Tea recommendations

I’m looking to cut back on coffee and get rid of energy drinks. I’d like to start drinking more tea. I’m not really looking to get rid of caffeine, just maybe cut back a bit.
Any recommendations on what to try, and a good place to buy it?

Call me basic but twinnings which can be bought at any grocery store is my favorite. Earl Grey and Lady Grey are my favorite varieties.

Can you give us an idea of what tea(s) you drink now? There's a HUGE variety out there.
Failing that, how about an idea as to what sort of roast/flavor of coffee you prefer?

Or if you are looking for something to ease the transition, you could just start off with something like this.

--Patrick

Or if you are looking for something to ease the transition, you could just start off with something like this.

--Patrick
Not a fan of that. I do like black teas, especially when mixed with fruit flavors like peach, but earl grey was never my favorite. I don’t mix anything with it though. Green teas that I had were ok, but I liked white a bit more than green.

I like the Twinings brand, too.

I know you said you're not looking to cut out caffeine, but I'm a fan of rooibos. Has an earthy flavor that I initially disliked but really came to enjoy.

If you have an asian grocery store nearby, maybe give oolong or pu-erh a try. Oolong is what you'd generally get at a Chinese restaurant. Pu-erh, it's been a while since I've had it so memories are fuzzy, but I remember liking it.

I’ve had oolong before, and do like it. No Asian grocery stores anywhere near here though.
I’ll have to check out the ginger peach, sounds good.

Have you tried Lapsang Suuchong? Some people really, really like it, and others really hate it, but it's definitely its own thing.

I'm not a big fan of black tea for every day drinking. For regular consumption, I like genmaicha, which is about half gyokuro green tea and half toasted rice. It's a bit cheaper than pure gyokuro (which I really enjoy). But you gotta be careful buying this stuff mail order. I recently got some from Amazon and it tasted like a dog's ass. It was awful.

If you like green tea, white tea or oolong, I have to highly recommend the Touch Organic brand. I got it as a gift, and I've never been able to say this before, but you can really taste the difference. I've found them at Marshall's/Homegoods, and I got a great deal on a 3-pack on Amazon.

I also really like darjeeling, but the stuff we have right now was given to us by one of Mr. Z's Indian coworkers, so I don't know the name or where to get it.

I looked up my old order. Tealyra brand. A few other people had the same complaint I had: Bitter, chemically, and harsh tasting. Didn't taste like genmaicha at all. But most of the reviews were good, so I thought I'd give it a try anyway. Such a sucker

I will also recommend you peruse the Harney & Sons website. I found their Hot Apple Spice to be really tasty, but there are probably a couple hundred varieties available.
Also Harney has committed to transitioning away from nylon sachets, if that's a concern.

--Patrick

Boil water.
Add Earl Grey tea bag to cup.
Add water.
Stir.
Remove tea bag.
Add sugar.
Stir.
Add milk.
Stir.
Drink tea.

1 exception only: you can use pine needles if you run out of Earl Grey tea when in the woods.

Any other deviations are against God's will.

I was at Target and saw they had oolong there (Kroger’s Private Selection brand). Don’t get it though, tastes like dirt.