TGWTG 3rd Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the Moulin Rouge review.

Also, regarding the top of the page, Blockbuster Buster is just, well, just horrible...

figmentPez

Staff member
Also, regarding the top of the page, Blockbuster Buster is just, well, just horrible...

Yeah, I've watched a few more of his reviews, and they didn't click like that first one I liked. I dunno if I was just in an odd mood that day or what. Eh.

figmentPez

Staff member
Obscurus Lupa Presents: Christmas Eve on Seasame Street
This is hilarious. I was ready to be upset at Lupa mocking my childhood, after all I listened to the Christmas Eve on Seasame Street LP every year growing up. However, Lupa did a great job mixing her mockery with appreciation for the Street. Plus, she's adorable all bundled up in ridiculous winter gear.

Funny story from my childhood. When I was very young my mom was amazed that I could sit and focus on Seasame Street, because my older sister had never been able to when she was that age. However, I didn't get that the bits with people were also part of the show. So when something besides animation or muppets came on, I'd start crying "Street over! Street over!" even if the show was still going.

Hmm, speaking of Christmas, maybe it's time to write my letter to the jolly old elf...

Dear Santa Claus,

I have been a very good boy this year. I've remembered to post deals in the Games on Sale thread almost every day, and I tried very hard to make sure there were updates to the Good Cosplay Thread.

For Christmas I would like a girl like Allison Pregler. Someone smart and funny and pretty and really awesome to be my girlfriend. But my parents say I have to ask for something that will fit in my stocking, or underneath the tree. So I'll just settle for world peace instead.

Sincerely,
figmentPez
Cosplay Czar of Halfourms

I really enjoy Paw's Music Movie reviews. He did Annie this week, and now I've gone back and watched them all.

He doesn't like Annie.

figmentPez

Staff member
Is it just me, or has Phaelous been working out?

http://phelous.com/node/1025
Huh, now that you mention it, he does seem to be more fit than he used to be. Of course if I had the beautiful girlfriend he does, I think I'd be motivated to get into better shape as well. Try to look like less of a doof in comparison. Well, congrats to him if he's been putting in the hard work of getting into shape.

I'm puzzled by the frame of view for Nostalgia Critic's review of the live-action The Grinch. He makes it out that he's the lone voice of reason in what a piece of crap it is, but I don't know anyone who actually likes that movie.

Watching Critic's Disneycember all at once right now, and it's really making me want to go back and watch some of the Disney films I've not seen since I was little, like Fantasia, Bambi, and especially The Rescuers Down Under. That was my big movie when I was 3 and 4 years old; I'd watch it again and again, and get swept away in how awesome that eagle was. Hard to believe I had so much love for it and I haven't seen it in 20+ years. I thought this was an odd side special for Critic to be doing, but over the last couple hours, I've come to really appreciate his doing it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Well, MAGfest is over, and most of the video producers are back home. The cross-overs should start coming out in a short while, until then:

402863_320476101320320_100000737988522_966572_629942025_n.jpg

figmentPez

Staff member

Pooh-Kara

So, does anyone want links to all the various MagFest cross-over videos? I've been assuming everyone can find them on their own, and none have struck me as stand-out hilarious.

I've been kind of souring on Bennet the Sage, lately. He has this tendency to use words incorrectly, such as atypical.

I'm currently in love with Oancitizen, though. I want to have his babies. Even if every time he says Shakespeare, I want to stab myself in the eye.

I've been working my way through Phaelous's videos and generally enjoying them, though there have been a couple that were a bit slow and I stopped watching (various horror films I'd never heard of, mainly). Might give Lupa a go after his stuff, she shows up a lot and seems to be pretty funny.

Reviving this thread for the fourth anniversary.

Just watched the first part. They are going with a different tone...and I love it. That was a GREAT 40 minutes.

Those last 5-10 minutes were awesome. I'm really amped for the rest of this now.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

I kinda wish they had stuck with parodying Star Trek OR Star Wars, not both. When they switch, it's quite jarring and not in a good way.

I kinda wish they had stuck with parodying Star Trek OR Star Wars, not both. When they switch, it's quite jarring and not in a good way.
I can't say I found it very jarring. The pairing seems natural to me. When I think of Star Wars I think of Star Trek and vice versa.

When they did that joke about firing people early on, I kinda had to cring.
It's in the character so I don't see the problem, really. Spoony himself says he wasn't 'fired' and that he may be able to return later on. :)

That said, I didn't bat an eyelash at it. :p

Update: They are now releasing new episode of this mini-series every three days due to some technical issues. So the next one will be Sunday.

This may change but for now a wait is to be had.

Aw. And I really liked the last 10-15 minutes of it. Wanted to know what happened next. I just thought it took them too long just to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.