Tennessee is underwater

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many disasters can you have running all at once? In the middle of the oil rig disaster and the Times Square bomb, Tennessee gets hit with 13 inches of rain in a 2-day period. Per the Weather Channel guy NBC likes to bring in on these occasions, that's 4 months worth of rain in a weekend.

This is the current state of LF Field, the home of the Titans:

One of the players for the NHL Predators posted this from their locker room.

I'm not from TN or the surrounding area, although a couple people I follow on Twitter are. Are any forumites affected?

Well, I'm looking outside my window right now and yep, it's still fucking blizzarding. In May.

That's Edmonton.

Fucked.

One of my friend's went to TN for that music festival there with her family and apparently spent the first few nights huddled in a basement while the air raid sirens blared because of the tornadoes assaulting the area.

I am from there, and thankfully my friends and family so far only have minimal damage that I've heard of so far. Some of my high school classmates on facebook haven't been so lucky, and have lost (or had really damaged) cars and houses. Seeing all the pictures of downtown and other places I know and have gone to all the time underwater is kind of heartbreaking :(

W

Wasabi Poptart

I have a good friend in Nashville. Last I heard from him, he and his family were doing ok. In other news, my parents in NJ are still pumping water out of their basement from all the rain they have gotten in the last few months.

Wow that sucks. G'luck Charlie, and everyone else in the area. Remember to keep your feet dry, fungal infections really suck.

S

Soliloquy

Damnit, I'll be so pissed if the 2012 apocalypse ends up being real.

My girlfriend is from Memphis. Her house was alright but a friend's house was flooded and the house of some friends of that friend's parents had collapsed during the earlier tornado.

Status
Not open for further replies.