[Writing] The Dangers of Twilight books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to put this in my fairy tale thread...

I wrote a story about a father trying to help his daughter in a world where reading the Twilight novels has brought to light a psychological illness in adolescent girls.

Part 1 is here. Parts 2 and 3 to come soon.

Zappit

Staff member
Not bad. I absolutely love that your description sounds like a headline for The Onion.

Reading the Twilight Books Has Brought to Light a Psychological Illness in Adolescent Girls

As someone immersed in psychology studies, I had to stop after the first few paragraphs.

It's kind of like how a detective can't watch procedural crime dramas, or a doctor can't watch medical programs.

As someone immersed in psychology studies, I had to stop after the first few paragraphs.
Oh yeah, the character was speaking media-frenzy pop-psych bullshit. It was less of a creative strain to have the psychiatrist be unreliable and easily-influence by the media than try twisting real-life psych into this make-believe condition.

(Also taken psych classes myself.)

Funny those examples; my one aunt is in law enforcement and can't stand Law & Order, her partner is a nurse and hates Scrubs and Grey's Anatomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.