Thank you, Dave and all of the staff here, for 10 years

I couldn't be there, but same, Dave. You've put so much work into this place where we can have a community and it means a lot. Hard to believe it's been ten years since the old purge scattered us. I don't know if anyone thought back then how we'd still be going strong now, and it's because of you.

Yeah, it was either be awake after dental work or sleep off the anesthesia and pain. 10 years, Cheerist, I was a rookie constable then.

Hell, not just work, Dave's put in a good bit of money into this forum too, and I don't think we should ever forget that.

Thanks Dave. You da man.

Good lord. I've been lurking here a decade? That's amazing. And yeah, thanks to Dave and everyone for keeping it here and alive.

Seems like only yesterday. ;)

And we forgot the original rallying cry: "KURTZ IS A HACKKKKK!!!"
*Ahem*
Fuck you guys. It's funny.

Dave

Staff member
You guys all act like I did it alone. I did not. There are several hundred people I need to thank, not the least of which are YOU. Yes, YOU! Without the users and lurkers and chatters, this place would be a ghost town. Yeah, I put money into this. Yeah, I put time into this. But without YOU ALL, it would have been nothing.

So thank YOU!

Dave

Staff member
My wife was PISSED! :rofl:

She got over it when the first Google ads check came in. They weren't much, but they defrayed about half the cost of the place. So when I went to a cheaper server I removed all ads. We're probably one of the only ad-free places on the web now.

I haven't been as active as I once was, but I'm glad this place was still around to come back to when I decided to. Thanks, Dave, and the rest of you.

GasBandit

Staff member
In another 10 years this place might just be me and Dave squinting at each other from across a weatherbeaten wooden table beneath a bare bulb dangling from its own power cord, alternatively hollering "What?" "WHAT?" "WHAAAT?" at each other as roaches scuttle from shadow to shadow, but it'll still be here.

Thank you all for being here. I've been away and came back, and I've never been the most active poster in the world, but this is a good thing we got going here.