[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

https://talkiesnetwork.com/2017/07/12/matt-reeves-says-the-batman-is-getting-a-new-script/

Matt Reeves, director of Dawn of and War for the Planet of the Apes, and now The Batman, is chucking the existing script to have one more like the movie he wants to make.

Which I'm fine with. He's an excellent filmmaker and I'm eager to see what he does.
At this rate, Affleck might not even be playing Batman. First, he was writing and directing. Now neither.[DOUBLEPOST=1499998116,1499998083][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wonder if they'll get Andy Serkis to do the mocap for Gorilla Grodd, or if he'll be afraid of being typecast as a simian mocapper.
Get the dude that played Koba in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

And before those, as Gollum. He's basically made his career out of being seen without being seen.

...like a ninja!
Now now, he was also the chef Lumpy in King Kong. Good ole lovable Lumpy.

Surely I can't be the only who remembers Lumpy. Especially the horrific way he dies, so gruesome that Andy Serkis wouldn't let his kids watch the movie.

Now now, he was also the chef Lumpy in King Kong. Good ole lovable Lumpy.

Surely I can't be the only who remembers Lumpy. Especially the horrific way he dies, so gruesome that Andy Serkis wouldn't let his kids watch the movie.
1) I haven't watched the 2005(?) King Kong, just the original.

2)...I just wanted to call him a ninja. :(

If he wants out, then let him out. This could be their chance to do something... interesting for once. Maybe now that Batman's out of the picture, we can do a Batwoman movie? Or maybe just a Birds of Prey movie, since we're getting that Gotham City Sirens movie.

Or they could be REALLY ballsy and do that Batman Beyond movie they've talked about.

GasBandit

Staff member
This could be their chance to do something... interesting for once. Maybe now that Batman's out of the picture, we can do a Batwoman movie? Or maybe just a Birds of Prey movie, since we're getting that Gotham City Sirens movie.

Or they could be REALLY ballsy and do that Batman Beyond movie they've talked about.
Heh, you're cute.

If he wants out, then let him out. This could be their chance to do something... interesting for once. Maybe now that Batman's out of the picture, we can do a Batwoman movie? Or maybe just a Birds of Prey movie, since we're getting that Gotham City Sirens movie.

They've announced that Shazam will be the next movie to start filming.

From SDCC, the updated movie list for the DCEU:

Wonder Woman 2, Shazam, Suicide Squad 2, The Flash: FlashPoint, Green Lantern Corps, Justice League Dark, The Batman, and Batgirl

Also, the new trailer:

Wonder Woman 2, Shazam, Suicide Squad 2, The Flash: FlashPoint, Green Lantern Corps, Justice League Dark, The Batman, and Batgirl

Also, the new trailer:
1:40 in that trailer...Is Affleck looking at a hologram of Supergirl?

Also, the new trailer:
"Superman was a beacon to the world. He didn't just save people; he made them see the best parts of themselves."

Ah, so this takes place in a new continuity.

Kidding aside, I don't think it looks terrible. Not sold on it either, but it's not giving me the dismal feel of BvS's trailer. I'm at least digging the casting. (Really hoping whoever Alfred's seeing at the end isn't Superman, but instead a Green Lantern.)

The trailer makes it seem Flash will be comedic relief, which I'm all for.

I'm on the fence; whether I see this or not will probably come down to reviews.

Despite how much I loved Wonder Woman, I haven't seen a Justice League that makes me want to see it on the theater. At home, probably. Also, is it just me, or are the ditigal effects for this really flat? I can think of two shots of Aquaman jumping around buildings and cars, and they don't even look remotely integrated. Almost Sorcerers Stone -levels of bad.

I find that I'm a little put off by the trailer because of its use of the legacy of Superman. That's something they haven't earned. (As @Zero Esc noted, that's something from another continuity.)

I doubt Supergirl. There's Wonder Woman and Batgirl confirmed, do you really expect a third female hero to play an important role? I'm all for it, I like Supergirl and considering how badly they screwed up Superman it would be nice to have a good Kryptonian to root for...but I doubt they'll dare have 3 women and, what, 4 men? That'd be almost equal.

I find that I'm a little put off by the trailer because of its use of the legacy of Superman. That's something they haven't earned. (As @Zero Esc noted, that's something from another continuity.)
Yeah, that bothered the hell out of me when I watched the trailer. I was like, "When!? Where the hell was that Superman in ANY of these films!?"

Wonder Woman 2 will be another prequel film (yay!) set in the Cold War (cool!) and will be released in December 2019 (buh?). I don't have a problem with that as the eventual release date, but they don't even have a script yet. On the other hand, that's over two years away, so that's plenty of time.

But when Wonder Woman 2 has to compete with Godzilla 2, which will be my favorite movie that year?! The answer, of course, is Cars 4.

Wonder Woman 2 will be another prequel film (yay!) set in the Cold War (cool!) and will be released in December 2019 (buh?). I don't have a problem with that as the eventual release date, but they don't even have a script yet. On the other hand, that's over two years away, so that's plenty of time.

But when Wonder Woman 2 has to compete with Godzilla 2, which will be my favorite movie that year?! The answer, of course, is Cars 4.
Lemme just get this out of my system first.

Diana Prince was involved in the Cold War? Well, it should be renamed the Hot War then!

Cause she's hot

and she was involved in the war.

I'm done now. Thanks.