TGWTG 3rd Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been loving it so far, but I think one of the few beefs (aside from the super-cheap production value) I have are the "cameos". I feel like the appearances by the ordinary people like the mother and daughter and the dude sitting on the couch in the basement are meant to be...someone. Maybe they're just friends or fans but it's the specific screentime they're getting that's confusing me.

They're extras. Y'know, so that they can actually tell the serious story bits with out people going 'HEY! It's that guy/girl! Hahaha! They so CRAZY!"

I think it was a good move.

Does anyone else think that during that scene a few episodes ago where Angry Joe pulled his guns, instead of what he said, it should have been more "My name is Inigo Montanya. SAY HALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"?

Does anyone else think that during that scene a few episodes ago where Angry Joe pulled his guns, instead of what he said, it should have been more "My name is Inigo Montanya. SAY HALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"?
No, because

1. I'm sick of that reference.
2. Phelous already did that with his little friends.

figmentPez

Staff member
I was thinking that they should work a review into the anniversary, or maybe multiple reviews. Possibly a "Greek Week" storyline, where the Nostalgia Critic decides that everyone's videos are getting lazy and sets up a reviewers college, forcing everyone back to school. Toga parties, pranks, rival fraternities, an angry dean, (but no hazing).

Just finished it. The second to last fight went on a bit long, gags being hit and miss, but the final fight was funny, and the twist was actually pretty clever.

Overall, I liked Kickassia more for being less derivative, but they certainly put their all into this one and it was fun. The credits sequence was indeed pretty awesome.

I enjoyed the Kickassia story more, but found I enjoyed more of the people involved this time around. It felt like more people got a chance to shine this time around instead of the ususals (Critic, Lindsay, Linkara, Spoony).

That's because they wisely divided the group in two, thus each person in each group has less others to compete with.
They tried that last time in Kickassia, but it didn't work because Linkara and Spoony were in the same group (and each of them has a bigger following than Doug). Plus Spoony played Dr. Insano, which ALWAYS steals the show.

They tried that last time in Kickassia, but it didn't work because Linkara and Spoony were in the same group (and each of them has a bigger following than Doug). Plus Spoony played Dr. Insano, which ALWAYS steals the show.
I don't recall that; there were a couple people on Doug's side, but I remember LOTS of shots of a crowded hotel room while the script desperately tried to pass off lines to the assorted less-known faces.

Since Kickassia, I've gotten to know some of these people's shows on their own merits, and so I knew everyone this time. So that's something.

I was pretty sure they dubbed her over with the actual song from the movie...

Edit: rewatched and compared to youtube clip and it looks like I'm wrong. :)

figmentPez

Staff member
I now dub this the Channel Awesome / TGWTG thread.

Anyway, I've discovered the funny that is "What the Fuck is Wrong With You?" It's basically News of the Weird, or any other messed up news story aggregate, but it's often got pretty redheads helping to present. Speaking of which, Obscurus Lupa is hilarious in the most recent episode. I tend to prefer the live episodes of WtFiWWY, because I think the unscripted comes off as funnier, but I love Lupa cameos.

Haven't been watching much lately besides Cinema Snob's midnight screenings, which have been great, especially when he sends his buddies to awful kids movies. The review for Mr. Popper's Penguins is necessary viewing simply because of the crazy stories going along with it.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Brad Tries are the only videos from the Cinema Snob that I watch. I also enjoy watching Jew Wario eat candy. The Nostalgia Critic's attempt at food tasting, however, fell flat. It was just a bunch of crude jokes. Fine if you like that, but they didn't talk about the drink itself.

figmentPez

Staff member
One of the newest reviewers on the site is the Blockbuster Buster. I'm not sure if I'll keep watching his work, but his review of Disney's Atlantis is hilarious. The schtick for the episode is that he can't get any of the TGWTG crew to do a cameo, so he just does his own, and does a good job with the parodies. He apes the Nostalgia Critic, Spoony, Linkara, Angry Joe, Benzaie, Obscurus Lupa, The Cinema Snob and some of the bits were excellent.

It's clearly only a matter of time. ScrewAttack isn't a bad site or a bad group of people, but they've been doing some questionable stuff, especially with their new Advantage program... which is described as "early access" but is actually "Everyone else has to wait 1-2 weeks for content already on the site".

Status
Not open for further replies.