The Dark Knight Rises (now with spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that they made the venom tubing more internal and built into the mask, rather than the obvious "pull this to defeat enemy" flailing tubing that it tends to be in the books.

I've been so disinterested in this, that I barely realized it WASN'T Tom Brady.

I'll be more into this when Hathaway in her Cat-Suit (which I hope is current incarnation) pics are released.

So, the first movie was heavily inspired by Batman: Year One, The second pretty was heavily inspired by The Killing Joke, so it looks like we're going to see Knight Fall played out. I'm fine with that, as long as there's no Azrael... god I hated that character.

O

Overflight

...yeah, not feeling it.

...also, why are all current rebooted superheroes (Spider-Man, Superman now Catwoman) wearing suits made out of cut open basketballs? Was there some sort of horrible accident at the Spalding factory?

I get the feeling that's not the final pic of Catwoman. It's probably like a prototype, pre-Catwoman suit, like Batman Begins.
Added at: 11:52
...yeah, not feeling it.

...also, why are all current rebooted superheroes (Spider-Man, Superman now Catwoman) wearing suits made out of cut open basketballs? Was there some sort of horrible accident at the Spalding factory?
It's better than just straight up spandex. That shit never looks good live-action.

I get the feeling that's not the final pic of Catwoman. It's probably like a prototype, pre-Catwoman suit, like Batman Begins.
Added at: 11:52

It's better than just straight up spandex. That shit never looks good live-action.
It can, but a headband and a time machine are required...

Not to mention half of her is hidden by the batpod. Honestly from what little I can see of it it looks an awefull lot like the comic costume, which is just a black jumpsuit. The only thing it's missing is her traditional "cat" headwear and it should be unzipped enough for her boobs to pop out if we want it to be more comic-ish.

Either way, I'm not going to disown Nolan from one picture.

figmentPez

Staff member
My first thought on seeing the costume was that there's going to be even more girls walking around conventions wearing leather jumpsuits, and I'm going to have such a hard time figuring out if they're playing Black Widow or Catwoman.

Shooting is going on in Pittsburgh this week, but yeah, it's set in winter.

TV news footage of Batman in the suit just looks... off. The cowl is covering way too much of his face.

I would ruin that chick
So would a big semi-truck if it ever hit her riding that bike.
Added at: 21:28
My first thought on seeing the costume was that there's going to be even more girls walking around conventions wearing leather jumpsuits, and I'm going to have such a hard time figuring out if they're playing Black Widow or Catwoman.
Easy: Catwoman will be the one with the cat ears (I still say this ain't the final shot). Black Widow will be the one with the gold bracelets/guns.

Easy: Catwoman will be the one with the cat ears (I still say this ain't the final shot).
I wouldn't get your hopes up. This looks like how Nolan might interpret Selina Kyle (so far in no way has his production referred to her as Catwoman as far as I know).

Nope. I was talking more about lazy cosplay than anything I'd put into the thread. The movie version of Black Widow didn't have the gold belt/bracelets that the comic version does.
The Avengers version of the costume will have more distinguishing features (not the gold bracelets, but something similar, and a belt with the red hourglass symbol on it) which should make telling the two apart easier.

God, I salivate just thinking about next year's slate of comic book flicks.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. This looks like how Nolan might interpret Selina Kyle (so far in no way has his production referred to her as Catwoman as far as I know).
Am I alone in being shockingly OK with that? I mean, beyond the shape of her cowl and owning a bunch of cats, her gimmick has been more "classy thief and sometime vigilante" than anything else for at least a decade.
Is anyone else getting the vibe that she'll basically be Batman's partner in this movie?

She's not a bad guy--I don't see why she couldn't help him later, give him a new love interest.

Keep in mind, all, Bane isn't the only other villain. I forgot if it's Calendar Man or Holiday who's present as a non-costume villain, and then there's the mob, as always. And the police are after Batman as well.

Damn, I'm looking forward to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.