Tapatalk

Do people sometimes get people's posts answering another post but it doesn't appear on Tapatalk v1? It usually happens on the top of a new page where you click on page back and the references of that person doesn't exist on the mobile app?

I go to my PC and check and it seems like Tapatalk tends to skip about 2-3 posts between page flips.

It's doing this on a lot of threads, possibly all.

Minor issue of course but irritable as

Dave

Staff member
I probably have to update the client. It seems it happens a lot. Updating that is. It's a pain in the ass.

Dave

Staff member
I don't think either of those words have ever been on a list.

Try the n-word or the c-word.

Dave

Staff member
There is a new TapaTalk app. I got an email about it. I wonder if I have to update the base here.

You might. Even after viewing all unread, it keeps saying there are two threads unread, but nothing's showing up on the screen.

Dave

Staff member
Just updated TapaTalk to the latest and greatest. Let me know if you see any changes.

Dave

Staff member
Everything seems to be going very slow right now. I don't like it. No sir, I don't like it a bit.

Dave

Staff member
Testing on my iPad and getting nothing.

Changes in the last couple days:
  • Server change.
  • Upgrade to MySQL 5.6 and latest LiteSpeed
  • TapaTalk plugin update
  • SSL
It's got to be one of these. Just rolled the plugin back to the older version of TapaTalk. Nothing.

Gotta be the SSL or server move.

Dave

Staff member
I've said something at the TapaTalk forums. Maybe there's something I have to do that I'm missing now that there's SSL. I mean, other TapaTalk sites have SSL with no issues.

Dave

Staff member
Works for me as well once I did that. Good call guys. It had to be the SSL, then.

GasBandit

Staff member
Actually it kinda makes sense. SSL implementation would probably involve a change of ports, so it only stands to reason that the entry in the client would need to be refreshed with the new port. The stupid part is that tapatalk's servers (I assume they have some acting as matchmakers) don't automatically handle that change.

This is the kind of fix that I would expect to be necessary on a DCC IRC client, or old e-mail client... not a mobile app that presumably phones home with every use.