[Thread Game] Terrible Video Game Descriptions (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

GasBandit

Staff member
The irony was, I was the kid on the block the other kids always handed off the controller for the landing sequence. I had a solid 66% success rate.

BananaHands

Staff member
Those flight simulators are the reason I gave up my dream of being a pilot. :(

Next one:

The mansion is not what it seems. Someone almost becomes a sandwich.

Next:
You get arrested and have to clean up a lot of graffiti.
That's easy: Super Mario Sunshine

My entry into this:
Keep trying to rescue and/or fight with this girl, only to find out part of her is merged with the big bad. And you shouldn't be alive. You visit your own grave early on no less!

Keep trying to rescue and/or fight with this girl, only to find out part of her is merged with the big bad. And you shouldn't be alive. You visit your own grave early on no less!
Altered Beast.
"Riiiise from your graaaave!"

--Patrick

BananaHands

Staff member
That's easy: Super Mario Sunshine

My entry into this:
Is that FFX? I feel like that's FFX.

PS1 era. And a sequel.
Hmm...I thought it might be Parasite Eve, then, but I couldn't find any reference to Aya's grave (and I haven't actually played the game).

--Patrick

Damn. That was my next guess.

Silent Hill and Chrono Cross have similar storylines, what the hell.
Silent Hill has a guy collapse time itself to create an alternate dimension/timeline to save existence from an Eldritch abomination that's the fusion of an alien and a magical princess? And as a consequence also brings evolved dinosaurs into the world from another alternate dimension? That's oddly specific.

Chrono Cross and Trigger have a FUCKED UP continuity. Read more here: Chrono Compendium summary

Enjoy for a confusing read.

BananaHands

Staff member
Silent Hill has a guy collapse time itself to create an alternate dimension/timeline to save existence from an Eldritch abomination that's the fusion of an alien and a magical princess? And as a consequence also brings evolved dinosaurs into the world from another alternate dimension? That's oddly specific.

Chrono Cross and Trigger have a FUCKED UP continuity. Read more here: Chrono Compendium summary

Enjoy for a confusing read.
Silent Hill has a guy end up in an alternate dimension created to save the world from an abomination that's the fusion of this burned satanists daughter and his daughter (his princess). And as a consequence also brings parasitic slugs and strange creatures into the world from the alternate dimension. You also start out at the car wreck where he may or may not have died in, which is kind of like a beach where the chono cross guy died.

Silent Hill has a guy end up in an alternate dimension created to save the world from an abomination that's the fusion of this burned satanists daughter and his daughter (his princess). And as a consequence also brings parasitic slugs and strange creatures into the world from the alternate dimension. You also start out at the car wreck where he may or may not have died in, which is kind of like a beach where the chono cross guy died.
Damn. You were right. That is really screwed up how similar that is. I concede the point!

B

BErt

Uncover a great conspiracy, just make sure you take some dope ass wildlife pics along the way

Sell a broken game years ago with bloated malware attached to it. Never fix it. Then, years later, try to sell it again, for full price, to the same people.

Oh wait, this isn't the terrible video game developer descriptions thread.

B

BErt

beyond good & evil
Yes, correct![DOUBLEPOST=1480741498,1480741337][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sell a broken game years ago with bloated malware attached to it. Never fix it. Then, years later, try to sell it again, for full price, to the same people.

Oh wait, this isn't the terrible video game developer descriptions thread.
I was gonna say...every EA game for the past 15 years?