[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

MoS/BvS are way worse. There, the movies went against the established material to do something idiotic. At least the Matrix was making up something new as it went along.
Oh yeah, I'm not denying that the DC movies definitely went against pre-established canon, and were the worse for it. Kill-happy Superman and Batman, that travesty of Lex Luthor, Teenage Mutant Ninja Doomsday, etc. But there were still parts I liked. For example, they did a good job of showing what a fight between combatants with super-strength and super-speed would look like, I liked how Lois was depicted as a competent journalist, and Wonder Woman is all kinds of awesome. These good parts do not, by themselves, make a good movie, but I still appreciate them.

Similarly, the Matrix sequels have some good parts I can appreciate. The visual effects were revolutionary for their time, Hugo Weaving's Smith is deliciously quotable, and some of the fights were truly spectacular. (Though I was quite disappointed with the Burly Brawl in the second film) Again, these parts don't make a good movie by themselves, but on the whole I think there are enough things to like in the Matrix sequels that I don't find them completely terrible.

"Shazam will be light-hearted, family-focused. Dwayne Johnson becomes producer for Shazam, suggesting his continued involvement in making it a series and eventually appearing as Black Adam."

"Wonder Woman 2 is go, Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot get everything they wanted in new contract."

Okay, cool, good things, but where's WB around to make a dumb move--

"Michael Bay being tapped to direct Lobo movie, is already mucking around with script that's been written by Wonder Woman writer."

Ah, there's the WB we're familiar with. I knew they wouldn't let me down. Keep aiming for the bottom!

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd always heard he was going to be Black Adam, but it is news to me that apparently Shazam (the movie) will not feature Black Adam.

"Shazam will be light-hearted, family-focused. Dwayne Johnson becomes producer for Shazam, suggesting his continued involvement in making it a series and eventually appearing as Black Adam."

"Wonder Woman 2 is go, Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot get everything they wanted in new contract."

Okay, cool, good things, but where's WB around to make a dumb move--

"Michael Bay being tapped to direct Lobo movie, is already mucking around with script that's been written by Wonder Woman writer."

Ah, there's the WB we're familiar with. I knew they wouldn't let me down. Keep aiming for the bottom!
I suspect this also belongs in the "Same old DC" file:

Report: Joaquin Phoenix Is in Talks to Play the Joker for Some Reason

I'd always heard he was going to be Black Adam, but it is news to me that apparently Shazam (the movie) will not feature Black Adam.
Basically, he's supposed to be the villain in the sequel... which is a vehicle for The Rock to get the solo Black Adam movie later on (that DC apparently wants and is the only reason we're getting a Shazam movie). Sure, whatever... there have been anti-hero moments with Black Adam.

It's funny that the Rock didn't want to play Shazam considering he just had a break out hit with Jumanji in which he plays a superhuman controlled by a teenage boy.

I guess it depends. If he's coming in with Transformers ideas and camera work, then I'd rather he just not make a movie.
LOL, I think that is how everyone feels! But if there was a franchise in which Bay's.... lets say, eccentricities, actually coincide, it would totally be Lobo, the summation of a 90's teenage boy's wet dream.

Let's look forward to five years from now when Dark Knights: Metal, No Justice, and (hopefully) Scott Snyder's Justice League run are made into an incredible DC animated series/movie trilogy.
Where "The Batman who Laughs" is voiced by Mark Hammil and Kevin Conroy simultaneously in a SPOOKY synth effect...at least in MY fancast anyway.

Last edited:
I hate the lightning as a neck cut thing, and sash and buttoned to the side shirt thing where always doable IRL, even in the 40's.

Anyway, here's some Alex Ross:

It just works...

Hey, there's color in this picture. When did Marvel get the rights to Shazam*?

(*I'm not writing Captain Marvel for obvious reasons.)
At least DC has learned from the problem Marvel faced and not released a picture of their Captain Marvel in a Cree color scheme.
other captain marvel.jpg

Maybe it'll look better when it's in motion and on the big screen, but right now I feel like that costume looks cheap and fake.
1) He does look a little like Super Ted in that photo.

2) I can remember how much input Billy had on his costume, if any at all, but I could see a 12-year-old thinking that looks how a superhero is supposed to look, moreso that the Alex Ross classic style.
Post automatically merged:

At least DC has learned from the problem Marvel faced and not released a picture of their Captain Marvel in a Cree color scheme.
View attachment 27213
Nice boob-window, Billy!