ground here.

Last edited:
I honestly miss the Batman where the threats are a little more extravagant. While most of Batman's rogue gallery do not deal with SUPER powers, they do have a flair for theatrics in a lot of other media such as the animated series. I would love to see this kind of Batman on the screen again. While the gritty, realistic Batman worked very well for Nolan, I feel like they're just treading the same ground here.
I was watching The Dark Knight Rises with my kids, and my 18-year-old daughter just tuned out. I asked why and she said it was too grim. She didn't need to see something that dark right now. So this weekend I showed her Batman '89 (thanks, HBO Max), and she loved it.

I honestly miss the Batman where the threats are a little more extravagant.
I have not yet watched the trailer, but I agree with this sentiment. I prefer seeing a Batman who wins by outthinking his opponents, but not as the sort of Achilles' arrow (i.e., "Let's put this otherwise ordinary human up against a super and see how he manages to survive") he has become. I want to see a world-wise Batman who is always thinking two moves ahead, has lots of cool gadgets/tech, and who on the one hand demonstrates the pinnacle of human physical and martial skills while his other hand picks your keys out of your pocket, removes one, and puts the rest back before you even realize it. Even the 60's Batman, for all its camp, felt more about finding the clues/tracking the villains to their lair/THEN having the action-packed fight scene than a lot of what I hear today's Batman (Batmen?) doing.

--Patrick

I have not yet watched the trailer, but I agree with this sentiment. I prefer seeing a Batman who wins by outthinking his opponents, but not as the sort of Achilles' arrow (i.e., "Let's put this otherwise ordinary human up against a super and see how he manages to survive") he has become. I want to see a world-wise Batman who is always thinking two moves ahead, has lots of cool gadgets/tech, and who on the one hand demonstrates the pinnacle of human physical and martial skills while his other hand picks your keys out of your pocket, removes one, and puts the rest back before you even realize it. Even the 60's Batman, for all its camp, felt more about finding the clues/tracking the villains to their lair/THEN having the action-packed fight scene than a lot of what I hear today's Batman (Batmen?) doing.

--Patrick
I watched the trailer and I guess you won't like this movie.
Did they remade "The Crow" and accidently got "The Batman" in the end somehow?

I watched the trailer and I guess you won't like this movie.
Did they remade "The Crow" and accidently got "The Batman" in the end somehow?
You know, now that you mention it, I did get that feeling from R. Patz's "smoky eye" makeup and greasy hair. Just throw a little STP in that trailer.

I support this hot take:

I'm not even sure that's not intentional.

Consider the "Some men only want to watch the world burn!" story Alfred tells.

He was basically part of a mercenary squad for a government that was trying to bribe the locals into submission, and the bandit was simply disrupting that. But we're told that he was actually just robbing the bribe shipments for fun and chaos.

What was the explanation? Everyone on the original squad (except for BOOMERANG) is dead?
Oh no more of a "who is this character, a brief history and who plays them"

Apparently Nathon Filion is playing a guy who's powers are that his arms are detachable? So...sold.

Oh no more of a "who is this character, a brief history and who plays them"

Apparently Nathon Filion is playing a guy who's powers are that his arms are detachable? So...sold.
They should've gotten John DiMaggio for that. And have him use his Bender voice.

I mean, I hate that this kind of wretched fandom bullshit works. Just be as awful as possible to as many people as possible and someone will make the shitty dour kids character for adults movie you truly deeply want. Don't worry, there'll be no actual connection to the heart and soul of these characters, just the way you want.