Terrible food you like

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I was thinking about how disgusting something I love to eat is... It's what I would call the "pink panther twinkie", wich is basically a twinkie (or I guess it is, I've never had an actual twinkie) covered in something chocolate like... that is completely pink.

It looks terribly artificial, sometimes I don't feel perfectly good after eating one because it's kind of greasy and I'm sure it's fattening as hell... But I love them, and sometimes, when I'm kinda down but not really depressed, I might buy a pack (they come in twos).

Artificial looking, fast food, weird mixes, whatever! Tell me what really "bad" food you love!

Terrible is relative. If one likes it, then it's not "terrible". Although mere mention of same will set others to running quite fast in the opposite direction.

Case in point. Marmite or natto. Yum to me. A nightmare to others.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger

I don't eat them very often, but when I do..OMNOMNOMNOM.

I also love ice cream. I eat that on a regular basis and really shouldn't.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Pusu, or 'kiss', which is a Finnish sweet. Basically it's a thin chocolate dome, with a creamy filling. Tastes really artificial and is sticky as hell but God help me sometimes you just gotta have some.

Also in the past they were known as neekerinpusu, or 'Negro's Kiss'. With a logo of two thick-lipped African 'natives' in the background. The name got changed a few years back.

Also, if I've understood correctly, some of you folks here are squeamish about liver casserole, a traditional Finnish Christmas Dish.

J

JONJONAUG

My family enjoys lamb brains and fish eyes.

I've had them before, once. I've never really had the chance to try them again though, since most of the cooking now is done by my Aunts and mother and not my grandmother at family get-togethers.

Back in the more "normal" side of the fence of foods that aren't supposedly good for you.

McDonald's Angus Burgers with bacon and cheese (I usually have them add mushrooms to it too). I work at McDonald's over summers and winter breaks and have these things almost every day. They're supposedly bad for me, but after an entire summer of this my cholesterol actually went down so I'm now of the opinion that my metabolism kicks the ass off of everyone else's pansy-ass metabolisms.

J

JONJONAUG

I discovered a few months ago that I like squid.

I still want to try it grilled.
Squid is amazing in all of its varieties.

Really, a lot of people take seafood (that isn't store-bought, already prepared common saltwater fish) for granted. My personal favorites are squid and eels.

L

lafftaff

Anything with mayonnaise. I love to mix it in ramen, salsa, or use it as a dip for just about everything.

I love liver & onions too.

Or I did, until about a month ago when I "snapped" into one for old times sake, and promptly wondered why the fuck I ever enjoyed them in the first place.

Cajungal

Staff member
Donuts, too. A Meche's blueberry cake donut with some milk? :drool: Really, any horribly fattening, sweet thing.

Zingers, i.e. frosted Twinkies: I nom the hell out of those.

Smarties: I've eaten entire store-bought bags by myself before. I LOVE those things.

Fugu: I'd imagine this qualifies as 'terrible' since it's got the potential to kill you, but MAN is this stuff tasty. I've only had it twice (once in 2003, once in 2007), but I would eat it all the time if it was around here.

K

Koko

Or I did, until about a month ago when I "snapped" into one for old times sake, and promptly wondered why the fuck I ever enjoyed them in the first place.
I did the exact same thing, had one for the first time in five years...I chewed a piece for five minutes and it wouldn't...disintegrate.

I went back to the 7-11 and asked for a refund.
The guy refused.
I told him, take a bite, tell me this is not edible.

Long story short, got my $1 back.

R

rabbitgod

I love those cheap snack cakes that are horrible for you, especially swiss cake rolls.
Me too. This is part of what caused me to lose my dancer's body after high school. I went through, like, three boxes of them a week.[/QUOTE]

I love swiss cake rolls too.

I've been known to down a box in one sitting.

C

callistarya

mashed potatoes with Louisiana hot sauce............. oh and cottage cheese with ranch and bacon bits on top with a yummy kosher pickle to scoop it up. YUM!

I became addicted to deep-fried haggis in Scotland. I wish I knew anywhere I could get it here.
I'm not quite sure if that sounds more or less horrible than normal haggis...

But then I have never been terribly fond of the idea of eating organs.

I love biltong and once I start on a bag I find it hard to stop, but somehow it seems like a food more suited to people in the great outdoors burning vast amounts of energy rather than gamers sitting on their arses.

I can eat a whole bag of Salt and Vinegar chips in one sitting, easy. Having some red Kool-Aid or something sweet helps counteract the acid/salt effect.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

I did the exact same thing, had one for the first time in five years...I chewed a piece for five minutes and it wouldn't...disintegrate.

I went back to the 7-11 and asked for a refund.
The guy refused.
I told him, take a bite, tell me this is not edible.

Long story short, got my $1 back.[/QUOTE]

Did you know that Propionic bacteria are used to flavor said Jims? It's true! We isolated some from a SlimJim for an undergrad micro course. Propionic bacteria also flavor and are responsible for the holes in Swiss Cheese!

Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger

I don't eat them very often, but when I do..OMNOMNOMNOM.

I also love ice cream. I eat that on a regular basis and really shouldn't.
That looks freaking amazing, I need to stop by the Hardee's by my work tomorrow and get one of those.

godDAMNIT now i have to go to the store to get slimjims, ramen, liver, and oatmeal..

to contribute: branston pickle is great on sandwiches, even though it's pretty much just straight worchestershire (i cant believe i spelled that right first try) sauce with vegetables.

edit: upon consulting wikipedia it appears that i dont actually have a jar of original branston pickle in my fridge, and indeed that regular branston pickle does not contain worchestershire sauce. well, in any case, the branston pickle/worchestershire sauce in my fridge goes well on sandwiches.

R

redapples

Pusu, or 'kiss', which is a Finnish sweet. Basically it's a thin chocolate dome, with a creamy filling. Tastes really artificial and is sticky as hell but God help me sometimes you just gotta have some.

Also in the past they were known as neekerinpusu, or 'Negro's Kiss'. With a logo of two thick-lipped African 'natives' in the background. The name got changed a few years back.
They seem to be like these maybe? If so yum!

I really like good food. Some what a gourmand if you will. But I really, really like Nissin Noodles. So much so that I would go as far as to say the best food I ate in Bangcock was a cup noodle. I ate some really great food in Thailand but none in Bangcock.

I like something I cook myself

Browned hamburger meat mixed with white rice, diced garlic, ketchup, and A1 sauce.

Mmmmmm.

L

Laurelai

They seem to be like these maybe? If so yum!

I really like good food. Some what a gourmand if you will. But I really, really like Nissin Noodles. So much so that I would go as far as to say the best food I ate in Bangcock was a cup noodle. I ate some really great food in Thailand but none in Bangcock.[/QUOTE]

Huh- to me those kisses remind me of these:
Cream Drops that I used to eat as a kid. Even as a kid, they were a tad too sweet for me and that's SAYING something!

Status
Not open for further replies.