TGWTG 3rd Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The teaser trailer is up!

From beginning to end I had this huge fucking grin on my face. I also had a tonne of fun picking out who each of them was supposed to be.

This is the thread for all things relating to anniversary cross over videos. Some of which have already graced the site. :)

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm so excited.

I've loved some of the cross-overs thus far:

Linkara and Cinema Snob review Manimal (the comic) - These two work surprisingly well together.

Obscurus Lupa and Cinema Snob review The Asylum's Sherlock Holmes - These two are a little awkward together, but they make it work. The movie deserves lampooning, and gets skewered nicely.

Film Brain & Todd in the Shadows - Mediocre review, but I love the Obscurus Lupa cameo.

Phelous & Linkara review Airborne - so many actors who played Doctor Who, such an awful movie.

Nostalgia Chick's Les Miserables - Not actually a 3rd anniversary spawned cross-over, but it does feature a lot of the TGWTG crew singing. I knew that Linkara, JewWario and Obscurus Lupa have nice voices, but I was surprised by Nella's wonderful pipes.

Todd also has a lovely singing voice.

Also, Phelous was just...I just...I couldn't stop laughing at his 'singing' part.

figmentPez

Staff member
Aw jeez. :p Brad is really NEVER going to live punching Lupa down.
No, he is not.

I think the coolest thing about the puppet vid is that the guy who made them is also an amazing cosplayer. The Atomic Robo that was in my Top 30 of pt2 (found at the beginning of the current thread), that's him. He's also the Yahtzee/Zero Punctuation cosplayer, and some other great stuff too.

figmentPez

Staff member
Well, my idea for a crossover is PusingUpRoses and Obscurus Lupa versus Paw and Todd in the Shadows reviewing The Chipmunk Adventure. Girls vs. Boys in an epic musical battle!

figmentPez

Staff member
Ohhhhhh Shi-! :p I hope they do that now!
Still won't help them pass the Bechdel Test, but it would be totally awesome. I thought of the idea watching Roses, Paw and Todd review "Head" a while back, but it didn't hit me until today that Lupa would be the perfect teammate for Roses.

EDIT: Even better would be one more on each side to match the 3 vs 3 in the movie. That might get a little too complicated for scripting and co-ordination of shooting, though. Not sure who would round out each side, either.

figmentPez

Staff member
They have even less girls now that Goggles has left.

Not that she ever really contributed any ways.
True, but they just added a seventh* today. I can't say I care for Diamanda Hagan's work, though. I find her terribly grating, mostly because she reminds me of all the worst parts of someone I knew in high school. It's like watching a horrible parody of a old friend, and it just creeps me out.

*JesuOtaku, Dena, Obscurus Lupa, Marzgurl and PushingUpRoses. Well, 9 if you count the individual members of Team NChick. I'm not sure who else gets counted. If Team NChick get counted, does Psychoneku?

Bennet is awesome in anything he does. I just love his twisted little mind.

Spoony cracked me up in that as well. His attempts to do the voice just killed me.

I don't know why JewWario sang so softly, though. He sings all the time in live streams.

Watched Part One last night and I about fucking died.

They are off to a really good start if they keep this up.

"I'm Willow."

figmentPez

Staff member
Agreed.

8Bit Mickey is also STELLER in this. Actually, everyone is doing a really good job so far.
I'm surprised at the amount of acting talent in this group. Even the weaker players (Paw, Film Brain, Benzaie IMO) still manage to be very entertaining. There isn't a real dud in the lot, and there are some pretty shining stars they're sharing the screen with. Spoony and Doug are at their charming, smarmy best. Lindsay is rocking the Elvish dialogue. You're right about 8-bit Mickey being a treat to watch. JewWario is hilarious. And Lupa is showing some seriously impressive acting chops.

Some of talent at TGWTG continues to impress me with how much growth they're capable of. For instance, I used to Marzgurl's videos to be kind of bland, but her latest work shows she's figured out to get herself across better on camera.

I'm learning that the hardest part is coming across good on camera from my own little videos.

You just have to throw on such a BIG personality. You really have to put yourself out there.

figmentPez

Staff member
Suburban Knights pt 4

The two groups don't seem to be meeting even challenges. One group seems to have the majority of the fight scenes. I think that's because not everyone has a weapon to fight with and/or doesn't have a desire/ability to do fight scenes, but I could be wrong. It's still a lot of fun, and I'm happy with the balance of focus on various players.

Speaking of awesome stuff, though, if anyone hasn't checked out JesuOtaku's radio drama, it's amazingly good. Fruits Basket . I think it's based on an anime or manga or something, but I don't know. I'm really enjoying it having no clue about it's origins. The voice acting is very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.