[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Todd Phillips, director of the upcoming "Joker" movie posted an first image of Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker:

It's actually the character he plays before he turns into the Joker

I still can't believe they're making this. All those movies WB announced and then cancelled, but this. This they keep.

In other news, WB is going ahead with Supergirl, which will be set in the 1970s.

DC just needs to stop. It's just a confusing hot mess at this point.

Even better, just keep Wonder Woman and pretend all the other movies didn't happen. Then hire WW's director to oversee a new batch of movies.

The Joker looks like Joaquin Phoenix, only worse. Almost like Joaquin Phoenix doing Andy Kaufman.

Oh my god. That's what they're going to do. Have him be a Kaufman type comic who becomes a supervillain.

For fuck's sake, DC, just quit and start over except for Wonder Woman.

The Joker looks like Joaquin Phoenix, only worse. Almost like Joaquin Phoenix doing Andy Kaufman.

Oh my god. That's what they're going to do. Have him be a Kaufman type comic who becomes a supervillain.

For fuck's sake, DC, just quit and start over except for Wonder Woman.
The only picture I've seen so far was captioned as being The Joker before the accident that made him all clowny.

Is there anything less interesting than busting up the mystique of the Joker?

Because holy shit, they're determined to find out.

I think DC is trying to ruin the entire comic book movie genre so that Marvel stops being so popular. I mean, this HAS to be bad on purpose, like some sort of kamikaze attack... right? Right?

Why does DC/WB seem to be so intent on hiring directors that hate their characters? I honestly think that Wonder Woman was a mistake now.

"Hey, let's do a female superhero movie!"
"Nobody will watch that, nobody wants female superheroes."
"Well, Marvel hasn't done one yet, we can say we were first, even if nobody wants it."
"Okay, we don't want to invest much in this failure, why don't we get some woman to direct so that we can do it cheaply."
"Sure."

That's my head cannon about WW now.

Judging from this picture, I believe so too.

That's really how every actor needs to be.
True.

And I remember vividly how much people initially hated the idea of having Heath Ledger as the Joker, and I remember how much people hated the initial screen test for Ledger’s Joker when it came out. Obviously that all worked out pretty well.

But this movie doesn’t look bad to me because of Joaquin Phoenix. It looks like it will be bad because, once again, DC is trying to do some weird deconstruction of their own property. It’s like they hate the idea of doing a movie with their own characters and, as @Sparhawk said, will only hire directors who hate the source material.

Last edited:
Is anyone exited about Joker?

Anyone???
...Honestly, I'm kind of intrigued.

There's some talent in it, and the fact that it's a standalone film with no ties at all to a cinematic universe gives it some room for something interesting. I'm still most excited about Shazam in terms of DC movies, but considering how much Warner Bros. now looks to just be throwing stuff out and seeing what works, maybe an Elseworlds thing like this might not be bad.