[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07...tman-film-will-be-the-next-dc-universe-movie/

There were rumours that there'd be an announcement for Flash in 2016 and Justice League for 2017, but that didn't happen.

Anyway, I think this shows that WB is hesitant to do a Man of Steel sequel as word of mouth and reviews of it being too dark and such have left them not as joyous as, say, the Nolan Batman films. So they're taking their Bat-breadwinner and putting him with Superman.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there's no official, word, more who do y'all want? I'm coming up blank other than my stock "Idris Elba" answer that goes for Dr Who, James Bond, pretty much every open role ever

I must admit, though, this is some pretty forward thinking by WB. I mean, Batman's ONLY been on the big screen 7 times - 9 if you count Adam West and Mask of the Phantasm.

It's not like there aren't other characters they should be working on to get a feature film.

I must admit, though, this is some pretty forward thinking by WB. I mean, Batman's ONLY been on the big screen 7 times - 9 if you count Adam West and Mask of the Phantasm.

It's not like there aren't other characters they should be working on to get a feature film.

Audiences won't want to see it unless they've seen it before. See: Pacific Rim

Audiences won't want to see it unless they've seen it before. See: Pacific Rim

Wonder Woman is just as iconic as Batman and Superman and been around almost as long as them. It's a damn crime she hasn't had a movie yet. I've said it for a long time, but if they'd taken the script for the animated Wonder Woman movie and made it live action, it would've been AWESOME.

Wonder Woman is just as iconic as Batman and Superman and been around almost as long as them. It's a damn crime she hasn't had a movie yet. I've said it for a long time, but if they'd taken the script for the animated Wonder Woman movie and made it live action, it would've been AWESOME.

Movie Executive: "Let's see here... female super hero? Pass. What's this, Michael Bay wants to remake Weekend at Bernies? Green light, let's begin production."

See, Nick? There are plenty of perfectly good female superhero movies.

I don't know where they got all those titles, though. None of those movies exist. I mean, it's like the Transformers movie. The one in the 80s is still one of my favourite animated movies. It's a shame they never made any live-action ones. The only possible way they could screw that up is maybe have Michael Bay direct and focus more on the humans than the Transformers. But only a moron would do that.

As much as I'd rather see one more solo superman film this is probably a brilliant idea for any number of reasons. I'd like to think they will let JGL take over the Bat role but based on what I've read so far it sounds like they are going to go with a totally new person, kind of a different take on the Bat than in Nolan's film. Which is fine really, it's not *really* the same world. Close, but not the same.

From the comic-con panel on Superman's 75th anniversary:
Was Goyer caught off-guard from the backlash over Man of Steel's ending? "To a certain extent, Superman, cinematically, hadn't been reinvented since the Donner films," Goyer says, expressing the need to do something different in their take. "We will be dealing it with the coming film. He's not fully formed in [Man of Steel]. He will have to deal with the repercussions in the next film."
This is exactly what I expected. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I assume Batman will be looking to take down what he perceives as a threat to humans only to discover he's actually his BFF.

THEN THEY KISS.:awesome:

How fucking crazy is it that of all those mentioned Barb Wire is probably the most watchable?
Supergirl is one of my guilty pleasures. Mostly because I absolutely LOVE watching Faye Dunaway chew scenery.[DOUBLEPOST=1374466538][/DOUBLEPOST]
From the comic-con panel on Superman's 75th anniversary:

This is exactly what I expected. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I assume Batman will be looking to take down what he perceives as a threat to humans only to discover he's actually his BFF.

THEN THEY KISS.:awesome:
They could also address the elephant in the room of
the death of Zod.
Batman can claim the moral high ground and view Superman as a menace.

They could also address the elephant in the room of
the death of Zod.
Batman can claim the moral high ground and view Superman as a menace.
I'm pretty sure that is 90% of what Goyer is referring to, although that will be much more of a personal issue for Superman while Batman will just look at it like he has in the comics, ie, dangerous Alien we can't trust capable of immense violence=BAD.